[Megathread] Magic: The Gathering MMO

Really no info on this yet but I gotta say I'm pretty excited. Magic was my first real social gaming experience as a kid, and they have an insane amount of lore to work with. Can't wait to see what they do with it.

https://crypticstudios.com/magic

Looks good on paper but I imagine there will be a lot of either P2W or borderline P2W stuff since it's the same studio who did Neverwinter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will try this if I can throw cards at people.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how well they would balance the game some card combos are borderline insane other than that I still think my brother still has an old shoe box full of cards.

I wonder if it will involve cards at all. I suspect it might just be your standard fantasy MMO based on the lore and world of MTG.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Planeswalkers, unite! Yawgmoth will fall!

...It can be really good or really bad. Like an Warhammer mmorpg. The universe is cool, but very hard to translate into a mmo-rpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I wonder if it will involve cards at all. I suspect it might just be your standard fantasy MMO based on the lore and world of MTG.
    I can only imagine it would be. An MTG MMO with cards would cut into and possibly ruin MTGO's profits
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Hm, looking at their other works, something tells me it won't be open world, which would suck, open world magic would be dope.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what. A Magic MMO by Cryptic?

I wonder if they'll try something new to the genre, if they'll actually attempt to be competitive with the likes of WoW, ESO and FFXVI or if they'll play it safe and essentially replicate Neverwinter.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Looks interesting. If it's only using the characters from magic though and nothing to do with the cards... kinda disappointing.

Eh it caught my eye though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be Magic if you can't collect cards similarly to Witcher 3 + from other sources and can't challenge other players and npcs to play with you.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it's just gonna be a typical MMO set in the Magic multiverse. And there's nothing really wrong with that. Magic has a fantastic and almost limitless amount of story and settings to set up an MMO in. Really, getting to experience all those stories in a world like that may make this worth trying. Hopefully we do see some sort of planeswalking, being able to warp between different universes.

And maybe finally finish off those damned Phyrexians.

F2P - good, as it takes a download to try it. Anyway, i'd like to see more of it as i cannot find anything.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.