Probably a stupid question about Supremacy, internals, and groups

I should be toggling off Burning Presence and Seethe to avoid yanking threat from tanks, right?

Just seethe should do the trick.

Just Seethe. Without Burning Presence he'll do no damage.

Thanks, Mejren and Jahrastafari. It's one of those things that struck me and I genuinely didn't see mentioned in guides, and I got to wondering if I might be something that should be obvious.
    Last edited by Lasombria; 2017-08-05 at 04:09 PM.

Pretty sure Burning Presence does no damage. Are you thinking of Immolation?

I turn off both, no point having them on in my opinion if you don't want it to tank.

There are instances in M+ where your infernal (tank) can be used to the group's advantage - it's saved a wipe more than a few times for me on certain trash pulls...

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    There are instances in M+ where your infernal (tank) can be used to the group's advantage - it's saved a wipe more than a few times for me on certain trash pulls...
    Oh, definitely! I'm a long-time player of pet classes. I was just thinking about when I wanted to let the tank do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Burning Presence increases threat generation, immolation aura is always active in combat.

Just turn both off when you're in a raid or dungeon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    Oh, definitely! I'm a long-time player of pet classes. I was just thinking about when I wanted to let the tank do their job.
    Certainly a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    wrong. Seethe is taunt. Burning Presence is threat generation. Turn them both off.

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    Absolutely it can have its place. Next week for Skittish I will keep one taunt on and have the other if needed as that is what my guild tanks (and the melee as they are less likely to get smacked about the face) actually prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Absolutely it can have its place. Next week for Skittish I will keep one taunt on and have the other if needed as that is what my guild tanks (and the melee as they are less likely to get smacked about the face) actually prefer.
    Oh yeah for sure... Love the infernal stun too - it's my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Mmm, that makes a ton of sense.

burning presence is sort of nice during skittish weeks; your tank should have no trouble out-threating the infernal and sometimes mobs will hit it instead of melee when they dump threat

don't leave the taunt on autocast; having a keybind for it can occasionally be useful