Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    About the only issue I have experienced is that enhancement doesn't take any punishment particularly well. This means you really cannot tunnel a boss and ignore mechanics as some other classes might do.

Dps wise it can easily keep pace with most classes. Same with elemental.

My biggest advice to you is to not let the shaman community wear you out with the doom and gloom. Frankly they are in a great spot really with too many pointing to top guild policies as the metric to measure performance. Like literally every class they have issues but that really shouldn't put you off a class you like and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    About the only issue I have experienced is that enhancement doesn't take any punishment particularly well. This means you really cannot tunnel a boss and ignore mechanics as some other classes might do.

Dps wise it can easily keep pace with most classes. Same with elemental.

My biggest advice to you is to not let the shaman community wear you out with the doom and gloom. Frankly they are in a great spot really with too many pointing to top guild policies as the metric to measure performance. Like literally every class they have issues but that really shouldn't put you off a class you like and enjoy.
    I agree with you in principle that Shaman are generally in a good spot, but man, as someone who just starting gearing up a Boomkin, it's absurd how simple their rotation is compared to the potential output. You need to bust your ass as Elemental to do the kind of damage that as Balance feels almost like cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    I agree with you in principle that Shaman are generally in a good spot, but man, as someone who just starting gearing up a Boomkin, it's absurd how simple their rotation is compared to the potential output. You need to bust your ass as Elemental to do the kind of damage that as Balance feels almost like cheating.
    Of course.

The difficulty of a spec fluctuates a lot across different classes. Sure a particular class might be easier to play but that doesn't mean you will necessarily enjoy it or have fun playing though.

I guess my point is that if you enjoy playing a shaman then you shouldn't worry about keeping pace on the DPS front because you will be on par.