Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    what happened, why was it Sept 15 since you last played?

You missed out.
    You sent me a PM back in June asking the same question. If you didn't already delete it, check your inbox for a response from me : dated 6/23/2017.

So I'm going to be stuck with the same mouthbreathers every week, for the same rewards, but the fights will be harder? Yeah that sounds like a really good use of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Uh-huh, there's one issue though, many people don't care about getting better.
    Humanity 101

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    This won't last, people need to move on to do Normal difficulty.
    LFR has ALWAYS in my book, been intro level for raiding. So, would be the point.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

The only thing I hate in lfr is the fact that SO many players just afk/autohit on bosses and there is no way to punish those. They are so many that votekick rarely works. Boss HP are busted in lfr, thus making it take longer than even most mythic bosses with the cause simply being people underperforming by either not performing at all or doing almost nothing. If you look at acrivity in lfr fights, you rarely see an average of even 75% or more.

The best way to "fix" lfr would be, to simply automatically remove people who do not properly distribute to a fight (or multiple fights). Example would be, if you die in the first minute of a fight, the system remembers that. If you die again in a similar fashion on another lfr-boss, the system waits some time to check if it is just a wipe, then removes that person (=BEFORE fight is over) and gives the desserter debuff. Similar punishment if the system seens regular inactivity or low activity.

So summed up, you could still occasionally go afk to do more important lfr stuff, but if you do it regularly you get harsher and harsher punishments, with the first option always being removed from the group so it does not ruin the gameplay for the rest.

now THAT would be awesome. If this happened I would do lfr way more often because in theory, it is actually fun to do the bosses in a more chilled version with twinks instead of always just doing stuff on mythic and having to watch out for just about anything remotely close to the boss sneezing
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    The only thing I hate in lfr is the fact that SO many players just afk/autohit on bosses and there is no way to punish those. They are so many that votekick rarely works. Boss HP are busted in lfr, thus making it take longer than even most mythic bosses with the cause simply being people underperforming by either not performing at all or doing almost nothing. If you look at acrivity in lfr fights, you rarely see an average of even 75% or more.

The best way to "fix" lfr would be, to simply automatically remove people who do not properly distribute to a fight (or multiple fights). Example would be, if you die in the first minute of a fight, the system remembers that. If you die again in a similar fashion on another lfr-boss, the system waits some time to check if it is just a wipe, then removes that person (=BEFORE fight is over) and gives the desserter debuff. Similar punishment if the system seens regular inactivity or low activity.

So summed up, you could still occasionally go afk to do more important lfr stuff, but if you do it regularly you get harsher and harsher punishments, with the first option always being removed from the group so it does not ruin the gameplay for the rest.

now THAT would be awesome. If this happened I would do lfr way more often because in theory, it is actually fun to do the bosses in a more chilled version with twinks instead of always just doing stuff on mythic and having to watch out for just about anything remotely close to the boss sneezing
    Should implement this in all modes if your aim it to kill off people raiding, it takes actual raiding guilds months to clear normal and heroic modes with hundreds of wipes. Assuming people will only fail once at a mechanic is just laughable. Not everyone raids mythic and clears in 3 weeks, your idea is stupid.

Isn't it true that KJ requires at least some dedication? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    The only thing I hate in lfr is the fact that SO many players just afk/autohit on bosses
    I have been doing LFR consistently since about a week or two after it was implemented back in Cata and this statement is just outright pure grade A bullshit. At most, in an LFR here or there, you will find 2-3 people AFK/autohitting. At most. And they are almost always without fail people who don't really need anything from LFR but are just there to up their legendary BLP or maybe get a lucky TF ... which is understandable because the content is not for them and is so likely to be unrewarding that there's little incentive to contribute. And even then, it's not every LFR run by far.

It's just as anecdotal as anyone else's, but my experience has been that almost all of the people in nearly every LFR are putting in some degree of effort and some are great and some suck ass but the bosses fall down so I don't give a fuck about any of them.

Statements like the one I've quoted are just people pissed off that they don't control the gates to the raid content any longer.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah my opinion for years: the game desperately needs some kind of system that shows the player that s/he is doing it wrong. You can level to max literally pushing 1 button. There need to be important quest mobs that heal fully if you don't interrupt them, with one shot frontal cleaves, punish standing too near/far etc pp. Automatic messages that pop up after fights "hey there are more skills in your spell book, try some of them".

If a player wants to get better at playing s/he needs to use outside sources. The game should at the very least point to them if it isn't pointing out you play badly.

The earliest a player pushing 1 button now will get told that's not enough is in dungeons, and that feedback probably istn't very nice in most cases.
    I stopped reading here.

But thats the whole issue.People just dont care to learn to get better.I personally know people that dont want to get better,they are happy with how they play and how LFR is giving them loot for not doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    LFR has ALWAYS in my book, been intro level for raiding. So, would be the point.
    That would be incorrect. Karazhan holds that title.
    #bluelivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Before Karazhan, Scholomance and Stratholme were raidable as 10 man raids. UBRS could be entered a 15 man raid. Those were fun times.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That is incorrect. Karazhan is nothing more than a five man dungeon, you see where I am getting at? When I say intro-level raid, then I mean when Looking For Raid was added, means you achieve equipment that can take you into normal raiding. A full LFR set means you are good for normal. Also reason I have a but of joy when I see people complain about actually having to do something in LFR.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    This won't last, people need to move on to do Normal difficulty.
    but people do not want to move to normal - all this will do is make them quit game

this shows how f... retarded Ion is as dev - i wonder which moron decided thatits good idea to make lawyer a lead game dev -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I am fine with that because with enough wipes people will learn or leave.
    and the outcome is they will leave and stop doin it

tbh i dont mind - maybe once the revenue from casuals stop flowing and devs cut down raid bosses numer to 5-6 per tier people will finally learn how important lfr is to game

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    tbh i dont mind - maybe once the revenue from casuals stop flowing and devs cut down raid bosses numer to 5-6 per tier people will finally learn how important lfr is to game
    Yeah, 90% of the game's revenue going away is like totes gonna achieve just that.

Pandaren Monk
    They're probably just going to make the same mistake they had to create LFR to counter.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton