Poll: Which is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am honestly surprised Frost isn't higher...mostly cause of the casual playerbase gravitating to it more than unholy. At least from a dps perspective. I chose frost though because I like what's supposed to be the balance of physical and magical power of a death knight.

UH by far, frost has lost some depth. I certainly miss Necrotic plague style a little but the focus on controlling undead minions and some nasty aoe dots make up for it. I really loved WoD´s iteration for Blood, was reallly OP, you could single tank tons of bosses.

I love them all. Frost for its pacing and solo play, unholy for its intricacies with set up and burst and just all around thematics, and blood also for its thematics and reactive/tool for every job playstyle. I definitely prefer the pre legion blood with the death strike on runes and breath of sindragosa though, right now it feels a little bit too slow IMO.

Deleted
    2 handed frost... sadly its not an option any more

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I love them all. Frost for its pacing and solo play, unholy for its intricacies with set up and burst and just all around thematics, and blood also for its thematics and reactive/tool for every job playstyle. I definitely prefer the pre legion blood with the death strike on runes and breath of sindragosa though, right now it feels a little bit too slow IMO.
    What ? care to elaborate ? How much haste do you have when you play Blood spec ?

All of them, it's why I play a DK. But my favorite is by far Unholy.

Unholy is easily the most thematic spec in the entire game, couple that with fast paced game play that's incredibly active (Multiple things to micro manage) and is easily one of the 'harder' specs to play in legion just creates an extremely fun experience.

Deleted
    In terms of favorite to least.

Unholy -> Blood -> Frost
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2017-08-12 at 11:27 PM.

Blood. Unholy is really fun aswell, and frost is alright.

Unholy, no doubt! I love the ticks of the dot, the AOE, the pet, the 1-handed sword, the self-healing in world content.

I love Frost and Blood as well, but as an overall winner it has to be Unholy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, I really liked Unholy more at the beginning of Legion. But now I am really more leaning towards BoS Frost. I'm not a fan of the DA build for Unholy. I play it because it's good, but I look forward to going back Frost.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Y'know, I really liked Unholy more at the beginning of Legion. But now I am really more leaning towards BoS Frost. I'm not a fan of the DA build for Unholy. I play it because it's good, but I look forward to going back Frost.
    It's pretty much the same sh.t tbh. BoS and DA that is. Hate it when I've to tunnel the boss with those abilities, but at least DA doesn't last 1 min.

#1) Blood.. but if you are asking in terms of dps - I like unholy better. As far as its coolness of having like 20 npcs following you around that is really cool and makes me feel like some kinda necromancer. Breathe of Sindragosa is such a badly designed talent. Maybe if all bosses were patchwerk - but why should we get punished in dps for some weird shit tank will do with boss or get out of melee ranged boss abilities. They should add a Pause Breathe of Sindy talents or ability then too.

I am extremely pleased with how Unholy has turned out. I enjoy the play style and healing options. The utility reminds me of my paladin a bit, so I guess that's why I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    It's pretty much the same sh.t tbh. BoS and DA that is. Hate it when I've to tunnel the boss with those abilities, but at least DA doesn't last 1 min.
    Eh, I think the main reason I don't like DA as much as BoS is because there's so much else to worry about before, during, and after DA if you really want to min max. Having VP up before, not having to spend a GCD on DT during, ect.

It's more engaging, but also more punishing it feels like.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

When WotLK hit I went with Blood. Back then all 3 spec's were DPS ones. And I loved it since then. But Blizzard at one point made it pure tanking so I had to respec. I picked Frost, while my bro-in-law went into Unholy (been Blood originally as well). And we had argues which one is better. While I stick with Frost and argued in favor of Frost, he remained Unholy and argued in favor of that.

We occasionally changed our spec's to others just to check it's hard, un-intuitive and performing worse than our initial pick. Plus I somehow didn't liked the theme of Unholy - all those plague and diseases... So I remained Frost and played Frost almost exclusively. I really enjoyed the Frost's theme - I imagined it as ice cold death, emotionless, not caring about anything. It came, it killed, it went away, leaving frozen corpses. And that spec was providing interesting gameplay that went along my character vision.

Plus it was dual wielding. Since back then I didn't have Warrior covered it was my first class to dual wield.

Now, for Unholy - I had spare AP tokens farmed so I decided to check UH. And I must say I discovered plain new kinds of enjoyment out of this class and spec combo. It feels different compared to Frost. Leaning more towards aoe build but man, how fast and efficient in it it is. Half of time I spent in Legion I did in UH. And this time the plague/disease theme I found fitting. Probably because I was reading then Horus Heresy series (from WH 40k) and had parts with Nurgle's influence...

Anyway - my primary choice was and is Frost, but Unholy being not far behind.

Deleted
    I like the vamprire knight class fantasy that comes with the Blood spec, I just wish it was a DPS spec.

I really like Blood, with Unholy being a reasonable close second. Frost feels like they haven't quite nailed the class fantasy yet.

Though I do wish across the board they'd get rid of this concept/excuse/rationalization that DKs tend to have low mobility because "death is inevitable" or "the lich king walked really slow that one time". No reason Death can't be quick and nimble. In all 3 specs I feel like I'm slow as mud when not wearing Legendary boots.

To sum it up.
    In WotLK I was blood tank, blood dps with armor penetration, blood pvp with armor penetration.
    I like the flavour, thematics, design and game play of blood a lot.
    Even to this day.

Frost is, obviously, the worst in all of these categories. They feel the least Death knight of all specs.
    And worst of all; they dual wield. Death knights do not dual wield.

10+ Year Old Account
    unholy and blood, frost always been so mind numbing boring to me, 3button brainless smashing urg, not to mention how can you not like timmy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

My DK Alt is Unholy and I love it. Mechanically it's unique and quite satisfying to play, visually the theme is just great, what with the big sword spreading disease and decay everywhere you go, attracting flies to the already rotting corpses of your enemies and with a range of powerful summon-based cooldowns. Blizzard trying to implement their Class Fantasy had its ups and downs this xpack, but Unholy was most certainly a complete success on that front.

Blood is also plenty fun, after playing a Prot Warrior it's just so satisfying to heal yourself back to full in one or two Death Strikes, and the theme of being a vampiric warrior who takes hits but heals himself with the blood of his enemies to take some more is quite cool too.