Insane mobility breaks the flow of PvP

It's insane how people can get from the one end of a battleground to the other in a blink nowadays. What's the point of battleground design if everyone can teleport all around it with no regard to its intended flow and obstacles?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's insane how people can get from the one end of a battleground to the other in a blink nowadays. What's the point of battleground design if everyone can teleport all around it with no regard to its intended flow and obstacles?
    Save your over exaggeration threads for the Off Topic sub-forum.

Some classes do have better mobility but it is hardly to the point of "no regard to intended flow" or however you mean.

Are you implying these classes ignore 100% intended BG obstacles or even the players themselves completely ignoring mechanics because they are able to?

it also greatly reduces the importance of positioning

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Save your over exaggeration threads for the Off Topic sub-forum.

Some classes do have better mobility but it is hardly to the point of "no regard to intended flow" or however you mean.

Are you implying these classes ignore 100% intended BG obstacles or even the players themselves completely ignoring mechanics because they are able to?
    Warrior 2x leap, monk roll and torpedo, DH glide and rush, druid stampeding roar etc. Lots of examples. Can't even stop a FC anymore because of the mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Warrior 2x leap, monk roll and torpedo, DH glide and rush, druid stampeding roar etc. Lots of examples. Can't even stop a FC anymore because of the mobility.
    After seeing the tournament I am convinced that warrior mobility needs a heavy nerf, there was a point a shaman used lock portal + wolf jump and the warrior still connected to him before he could get a single heal cast off. o.O
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Playing any sort of caster in a pvp environment is so off putting now, Kiting is practically non existent and everything is made 10x harder for us with certain melee's high mobility, ranged CC, interrupts and stuns. I actually wonder how the devs thought giving certain specs, WW, Subs, Arms/Fury - whatever the spec that has the 2x charges and 3x leaps and DH so many tools at their disposal. Just feel like a melee has no drawbacks compared to playing a caster in a pvp environment, i mean, as a caster we can't shut you down effectively as you can to us. Maybe giving casters the same amount of mobility or more stun/disarms would put things back on track.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    After seeing the tournament I am convinced that warrior mobility needs a heavy nerf, there was a point a shaman used lock portal + wolf jump and the warrior still connected to him before he could get a single heal cast off. o.O
    Why a plate wearing class that has op dmg, op survivability and op shutdown also needs to be mobile at all is beyond me. And Blizzard.

Warriors should have one charge, no more.

Mobility and stuns have gotten out of control imo. What's the point in PVP when you get obliberated in a stun chain again and again. The first stun ok but every follwoing should be reduced to 50% up to zero on the third. Then you could actualy fight back and die with honor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobility has been out of control since cata. People complained, so they kept adding more and more and more. Blame blizzard. They don't seem to understand or care what giving every class an interrupt, cc and mobility does to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Mobility has been out of control since cata. People complained, so they kept adding more and more and more. Blame blizzard. They don't seem to understand or care what giving every class an interrupt, cc and mobility does to the game.
    At least back then casters could fight back...now they are just punching bags.

They have not cared about BGS in a long long long lonnnnnnnnng time. Let alone the balance of BGS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    At least back then casters could fight back...now they are just punching bags.
    Worst part is the Rogue or Warrior that whines on the forum about a Frost Mage that could kill them... like really? There's one caster where the fight is about even (that's build around killing melee, no less, or well used to be.) and still they whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Mobility and stuns have gotten out of control imo. What's the point in PVP when you get obliberated in a stun chain again and again. The first stun ok but every follwoing should be reduced to 50% up to zero on the third. Then you could actualy fight back and die with honor!
    I think the main problem with stuns is the balance between burst damage, stun capability and defensive cooldowns.

Right now as a feral if I don't predict the stun and use bear form or SI, I am pretty much dead if I have no trinket. In the past I had a few alternatives, such as barksin, living action potion and symbiosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I disagree, you had to make lots of sacrifices to have decent mobility, although it was available, it was costly. Ferals couldn't power shift (they could use dash or stampede roar), warriors had no access to a second charge, freedoms were far more limited and dispels would dispel a single effect (they had no CD thought).

You could also play as a worgen, but then again, that was quite a compromise IMO.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-08-10 at 03:36 PM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Deleted
    I'm by no means any real good in PVP, but the simple fact that I sometimes can't even catch a DH tank or Monk/Priest combo while I'm on a mount and they are carrying the flag is telling me that there is something horribly wrong.

Also, why is it that you can use priest's leap of faith or all DH/Monk/Warry speed abilities while carrying the flag but you cannot use a warlock portal??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I disagree, you had to make lots of sacrifices to have decent mobility, although it was available, it was costly. Ferals couldn't power shift (they could use dash or stampede roar), warriors had no access to a second charge, freedoms were far more limited and dispels would dispel a single effect (they had no CD thought).

You could also play as a worgen, but then again, that was quite a compromise IMO.
    I was speaking in general, not just for melee. I'm aware of the warrior situation (I've played one since vanilla) and ferals (my arena partner has played one since vanilla), but when they decided priests should have a sprint (and later a vanish), paladins needed a sprint, monks should be able to fly across the map every 3 seconds and resto druids needed better mobility than ferals, things got stupid. As healers got every tool in the game, everyone else had their own utility added to keep up and things got more and more broken. They just never managed to fix it because they aren't willing to admit that giving healers so many tools was a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise of the Leviathan View Post
    as a caster we can't shut you down effectively as you can to us. Maybe giving casters the same amount of mobility or more stun/disarms would put things back on track.
    No.

As others have hinted at, this arms race of "your class has this tool why doesn't mine" is what has led to this mess of insane mobility and everyone having stuns and kicks.