Thread: Lfr kj

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    killed it with determination 5 how can you do less than 300k dps? (or even 200k?) Poor stats?
    It amazing how many people were doing 300k in the one I was in on my alt.

Group I was in did a one shot last night. Seems like its gonna be luck of the draw if you get a good group, there was about 4 of us carrying the dps so that wasn't an issue and no trolls during the Illidan phase. I think there was maybe 3 or 4 dead at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    It amazing how many people were doing 300k in the one I was in on my alt.
    its really not that surprising - logs have screwed the view on overall wow population performance - people see numbers like 90th percentiles of possible max dps they could do , but median of players performance would be most probably around 10-20th percentiles not 50th.

average player would be most probably really terrible at this game in eyes of this forums whichconsist mainly of hardcore wow players no matter how much they claim they are casual - if someone playes one game for nearly 15 years now he is not a f.. casual fan of game - he just plays casualy
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-08-10 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wiped more on LFR KJ than I did on H KJ with my guild.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    I've had a mix here, on my main cleared it first time on Wednesday afternoon(EU) with a group that could challenge Heroic, this evening has been a different matter, my fresh Rogue (904 ilvl) was the top ilvl in a group of 860's-870's. We had no chance and didn't even make the dark phase. To ask a <900 to survive those soaks seems an awful lot unless you have an immunity. Feels over tuned for 865? entrance to me.

AS others have said, more RNG from Blizz , this time grp ilvl and composition makes a difference.

Well, the point actually is finding people who can actually properly play this game, and LFR is not exactly the best place where you can find them.

Stuck in with a 5 determination group today.
    I think people are making this a lot harder than it has to be - on LFR soaking more than one armageddon refreshes the buff instead of stacking the buff.
    So you can use the same five or six people to get every armageddon - if you have a few ranged or healers that know what they're doing, it doesn't matter if the rest are a bunch of idiots. It also helps healers out if they're only healing the dot on six people instead of twelve.

I think it might be a bit too punishing for the general LFR mentality, although personally I think the ilvl requirement should be higher and a basic proving grounds required to sign for it. Right now you've got 10 completely useless members, a few who might not be terrible and a few who carry the entire group in every aspect. Once the few carries disappear it might turn into a painful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its really not that surprising - logs have screwed the view on overall wow population performance - people see numbers like 90th percentiles of possible max dps they could do , but median of players performance would be most probably around 10-20th percentiles not 50th.
    This is untrue.

Log percentiles don't reflect percentage of theoretical maximum dps. They reflect your performance relative to other players.

There should be just as many parses >80% as there are <20%

Going to love the nerf train the devs are going to have to roll out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I plan to do this I think lol.
    You sick bastard. I'm never ever doing LFR with you
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You sick bastard. I'm never ever doing LFR with you
    It's very fun, I do it everytime I do KJ LFR on a alt and every single time without fail, I get at least 5 victims. Sometimes half the raid, sometimes more. Depends on the IQ of the raid.

Diabolical.... I love it!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main Riversong-outland EU. We did it on 2nd attempt
    been slowly going through all my alts and its been amazing seeing
    how different groups work. One thing I've noticed as the week went on just how many people
    seem almost scared of soaking the damage, It Quickly descended into just a few of us doing it over and over
    and you can imagine the results as we went into phase 2.

When Everyone shares the soak its no problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I'm fairly sure they just won't use the fog of war mechanic again. I haven't really heard anybody say that it's a good addition as a raid mechanic, most people I've talked to hate it.
    please we need more cool interesting mechanics, but players go "URG I DUN LIKE THIS FUCK YOU BLIZZ' when overall it is good for the game.
    Like come on, we need vehicle combat back. I miss flame leviathan and loot ship, but "no i dont wanna learn a new rotation, i want my gear to matter"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

They need to fix this fight. I joined a group that is already at 7 determination stacks. People just don't do mechanics, people afk, people troll pinging, people not soaking 1-3 spots at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    They need to fix this fight. I joined a group that is already at 7 determination stacks. People just don't do mechanics, people afk, people troll pinging, people not soaking 1-3 spots at a time.
    This fight does not need to be fixed. Just deal with it. There is enough free gear that you get for doing almost nothing. If people are under performing you have two options. Leave or Motivate others to kick the bads. That's what vote kick is there for. As soon as people get out of the "It's just LFR, don't worry about it" attitude, the better. Long may KJ have mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It's very fun, I do it everytime I do KJ LFR on a alt and every single time without fail, I get at least 5 victims. Sometimes half the raid, sometimes more. Depends on the IQ of the raid.
    Lmao ya I was just teasing my buddy, but the idea is fucking hilarious. It's one if the better troll moves
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    I've had a mix here, on my main cleared it first time on Wednesday afternoon(EU) with a group that could challenge Heroic, this evening has been a different matter, my fresh Rogue (904 ilvl) was the top ilvl in a group of 860's-870's. We had no chance and didn't even make the dark phase. To ask a <900 to survive those soaks seems an awful lot unless you have an immunity. Feels over tuned for 865? entrance to me.

AS others have said, more RNG from Blizz , this time grp ilvl and composition makes a difference.
    It does seem odd that it only requires 860 for KJ. 875 would have been a better floor, but still reachable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I plan to do this I think lol.
    When you have groups that wipe 2 to 6 times just to see the dark phase nobody that stuck around normally wants to troll the group. I have done it 3 times my first group we one shot it, 2nd time I joined a group with 5 stacks and we wiped one more time and got it with 6. The worst group took 8 wipes just to phase him then wiped 2 more times capping out the fail to victory buff.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."