1. #1

    Did the pally ret buff go live on the ptr yet?

    Retribution Paladin Increases damage/healing of Blade of Justice, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Eye for an Eye, Judgment, Justicar's Vengeance, Wake of Ashes, Zeal by 27% 0%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Execution Sentence and Wake of Ashes by 27% 0%. Increases damage/healing of Flash of Light by 42%. Increases power cost of Flash of Light by 22%. Increases damage/healing of Crusader Strike and Judgment by 13% 44%. Increases damage/healing of Consecration by 100%. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 13%. Paladin - Retribution Spec.

  2. #2
    Yes... but was compensation for the damage aura removal, so it's not actually a buff.

    Only the mastery change is.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes... but was compensation for the damage aura removal, so it's not actually a buff.

    Only the mastery change is.
    What mastery change?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    What mastery change?
    Mastery was buffed so it's more valuable. I think it was about 44% more damage on judgement and scaling 16% buff or something. Simply putting... if you had like 30% mastery, after the patch that will become 35% mastery, plus more damage on judgment.

  5. #5
    so this is fun, because judgment has more cd that the debuff, so it is have bottle necks already.
    adding more mastery is just a waste of a stat.
    Hammer of salt

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenmsalles View Post
    so this is fun, because judgment has more cd that the debuff, so it is have bottle necks already.
    adding more mastery is just a waste of a stat.
    Dunno about that. The t21 set increases judgment damage by 60%.

    I would not be surprised if mastery becomes our best stat in t21.

    I don't follow why you think mastery is bottlenecked though.

  7. #7
    Idk about best stat but I could see our priority going from
    Strength > Haste(31.25%) > Crit = Vers > Mastery
    to basically have Crit = Vers = Mastery with the tier bonus.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Idk about best stat but I could see our priority going from
    Strength > Haste(31.25%) > Crit = Vers > Mastery
    to basically have Crit = Vers = Mastery with the tier bonus.
    haste doesnt need to go to 31.25% and strengh is not better than versa crit and haste in most cases

    - - - Updated - - -

    normally our stat priority is hast>crit>~versa>mastery

  9. #9
    Vers=Haste>crit>mastery pretty much for my sims in recent sims i'v done at 20% haste or so

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Benssax View Post
    Vers=Haste>crit>mastery pretty much for my sims in recent sims i'v done at 20% haste or so
    So they buffed mastery but it's still useless?

    really shows that Blizzard has no idea what their plans for this class is or how to adress certain issues.

    Might have to reroll for the first time since I started playing my paladin in 2005. They've never had this poor design. Vanilla ret iteration was better than this, and that's my least favorite (SoC, judgement of the crusader, judgement of command gameplay etc).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    So they buffed mastery but it's still useless?

    really shows that Blizzard has no idea what their plans for this class is or how to adress certain issues.

    Might have to reroll for the first time since I started playing my paladin in 2005. They've never had this poor design. Vanilla ret iteration was better than this, and that's my least favorite (SoC, judgement of the crusader, judgement of command gameplay etc).
    He's not talking about PTR. We don't know the relative value of mastery yet. Only the simulationcraft guys would.

  12. #12
    High Overlord Holypowah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Im hiding in your tears of QQ
    Posts
    199
    It's been a while since I simmed myself with the PTR changes, but when I did it changed nothing in my order (haste>crit=vers>str>mastery) but it did make mastery give a little more dps per point.

    EDIT: just now resimmed myself, it actually placed mastery above strength this time. Interesting.
    Last edited by Holypowah; 2017-08-18 at 10:58 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Holypowah View Post
    It's been a while since I simmed myself with the PTR changes, but when I did it changed nothing in my order (haste>crit=vers>str>mastery) but it did make mastery give a little more dps per point.

    EDIT: just now resimmed myself, it actually placed mastery above strength this time. Interesting.
    Last i heard simcraft was broken on the PTR. Don't take its values as accurate.

  14. #14
    Interesting information

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •