Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Online dating is a joke, especially with all the obese people out there now (myself included). The real weirdos come out, especially on the free to message sites, at least you get better picks on the paid sites most of the time. It's a good thing that at least some of us fat people acknowledge that we are overweight, I see women who probably weigh more than me (I weigh 260 lbs at 6'0) saying their body type is "average". If I am overweight, some of these people are in the morbidly obese category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It sounds like the reason you might not get responses, is because you come off as the opposite of low effort messages; you try too hard, and it shows to whomever you message. It's all speculation of course, but if true, then maybe try a middle ground approach.
    You're right, too much interest can kill off any attraction. But my interest is genuine in the people that I want to get to know, some may mistake that as desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    People like this don't even deserve a partner, at least not one like me.
    Lmao.

Women don't respond to me! Women don't like me! Fucking entitled bitches! YOU DON'T DESERVE SOMEONE LIKE ME!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Gosh I forgot how tedious and difficult online dating is (I use dating loosely) recently decided I would hop on the train unfortunately as a gay man in Yorkshire my options are limited in what I use (Grindr and Badoo). Now I am far from conventionally attractive so naturally most will ignore me BUT damn I forgot how many messages is required for a response THEN you have to filter out the timewasters. Now perhaps it's because I am older but online dating seems more difficult now to hook meet ups! When I was 17 I used Faceparty and don't recall the difficulty...

What's your opinion?
    Don't know what Badoo is but I know the majority of the guys on Grindr are pretty shallow and only looking for "other hot guys". You would be better off trying the app Growlr or going on the website adam4adam to find someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Lmao.

Women don't respond to me! Women don't like me! Fucking entitled bitches! YOU DON'T DESERVE SOMEONE LIKE ME!
    He's right, more or less. I've been on both sides of the track, and I can attest to this. But I think it's been known for a long time that women have it easier when it comes to dating, usually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Step one of dating, online or otherwise: be attractive.

Nothing else matters if you're hot. Type any kind of message you want, have any kind of profile you want; you'll get replies.

In terms of actual advice, stop caring. If you overthink your messages, become desperate and try too hard, you'll get jaded. As much as men and women may complain about having boring uninteresting messages the truth is if they're attracted to you they won't care. Also they're strangers, the fuck do I want to spend half an hour reading their profile and thinking up something witty when I can message "Heya! Get up to anything fun lately?" to 50 people in the same time and start up 10-20 conversations.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-08-06 at 09:47 PM.

Bitch.
    Why this butthurt?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I think gays and cripples should do the world and favour and date each other.

infracted - trolling
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What's online dating? Oh, that thing where you send a match a message, and never get one in return, and repeat? Yeah, that.

Seriously. Been on OkCupid for years, only person that ever messaged me first had three kids.
    Sorry anime man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    and we're nothing if not considerate of the romantically challenged .
    I dunno. The gay guy at my work is so sassy he's just dorky and can't get him a man. rip him

Wait, wan't it you that complained about the kinds of messages you get (and made hilarious demands)? I merely provided an explanation. You should thank me! You now know how to solve your problem: Take matters into your own damn hands!

Edit: Case in point: My GF messaged me first.
    Don't call a girl a bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Profile isn't usually the problem, the problem is the messages people are sending, the content and the amount. You're spammed with a lot of "hey" "how u doing?" and so on as a woman on a dating page. A lot of low effort messages where you don't even bother to check their profile because of the low effort in their message.
    saying "hey" should not be a problem, why shud people waste there time on a long thought out message on the first go, if however the person reply hey to their 'hey' then there is interest back, so therefor you have reason to get creative in a second message and chances are much higher u wont get ignored for ur efforts. Im a bloke and refuse to think out a long message immediately just to get ignored, I could think out a message and copy and paste to every woman out there however, yet that would be worse imo

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    saying "hey" should not be a problem
    It is a problem because the inbox is filled with messages just like it. I just skip over short/low effort messages like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    saying "hey" should not be a problem, why shud people waste there time on a long thought out message on the first go, if however the person reply hey to their 'hey' then there is interest back, so therefor you have reason to get creative in a second message and chances are much higher u wont get ignored for ur efforts. Im a bloke and refuse to think out a long message immediately just to get ignored, I could think out a message and copy and paste to every woman out there however, yet that would be worse imo
    Look, I have some sympathy for men in the internet dating scene, but what the fuck am I suppose to do with hey? At least tell me your name or something, jeez.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, though hey doesn't leave much to reply to. That's why I used to go for a generic question as a conversation starter and copy paste that shit to a bunch of people. It's how I met most of my girlfriends, including the ones I met offline.

10+ Year Old Account
    E-Harmony probably the best, but I have never really been into one night stands or hookups, I have to get to know someone before I felt those kinds of feelings. Otherwise Hookers in Reno are legal and safer, no fuss not muss and you're out haha.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Look, I have some sympathy for men in the internet dating scene, but what the fuck am I suppose to do with hey? At least tell me your name or something, jeez.
    thing is my profile has all the basics and a description about me, I understand if someone hasnt got any info on their profile, ignore away, and fyi a lot of girl have nothing on their profile other than 'just ask' now that puts me off and just says laziness "I can't think what to write here" mmm nonsense imo it's just lazyness. a message to someone saying hey isn't the same to me its showing interest for the next step

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    E-Harmony probably the best,
    All dating sites are the same, because they all have people on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Pretty much, though hey doesn't leave much to reply to. That's why I used to go for a generic question as a conversation starter and copy paste that shit to a bunch of people. It's how I met most of my girlfriends, including the ones I met offline.
    tbh im thinking of the copy n paste jobby myself, feels wrong but if that's what it takes...

15+ Year Old Account
    thing is my profile has all the basics and a description about me, I understand if someone hasnt got any info on their profile, ignore away, and fyi a lot of girl have nothing on their profile other than 'just ask' now that puts me off and just says laziness "I can't think what to write here" mmm nonsense imo it's just lazyness. a message to someone saying hey isn't the same to me its showing interest for the next step
    I understand that. But you if you're interested in a girl, online or off, introduce yourself with your name first. It's just that easy.

I'll call a bitch a bitch whenever it's due. You sound like you're at least near that requirement yourself, which is why I get your sympathy for her.
    I actually am, which is why I told you not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    All dating sites are the same, because they all have people on them.
    E-Harmony doesn't but then I haven't tried all of them and I have only used it twice, both with moderate amount of success, most of the others SEEM to be filled with immature STD ridden individuals with no prospects, money or anything else, I could be wrong, but in general as long as those involved are actually giving something such as an investment on who they meet it seems more legit.

Good isn't cheap, Cheap isn't good, and Fast is neither cheap nor good. Something like that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you're saying you're a bitch telling me not to call another bitch a bitch? Geez... quite a special bunch here.
    There's a difference between calling myself something and calling somebody a name. Learn it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I understand that. But you if you're interested in a girl, online or off, introduce yourself with your name first. It's just that easy.

I actually am, which is why I told you not to.
    thanks for the input, still, saying "hey my name is ____" doesnt seem much more creative, but i will try that it in future messages