Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    You can't be serious with maiden. There's grand total of 31 parses. What meaningful statistic can be derived from that?
    Going by that logic (in the same graph), surv is the best dps by a huge margin.

Not saying that ele is in a good state or anything (nor enh for that matter), as it's still probably the worst st spec in the game, but that graph is bollocks for some specs if you want to compare them objectively.
    The DPS alone is not the issue though. They have no utillity worth shit, no way of soaking stuff (really important in ToS), no movement at all, and low damage even on cleave fights that should be their thing.

It is one of the worst specs in the game right now and has been for a long time. It's not like you can't play the spec but there are so many others specs that just do everything better than elemental.
    I wish they were better, I really do but but thats not the case right now.

@Aggrophobic
    Absolutely agree. The class as a whole is in a bad shape, with ele being the highlight of a really bad spec.
    Though I don't think it was really bad in NH, far from the best, but playable. And enh was quite ok from the start of legion until Blizz stirred the pot and nerfed it to hell and back.
    As far as utility goes, it's indeed a sad state for shamans, ele & enh utility was extremely minimal throughout wod and legion, they bring nearly nothing besides their dps so if they're not good at that nobody wants them for world first kills.
    Last time ele was really useful was MoP, with very good mobility, huge healing cds and awesome aoe. But those days are gone.

While we're at it, resto is not that spectacular as well for most guilds. It's great for world first, but if it takes you multiple reclears of the instance to clear the more complicated bosses (like for the overwhelming majority of the players) then resto becomes less and less useful for farm fights, but you still need to upkeep it for progression fights. You can spec into underwhelming dps for farm, and while on paper it's not horrible, being consistently at the bottom of dps charts (even if the margin is not huge) is not exactly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, not at all. Ele is as bad as it gets...
    And Enhance does roughly the same damage with the added downside of being melee. Neither spec is very desirable this tier, if you're going to play Shaman...Ele is a better bet.

- - - Updated - - -

The DPS alone is not the issue though. They have no utillity worth shit, no way of soaking stuff (really important in ToS), no movement at all, and low damage even on cleave fights that should be their thing.

It is one of the worst specs in the game right now and has been for a long time. It's not like you can't play the spec but there are so many others specs that just do everything better than elemental.
    I wish they were better, I really do but but thats not the case right now.
    Seriously dude, you can swap out Ele with Enhance for your entire rant and still be right.

Neither Shaman spec is a good choice this tier, if you're going to play it, at least play Ele because ranged is far more desirable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    They're both terrible, just play what you like.
    /Thread

I seriously don't understand people arguing over it.

They are both awful right now.

Deleted
    Enhance does not the same damage. On pure single target enhance is much stronger. Ele is very weak on single target.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps

Quote Originally Posted by jn8888 View Post
    What's currently better dps ele or enhance?
    What raid boss or content.

ele if you like range, enh if up close and personal both are visually pleasing.

I don't think mythic raiders come here to ask, but you may never know. I have more fun with enhancement, elemental is a bit frustrating sometimes, but there are moments where the stars align and numbers climb very fast.
    Pick what's more fun or a different class if you want to be top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    /Thread

I seriously don't understand people arguing over it.

They are both awful right now.
    If forced to choose between shit and a turd...how about neither?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love these dick measuring threads... what's really funny/sad to me is people don't actually measure to see who is the biggest... they measure to see who's dick is smaller.

Usually by people that either don't play the class, or don't play the opposing spec, and if YOU actually PLAY a enhancement shaman and think they do top notch dps... you're probably a pretty good one, or if you PLAY an elemental shaman and think they are performing decently you're probably a pretty good one. For those of us who play on a marginal level... the grass is always greener...

Don't take it personally, most people don't accept that they are average players. Most people believe they are above average intelligence, deserve above average wages, play video games at an above average level. But that CAN'T be true otherwise the average would be higher...
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-08-08 at 12:02 AM.

Indeed, it's one of the worst classes in the game now.
    Thats why you have some many of them on the Avatar kills, you know.

Oh and they are doing great on Maiden https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=2052
    YOu need your eyes fixed then. There are many specs below them both. On heroic and mythic. But you want to pretend it's fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    YOu need your eyes fixed then. There are many specs below them both. On heroic and mythic. But you want to pretend it's fake news.
    Damage alone is not enough to make the class good unless you're at pre-nerf arms levels.
    Go play a rogue ans stop trolling the forums.