Need some help, I think?

So I have recently returned to the game and geared my lock which I admit I have played in a few expacs so might be a little rusty. So, last night I got my affliction lock to ilvl 900 and pugged a Normal ToS. Killed every boss. But that's not the problem.

I am currently looking for a guild so I questioned one that was recruiting in /2 on my server. The person came back and said they couldn't give me a position in their raid team because I have low performance numbers on Warcraft Logs. I was kind of confused because while in game looking at damage meters I was quite high, usually finishing with in the top 5 of a guild that has already cleared ToS and was running some alts. You can also see this in the Warcraft Logs replay of each fight.

So I guess my question is. Am I really that bad? Or should a potential raid leader look at my performance based off my ilvl at the time of the boss kill or my performance percentage overall.

If anyone is willing to dive in a take a look you can find my character in Warcraft Logs under the same name on US-Bleeding Hollow. **Yes I know I didn't use any pots.**

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Hi friend,

First things first, you have wrong talents on some fights, this is the main deal, check highest parses on Warcraftlogs for more insight (try to check parses from people who dont have the legendary class ring)

Second highest deal, you dont have 4P, i for the life of me couldnt parse above 60 without it ( i got the legendary belt at the same time so that helped) , its very very good, like a mini bloodlust with an uptime between 25-50%, and the massive thing with it is that if you're unlucky with UA resets or SC procs, the haste will make up for it

Third thing, your raid size is small , which means you are probably doing mechanics that require a lot of movement for your guild, so that may explain why your dps is lowered (picking up orbs on maiden, soaking mistress's shots, moving for AoE heal on sisters)

4th point : a lot of Aff lock damage comes from padding, the higher your guild bursts on add spawns, the less damage you'll have since DoTs require time to tick (even worse if you can't get soulshards from all adds), on a boss like Harjatan , isee you have 27 UA casts when i have 30 for a fight half the duration

Lastly, if you need some hindsight on gearing or dps cycle , check this http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Introduction

10+ Year Old Account
    Your sim: Raidbots
    Your rank in all ilvl brackets: For all item levels
    Rank in your ilvl bracket: By item bracket

They might have looked at overall bracket and then yeah ofc. your score seems low. You can take a look at one of the main locks in our guild run to check uptimes etc. and then get a better picture of where to improve. Plus it would help a decent amount using food, flask, rune and prepots (even on normal runs

Our lock in guild: Chukles
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!

Thank you. After I posted this I went and read about some of the talents that ppl are using so I can see how that would improve. Thank you both, guess I just need to read up more. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kulspruta View Post
    Plus it would help a decent amount using food, flask, rune and prepots (even on normal runs
    The rune really doesn't make much of a difference. My warlock has a 917 item level and 49,000 Intellect. The rune provides less than a 1% increase in Intellect. I know it's cumulative with other buffs - and if you have lots of them go for it. But I wouldn't go broke or spend hours trying to farm them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    The rune really doesn't make much of a difference. My warlock has a 917 item level and 49,000 Intellect. The rune provides less than a 1% increase in Intellect. I know it's cumulative with other buffs - and if you have lots of them go for it. But I wouldn't go broke or spend hours trying to farm them.
    Terare wanted to get into a raiding guild, so would assume it would be worth it when they are checking if you're fully buffed or not. I do see your point though. I for my self farm lfr for runes and use on farm runs (normal, heroic etc) everything counts to just improving from past logs for me, unless if you are smacking your face on a mythic boss, so unless its close to a kill after people gets mech. of fight, yeah rarely using runes there.
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!