Ench+Alch or Alch+Herbalism

So I decided to level up a alt. Now I am looking to see what the best choice would be for gold making. My current main is Ench + JC, I don't do much on JC as I did at the start. Mostly just DE all the gear I get and make Trained Soldier enchants.

With my alt tho I am debating if I should go with Ench + Alchemy, or just ignore Enchanting on him and go straight for Alchemy + Herbalism. Not entirely sure what the route is to go for in making gold on Alchemy, is still any good? I know Enchanting is still fine. And I absolutely hate vendoring epics on my alt cause I can't disenchant them. Is it worth picking up Ench + Alchemy on the alt and just buy Herbs on the AH/Blood vendor, or will it be more profits involved if I get Alchemy with its material gathering profession?

Again I am not sure of the full profit potential Alchemy has, still doing research. But I figured I'd ask here for insight from players who are aware of the process for Alchemy and profit making.

In terms of profit, unsure, in terms of not buying flasks... I would use Herbalism.
    I have Herb/Ench on main. Herb/Alch on alt. The alt is always the one to be levelled 2nd on an expansion as it saves many pennies.

How much you raid will have an influence on how much you would buy flasks.
    Herbs at the start of an expansion are usually tasty pennies.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dedicate an alt to Herb/mining to feed your JC + Alch.

It's more efficient when farming stuff, you get a TON of bloods you can even buy more materials with.

But only if you want 3 characters of course, but for gathering you shouldn't really need to play it much, beside if you want like Felwort and Brimstone WQ etc.

If your main or main alt isnt a DH, that's a quick way to a freebie level 100.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-10 at 10:46 AM.

I made gathering alt but this is not working for me. I just dont have time to play on him so in Legion I vote herb/alch. Its better to gather while waiting in queue for some dungeons, raids, doing WQs than logging to gathering alt.

all the herbalism gathering skills are quests so you can drop herb any time and then repick it up and get the traits back. so herb/alc then if you get a bunch of epics in your bags drop herb, DE everything and pick it back up.