Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry Mangaza's Madness/Sephuz's Secret

    Trying to shadow with out these two legendary items feels like beating your head against a wall and thinking it will feel good.

    I am curious why they haven't baked Mangaza's Madness into the class like they did with the BM hunter's shoulders, it seems a requirement for any kind of consistent ability to play the class competitively.

    Just a rant because I was asked to reroll from Melee choose a bad range class because 4 leggos in and they're effin awful.

  2. #2
    careful what you wish for

    They made shoulders baseline and then lopped off bms dps to compensate, went from top 1/3 to dead last.

    They got weird ideas about balance

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    Trying to shadow with out these two legendary items feels like beating your head against a wall and thinking it will feel good.

    I am curious why they haven't baked Mangaza's Madness into the class like they did with the BM hunter's shoulders, it seems a requirement for any kind of consistent ability to play the class competitively.

    Just a rant because I was asked to reroll from Melee choose a bad range class because 4 leggos in and they're effin awful.
    Something about "skill budget". They claim they can't make all the QoL changes or game becomes too easy.

    To be fair, BM issue was a bit different. You can't proc Mind Blast like that BM spell. The issue there was that proc could easily be wasted if your spell was almost off cooldown.

  4. #4
    Git Gud, seriously though it's not fun to dps without the belt so I feel you there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    careful what you wish for

    They made shoulders baseline and then lopped off bms dps to compensate, went from top 1/3 to dead last.

    They got weird ideas about balance
    That's hardly true. In fact, BM's dps went up by 2-3% with the patch compared to the pre patch (even on single target, a long with getting "free" cleave from the stomp-build). It's just that every other class went up by more, or got stronger bonuses, or are better suited for an encounter.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's hardly true. In fact, BM's dps went up by 2-3% with the patch compared to the pre patch (even on single target, a long with getting "free" cleave from the stomp-build). It's just that every other class went up by more, or got stronger bonuses, or are better suited for an encounter.
    Doesn't help that Heroism rarely is timed for our benefit, while the majority of classes can take full effect from it.

  7. #7
    We need you to play handicapped so us people with the legendaries can parse well.

  8. #8
    Epic! myhv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlight Temple
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    Doesn't help that Heroism rarely is timed for our benefit, while the majority of classes can take full effect from it.
    You just need to learn to use it better, in most cases you can do double VoiT with the "bad" lust.

    OT: It's not nearly as bad as you think. Sephuz's is just a giant stat stick and I've been playing without the belt for the entire expansion with pretty good results:



    Most legendaries are very close in performance, so unless you managed to get both rings, helm and the trinket as your first 4, they are not to blame.
    Last edited by myhv; 2017-08-05 at 01:10 AM.

  9. #9
    What?
    Sephuz is amazing and the shoulders are still in the upper tier of leggo's.

    https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10100

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    You just need to learn to use it better, in most cases you can do double VoiT with the "bad" lust.

    OT: It's not nearly as bad as you think. Sephuz's is just a giant stat stick and I've been playing without the belt for the entire expansion with pretty good results:



    Most legendaries are very close in performance, so unless you managed to get both rings, helm and the trinket as your first 4, they are not to blame.
    Don't know why you quoted my post? Sephuz is amazing, but that doesnt change the fact that we rarely get to use heroism when we need/want it compared to other classes, which was the point. (I guess that my comment really didnt have anything to do with the belt nor ring, but alas.)

  11. #11
    Epic! myhv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlight Temple
    Posts
    1,515
    The first part, the one that talk about using lust on pull to get double VoiT opener.

    And Ael, I know legendary ratings, but my point is that they do not change the way you play the spec. Sure, you need them to get top parses, but it's not sub rogue level of impact.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    The first part, the one that talk about using lust on pull to get double VoiT opener.

    And Ael, I know legendary ratings, but my point is that they do not change the way you play the spec. Sure, you need them to get top parses, but it's not sub rogue level of impact.
    I was talking to the OP tough. He claims Sephuz and the shoulders are shit while Sephuz is one if not the very best leggo for shadow and shoulders are still in the upper tier. If anything, the only 1 he still needs to basically switch to another loot spec is the belt.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    I was talking to the OP tough. He claims Sephuz and the shoulders are shit while Sephuz is one if not the very best leggo for shadow and shoulders are still in the upper tier. If anything, the only 1 he still needs to basically switch to another loot spec is the belt.
    Where did I claim Sephuz is shit? I do the shoulders are pretty shit though seen as they don't have haste. Sephuz seems like a hard requirement, its a struggle in dungeons with out as to if I had it would be allot easier to consistently pull stronger numbers on trash pulls.

    Shoulders/wrist/class ring/back/forsight feet.

    Back is super inconsistent and a strictly worse Mangaza's Madness.

  14. #14
    You really shouldn't double VoiT because it'll mess up your VF cycles (unless it's your last VF or KJ HC).

  15. #15
    there is a priest who ranks 97+(few 100) on all mythic encounters using double torrent on pull (usually lust+disp at the end), then continuing to use consequent torrents AFTER his benders, he games tentacle rppm by not using flay it pre ~17-20 stacks, this helps him establish the 1min cycle. I do not think this is a consistent strat or viable for mythic progression, but worth taking a look at if you happen to have excessive amounts of haste paired with sephuz/belt, in which case you probably have 935+ and arent reading these forums.
    Personally I tried playing double torrent at the end of a fight, which is quite easy to reach within death range, but whether or not such a maneuver is worth is decided by remaining fight length and state of my VF/cooldowns, but if it lines up well with death of the boss, it definitely is worth it as last torrent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

  16. #16
    Rankings are quite misleading, especially atm.

    1. Most top guilds hide their logs, a lot of middling-upper guilds do this too to emulate the benefits. The benefits are presumably people doing less pad damage so they instead focus on the encounter or so they dont get poached, both reasons are stupid (atleast for middling-upper guilds)

    2. Kill times, while this is less relevant to shadow priests (because we dont have any big 2-3 minute cooldowns) it is relevant to our heroism uptime and VF peak.

    3. Almost all high tier ranks of any spec are due to padding (ie fewer people focusing AoE on mistress)

  17. #17
    At the end of the day, the only way to rank on a boss, is if the guild helps you, or you overgear it so you can Surrender to Madness the fight.

    Rankings, at the end of the day, has a lot to do with optimal raid setup and timings as well as personal skill.

    Goroth, DI, Harj needs to have a kill timer so that you can run 1 stm phase.
    Miss Sasszy is all about the allowance to cleave.
    Desolate Host is dependant on what realm you are in etc.

    You need to look at your own play and then see if you did optimal with the situation given to you.

    Its very similar to perfect CS in League. Its more about getting everything that is available to you, and less about a set number.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Rankings are quite misleading, especially atm.

    3. Almost all high tier ranks of any spec are due to padding (ie fewer people focusing AoE on mistress)
    This is only really true for mistress, unless you're talking specifically rank 1. You can get 98-99% on any boss except mistress without padding much at all. And you get get said percentiles with both strategies, so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much. The double torrent strategy is more rng dependant and gives slightly better results.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    This is only really true for mistress, unless you're talking specifically rank 1. You can get 98-99% on any boss except mistress without padding much at all. And you get get said percentiles with both strategies, so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much. The double torrent strategy is more rng dependant and gives slightly better results.
    If you look at the highest ranked members on Misstress for shadow on HC (to have more people to take from), they all have about 50/50 or more dmg on the abyss stalkers than they do Mistress, so yes. Padding is needed to rank atm. IE the raid needs to set you up for it. Thats how getting 98+ has been done since Warcraftlogs was implemented.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    If you look at the highest ranked members on Misstress for shadow on HC (to have more people to take from), they all have about 50/50 or more dmg on the abyss stalkers than they do Mistress, so yes. Padding is needed to rank atm. IE the raid needs to set you up for it. Thats how getting 98+ has been done since Warcraftlogs was implemented.
    I don't know if you are serious. I specified that Mistress was the one boss that you needed the raids "approval" to get 98-99%, while it's doable without on every other boss.

    I was talking about mythic as HC is getting less relevant this far into the tier when the sheer amount of parses at low ilvl skews parses to get very high.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •