Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Arcane is viable. If you're not concerned about the opportunity cost of not playing the top spec, then just play what you enjoy. Also mages do get priority in M+ to an extent, as do other classes who bring BL/Hero.

In any case, it's not too much effort to get concordance in all 3 specs, and as long as you have gear sets to swap between, Mage is a very flexible class. You should give Frost a try too, it's a lot of fun.

Arcane is one of the best specs in the game right now. We are godlike in M+, very strong in PvP, also we are strong in current raid tier. So if you like Arcane theme go for it

I spend 20 dollars every few weeks for raiding mats via the token, so yes imho 60 bucks it not overkill to try a new spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Arcane is one of the best specs in the game right now. We are godlike in M+, very strong in PvP, also we are strong in current raid tier. So if you like Arcane theme go for it
    I wouldn't have believed it until I ran with a few high end arcane mages recently, but they do really well in mythic+, even moreso than high end fire imho. That burst aoe is similar to pre-nerf DH, and it tracks downward slower. Not sure I like the rotation(I don't) but you can get by really well playing arcane. :P

ETA: Plus Navi is awesome.

My one complaint with Arcane is that with most specs you can reasonably expect to do like.. 80%? of your normal DPS if you're playing tired or distracted, but Arcane can and will punish you much more severely for being scatter-brained.

Actually, I have another complaint: there are a lot of really cool talents for Arcane which aren't viable, which is a shame. That's true for a lot of specs, but still, I'd like to be able to run around with Arcane Familiar without it being a significant loss.