Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Nah, that's actually pretty lame. It's no different at all from just writing "hi".

"Do you fancy perhapy chatting" That sounds insecure as fuck. You don't ask a woman anything. You just do.
    Thankfully gay men aren't so precious so a simple greeting will suffice, if you're not physically attractive no amount of wordplay is going to make them reply so why bother

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Thankfully gay men aren't so precious so a simple greeting will suffice, if you're not physically attractive no amount of wordplay is going to make them reply so why bother
    Missing the point. Even if you are attractive, some will ignore you if your opener isn't interesting enough. See Freighter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Missing the point. Even if you are attractive, some will ignore you if your opener isn't interesting enough. See Freighter.
    I have no personal experience in this because mine is limited to men on men where physical attraction is most important for getting laid, hell you don't even have to have a full conversation. I am on one site where a simple "fancy a fuck" will gurantee you sex even without a face picture. Unfortunately I got bored of cum 'n goes by age 20 and seek something more than just one night of sex.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I was dead-set against bride price with my Thai ex-gf. She tried to pull the "you don't respect my culture" card.

I told her that until the 80s conservative folks in my country paid dowries (were the bride's family pays the groom's family) and that if she were going to insist on bride price, I would insist on a dowry, and thus we should just call it even.
    Hmmm interesting. I was in a relationship with a Thai girl but who lived in Sweden. Seems I never hear about these bride prices haha. No Asian girl wants to charge me so I guess that I should be happy
    Or they didn't take me seriously

I'm a bit against bride price even though I understand the reason why it's there. If girls parents asked me to pay a lot, and now we're talking 20.000 euros and up I'd start thinking if I really want her
    It's a bit risky in my opinion. You pay, she runs away... @bungeebungee what do you think about the risks? Are they real?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Hmmm interesting. I was in a relationship with a Thai girl but who lived in Sweden. Seems I never hear about these bride prices haha. No Asian girl wants to charge me so I guess that I should be happy
    Or they didn't take me seriously

I'm a bit against bride price even though I understand the reason why it's there. If girls parents asked me to pay a lot, and now we're talking 20.000 euros and up I'd start thinking if I really want her
    It's a bit risky in my opinion. You pay, she runs away... @bungeebungee what do you think about the risks? Are they real?
    We met at uni in the US. She was from Isaan, in the North-east. Her mother was a widow, and was diabetic, so I can understand she wanted her Mom to be taken care of. She just approached it the wrong way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry
    If girls parents asked me to pay a lot, and now we're talking 20.000 euros and up I'd start thinking if I really want her
    I gather that is part of the idea. On the other hand, face matters. Although divorce rates are climbing here too, both sides and their families have a commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry
    @lightspark is in a far better position to address things in Thailand, I'll stick to commenting on China since you've mentioned you might be heading back.

There is a scam for pretty much anything here, and there is a reason beyond high context or tradition for Chinese to want to know someone before doing business deals. Sure, marriage scams are something people are careful about because they do happen. Still, the assets aren't as liquid as they sound. People talk about the total cost, but a lot of that is in the form of real estate and a car -- both are things the government keeps a close eye on. As I've noted in other threads, fraud is a problem here and so people are maybe a bit more comfortable with government efforts to link things to real ID and to regulate transactions.

At some point, things will need to readjust, but the shortage of brides right now coincides with generally greater prosperity, and a real estate bubble. All of it together is making bride price in China go through the roof -- in some cases ten times what it was in 2013. Things will even out. There are already guys who are marrying women from SE Asia because the Chinese women are pricing themselves out of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin32
    She just approached it the wrong way.
    I get the impression that there were various problems that would have made it a difficult relationship. Oddly though, she may have felt that falling back on bride price was less embarrassing than saying her mother was diabetic and a widow. Bride price doesn't involve an admission of weakness. Mianzi takes some odd turns.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Better yet, stop using Tinder and actually talk to people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Let's also be honest, some people look sickly and unhealthy when pale.
    That's racist.

Gosh I forgot how tedious and difficult online dating is (I use dating loosely) recently decided I would hop on the train unfortunately as a gay man in Yorkshire my options are limited in what I use (Grindr and Badoo). Now I am far from conventionally attractive so naturally most will ignore me BUT damn I forgot how many messages is required for a response THEN you have to filter out the timewasters. Now perhaps it's because I am older but online dating seems more difficult now to hook meet ups! When I was 17 I used Faceparty and don't recall the difficulty...

What's your opinion?
    For me it is and it was always pretty easy, no matter are we are talking about casual se or finding real partner to date, you just need to be patient and play "big numbes" game, send same message to 20 girls, and few answers that you get, you pick one and then you can make some communication which will lead to date, one night stand or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Haha, good one didn't know that such thing exists like this "Tinda-finger"

Gosh I forgot how tedious and difficult online dating is (I use dating loosely) recently decided I would hop on the train unfortunately as a gay man in Yorkshire my options are limited in what I use (Grindr and Badoo). Now I am far from conventionally attractive so naturally most will ignore me BUT damn I forgot how many messages is required for a response THEN you have to filter out the timewasters. Now perhaps it's because I am older but online dating seems more difficult now to hook meet ups! When I was 17 I used Faceparty and don't recall the difficulty...

What's your opinion?
    'Many messages required for a response? You should become a woman, everyone message you so you have too many messages if it's not an app like tinder where you have to mutually like to message. xD

It's mostly just useless noise with people on them messaging because most just want to have sex and nothing more, occasionally there is a good man messaging you who is not just a tourist or someone who just wants to get laid.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasnt a need to necro this old thread

closing