WW How do u know if your mastery is up or not?

Just curious am i supposed to see a buff on myself if i keep using the different series of attacks? is it tractable to know when it drops?

If you take the talent Hit Streak, as long as the buff remains up, you haven't hit the same ability twice and your mastery is affecting every ability. Other than this, there is no in game notification of WW mastery. Alternatively, and as most of us main WWs use, there are Weakauras and TellMeWhen profiles that will help track what the last ability you used was.

You don't need to track your mastery... it is active as long as the button you press next isn't the same as the button you just pressed. What is there to track?

If you're talking about hit combo, there is a buff, and several weakauras out there to help you track it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjer View Post
    You don't need to track your mastery... it is active as long as the button you press next isn't the same as the button you just pressed. What is there to track?

If you're talking about hit combo, there is a buff, and several weakauras out there to help you track it.
    Actually, if you're in the thick of things and you need to concentrate on mechanics (or utility if you're PvPing), sometimes you forget what attack you used last. Something that helps keep track of the mastery would help with the rotation.

But then again... I'm no WW expert. Maybe I just suck at it.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Actually, if you're in the thick of things and you need to concentrate on mechanics (or utility if you're PvPing), sometimes you forget what attack you used last. Something that helps keep track of the mastery would help with the rotation.
    I have a weakaura that shows my last used damage ability. Pretty simple stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post

But then again... I'm no WW expert. Maybe I just suck at it.
    I just keep another attack skill somewhere to hit for when I need to make damn sure I don't hit the same skill twice.... like the lightning skill you will NEVER hit... then resume

I think its reasonable to want to know if your getting the 15% bonus or not without doing math while playing (or maybe i am wrong!)

Don't use the same attack two times in a row. It's easy.

I've never had the issue of not remembering what button i JUST pressed...... I don't understand how you can forget?

Also, once you've played WW long enough, the "flow" of the rotation becomes so natural that you dont' have to worry about it... your fingers will do the dance on their own

what am i missing here, couldn't this train of thought be applied to nearly any "buff" ? just assume its happening?

I get the point of the don't use the same attack just sort of enjoy seeing the enhancement actually work or pay off visually.

just use hit combo and keep the buff up at 6

btw I fully expect hit combo and ww mastery to be combined for the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Just curious am i supposed to see a buff on myself if i keep using the different series of attacks? is it tractable to know when it drops?
    You could use TrufiGCD which basically shows you a list of the spells you used last.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can use this WA which will tell you what you last pressed so you dont press it again:

https://wago.io/EJBRsrrD-
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought your fist should light up as long as your mastery was active.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I played WW I just made a Weakaura to track my abilities that I used previously. Easiest way I'd assume to keep tract of your mastery