Poll: Which is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unholy is fucking amazing this expansion, while Frost.... ergh...

15+ Year Old Account
    Unholy without a doubt. I like having a minion/plague spreading class.

Deleted
    The visuals of frost and some artifact appearances are nice. Yet BoS brings it down for me just due to its length feels more rotational than this ability will nuke my enemies like a 20 sec breath or so. To punishing for an already immobile specc.

Unholy has great gameplay and fantasy although isn't as flashy as frost it still has a nice visual theme with minions and weapon appearances.

Blood has always been my go to alt tank every expac and even mained it mostly in cata equally wth DPS DK. Blood DPS in wrath was cool, dear unhappy my tank was cool.

I always presumed frost was going to be the tank and u holy would be for pets and blood would be direct damage. Don't remember there reasoning but, I like the self healing of blood and it's marrowrend DS playstyles. Maybe not the best iteration but still works nicely for me and still my go to alt tank.

All in all I don't really have a favourite but this expac I have played more unholy due to not being as punished by movement as frost and I don't like to main tanks anymore.

Blood and Unholy are fine but I love the aggressive playstyle and the massive, up-front damage that Frost offers. The only thing that would make Frost better for me is giving back the ability for 2-handed weapons. It just looks better to me.

Blood is to me both the coolest and funniest to play.

I think draining the blood of your ennemies and feeding off them to make yourself stronger is sick af

I loved playing blood tank and blood/frost hybrid tank back in wotlk too (I realised that blood was the true tank spec far before most did :P)

Deleted
    No matter which is better DPSwise, I'll either play Unholy, or reroll to another class. Frost is fun, for a few days, but I like to keep things "interactive". Frost is so scripted that a well written macro could do a player's job (maybe even better than a player).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    No matter which is better DPSwise, I'll either play Unholy, or reroll to another class. Frost is fun, for a few days, but I like to keep things "interactive". Frost is so scripted that a well written macro could do a player's job (maybe even better than a player).
    I hate to burst your bubble but so is every spec in the game, including unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    You should have no problem posting 95th+ percentile parses then right?

Funny how everyone claiming frost is so boring and "easy" can't play it for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Blood feels the most fun right now because you're now more immediately impactful. You can burst out cool things like using Dancing Rune Weapon to go up to full Bone Shield charges in one swing, use it to put three Blood Plagues on all targets, and double-Heart Strike cleave while everything is in Death and Decay. Generally speaking, the changes to BB and DnD this expansion made it a lot better, as you no longer have to afflict the diseases, then spread them, and then boil, or even wait for DnD to come off cooldown -- it's just, boom, boil, done. And it's great.

Ramping up as Unholy doesn't feel fun. Making ghouls, having Clawing Shadows, and using Epidemic is fun, though.

For Frost, Frost Striking for runes and getting Rime procs is fun, but the talents really aren't.
    Blood still does so little damage IMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Unholy cos its more managing than frost.
    I havent tanked as blood since WoD but blood seems fun as well in Legion.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since end of wrath and Blood turned into a tank spec i allways been Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    You should have no problem posting 95th+ percentile parses then right?

Funny how everyone claiming frost is so boring and "easy" can't play it for shit.
    Is it really necessary to parse legendary to be able to say Frost is "ez" ? There aren't a lot of differences between the purple and the orange parses if not because the oranges are abusing everything it comes to pad meters.
    Actually, it's more or less the same no matter which spec you play. If you're parsing purple, it's pretty safe to assume you know how to play your spec don't you think ?
    For me frost has always been easier than unholy, but blood is probably one of the easiest to play all classes and spec combined (haven't played druid tank though. Heard that it's even easier ?).
    I always play either frost or blood when I don't want to think too much because, really, you don't have a lot of things to pay attention to. Just put some weak auras and... Voila !

But hey, I guess everyone are entitled to their own opinion right ? Anyway, I don't know why it bothers you so much when they say it's "easy". Just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Blood still does so little damage IMO
    I disagree. If you check the logs, they're pretty close together. Paladins are probably behind, but it's only a few %. I'm quite surprised actually if you think about it.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-08-30 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    What ? care to elaborate ? How much haste do you have when you play Blood spec ?
    Admittedly my haste is a bit lower than it should be, I think currently only around 7k rating but at points I played with around 10k in the past. I think the problem for me was going from a base 1 second global cooldown to the new haste modified 1.5. I have also played spectral deflection a fair bit this tier, just due to how hard some of the bosses hit, which also leads to a much slower play style.

Deleted
    A lot of people will disagree. But I like the new frost build w/o breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    I want an "all of the above" option, too, 'cause I love Frost for its fast pace, UH for it's mechanical complexity with the resource juggling plus visually it's arguably the most DK-y DK, and Blood is simply a very elegant tank, plus it's always fun to be able to tell a healer "I got this, go babysit the dps" lol.
    I hear you, but one thing... DK's are Mini versions of the Lich King, yeah??? And he is blue due to the Frozen Throne, leading to the fact that despite the undead factor, Frost is the main spec? So wouldn't Frost be the most DK-y DK???
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I really wish I could just make a "dps" or "tank" dk and use flavors and abilities from all 3 types.

Regardless UH gets my vote.

I've always enjoyed "mage knight" type characters and the dk class as a whole fits this well, with UH being the best fit of the class. Not to say I don't enjoy blood or frost as well, but of the three UH is the top, though I do dislike the abomination, rather a straight undead rather than a 'crafted' one, then again I dislike dual wielding as frost so eh.
    This was actually the design in Wrath they could dps and tank in every single spec and I honestly miss it a lot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost and Windwalker are the only two dps specs i can stand playing these days. Blood is my DKs mainspec. I dont even have his unholy weapon. Nor do i have any intention of getting it.

I do not play pet specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I hear you, but one thing... DK's are Mini versions of the Lich King, yeah??? And he is blue due to the Frozen Throne, leading to the fact that despite the undead factor, Frost is the main spec? So wouldn't Frost be the most DK-y DK???
    I guess it depends. We first saw Arthas in warcraft 3 and the most iconic spell was Death Coil (followed by skeletons ?). So for some, Unholy in the most DK-ish spec.
    I mean, look @ the undead race in warcraft 3. Everything screams skeletons. Raise dead. Not this frost mage bullshit. It was more of the lich undoing.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-09-06 at 01:42 PM.

Unholy for sure. It just feels so satisfying, DA and Defile are both incredibly fun for me. Frost visually is amazing, playstyle is eh. Still better than outlaw at least. Imo at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly right now I don't like any of the specs, but I won't reroll this expansion because I have every legendary I need for all 3 specs.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.