1. #1

    Shard of the Exodar, how many heros can you get?

    So honestly I was confused on the perimeters of the legendary ring. I THINK that if a shaman pops lust, then you can pop time warp and get a second hero (that im sure of) but if another mage pops timewarp, do you get it again? as timewarp is not affected by hero debuffs?

    I know that you can pop it twice yourself, assuming that you popped timewarp in the beginning, you just wait for the cooldown to end, but besides that can timewarp just keep affecting you throughout the raid?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorttcast View Post
    as timewarp is not affected by hero debuffs?
    Timewarp, Heroism, Bloodlust, Ancient Hysteria and Drums all share debuff.

    The answer is "It depends on the fight". With the ring, the mage can get as many Time Warps as the cooldown allows. So the longer the fight, the more TWs you can fit in. Time Warps from other mages will check for Debuff before applying Buff.
    No Flying = No Playing

  3. #3
    Short version, the way the ring works is that YOUR Time Warp acts like an icy veins on 5 minutes. Therefore, if you pop TW on start, someone else lusts/heroes for you whenever you will want and then you warp again whenever the cooldown is off, you will get the 3rd lust, as you said yourself. If another mage pops TW, it will still apply the debuff and you'll have to TW for yourself later.

  4. #4
    In the best scenario you pop lust for the raid at the start. You receive no lust debuff but the rest of the raid does, and your 5 min CD starts. Then when your CD's up again (such as icy veins) you get someone to lust for you. You get your 3rd lust in if the fight is long enough (over 5 min) if lusted at the start. If your raid has multiple mages with the BL ring, then only 1 will get to benefit from this scenario.

    Usually when I pug on my mage its a less ideal version of this to fit in 3 lusts. Someone else in the raid lusts at the start. As soon as that lust ends, you lust yourself and start a 5 min CD. Then you do the 3rd lust once the 5 min CD is up. You only do this if you know the fight is going to be long enough to fit in 3 lusts (7+ minutes since 1st lust). Otherwise you just stick with 2 lusts and pop with your other CD's. Fight needs to be over 7 min long, which used to happen Heroic Avatar and KJ but kill times are getting shorter these days.

  5. #5
    I've never been able to get off 3 lusts effectively. Carry drums and you can game it in lfr, but I find that fights are usually too short to pull this off. Technically it is possible.

    The only fight I have ranked that goes over 8m is KJ normal, and during that one we save lust, plus it was a VERY early attempt.

    Conditions may be different in Mythic though.

    Easiest way to think of it, as already mentioned, your personal timewarp will always work for you if you can pop it, period, and it won't give you a debuff. It will work for others if they don't have the debuff, but it will give the debuff to others.

    I tend to use hero on pull, and then again once IV is back up w/ second pot. I try to let someone else in the raid hero at the "right" time then put my personal hero after that.

    One time, I popped drums for the guild, then did my personal hero afterwards. I lol'd, people were SOOOO offended.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-08-09 at 06:34 PM.

  6. #6
    On gul'dan u could have 4 or even 5 bls :d use your on pull, call for bl, use your bl again after 5 min, use your bl again at 10min mark, aand sometimes you could get one more.

  7. #7
    Depends on the fight but yeah 3 is optimal and some fights may even let you lust 4 times

  8. #8
    Over 9000! Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    9,090
    You all didn't understand his question. He asked whether it's possible to stack Shamans in a raid group and coordinate them so that one of the Shamans pops Heroism every 41 seconds in order to keep the Mages with rings in constant Heroism for the entire fight.

  9. #9
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    In the best scenario you pop lust for the raid at the start. You receive no lust debuff but the rest of the raid does, and your 5 min CD starts. Then when your CD's up again (such as icy veins) you get someone to lust for you. You get your 3rd lust in if the fight is long enough (over 5 min) if lusted at the start. If your raid has multiple mages with the BL ring, then only 1 will get to benefit from this scenario.

    Usually when I pug on my mage its a less ideal version of this to fit in 3 lusts. Someone else in the raid lusts at the start. As soon as that lust ends, you lust yourself and start a 5 min CD. Then you do the 3rd lust once the 5 min CD is up. You only do this if you know the fight is going to be long enough to fit in 3 lusts (7+ minutes since 1st lust). Otherwise you just stick with 2 lusts and pop with your other CD's. Fight needs to be over 7 min long, which used to happen Heroic Avatar and KJ but kill times are getting shorter these days.
    You never ever ever ever ever pop lust immediately after the original goes down. You save the 2nd lust for when CDs come back up. You're welcome
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You never ever ever ever ever pop lust immediately after the original goes down. You save the 2nd lust for when CDs come back up. You're welcome
    If u know the fight has 7+ mins then you get more out of it to use it immediately after the first "external" bl.
    External->40 sec later yours->after 5 mins and 40 wait for CDs and align them (as said above u need to be sure the fight lasts long enough)
    So you get 3 BLs instead of 2. If the fight is to short then u wait for CDs.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorttcast View Post
    So honestly I was confused on the perimeters of the legendary ring. I THINK that if a shaman pops lust, then you can pop time warp and get a second hero (that im sure of) but if another mage pops timewarp, do you get it again? as timewarp is not affected by hero debuffs?

    I know that you can pop it twice yourself, assuming that you popped timewarp in the beginning, you just wait for the cooldown to end, but besides that can timewarp just keep affecting you throughout the raid?
    Here's how the ring works: Everyone else's Bloodlust works exactly as normal. There is no change here. This also includes other mages who have the Shard-- as far as you are concerned, their Time Warp works exactly the same as it always does, and will cause Sated.

    Your Time Warp, and only your Time Warp, ignores the Sated mechanic entirely, only for you. It does not care if you are Sated, and it does not cause Sated for you. As far as your Time Warp is concerned, Sated no longer exists. It still causes Sated on other people.. but, you know, who cares about them.

  12. #12
    So to get 3 bloodlusts at full power you need

    1. The fight to be at least 7 minutes long.

    If you have drums it looks like it is pretty easy to take it from there.

    So:

    1. You lust on pull
    2. You drums when your cooldowns come back up
    3. You lust again when your lustdown is up

    If someone else with the ring, or just a rando marks you with stated early, it may necessitate changing your first lust to after initial lust goes down. IE: You've got a trigger happy shaman who always lusts 1 second before pull, meaning YOUR first lust will not be optimal(during cooldowns) and you will also add extra unneeded time to the countdown.

    Question: If you are affected by your own BL, and said shaman pops his during it, will it overwrite? If so, will it apply sated?

    I think optimal usage when attempt 3 BL may vary depending on that answer.

  13. #13
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    If u know the fight has 7+ mins then you get more out of it to use it immediately after the first "external" bl.
    External->40 sec later yours->after 5 mins and 40 wait for CDs and align them (as said above u need to be sure the fight lasts long enough)
    So you get 3 BLs instead of 2. If the fight is to short then u wait for CDs.
    No you don't. Because even under those circumstsnces, you'd get a 2nd set of cooldowns to use the other persons. This isn't debateable, you're wrong.

    Update

    I just reread your thing again, and Jesus you couldn't be more wrong. First of all, you use your own hero, not someone elses, first. The point of this is to get your own warp on CD asap, because you want it back up asap. If you have any more questions, I'm here all week
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Question: If you are affected by your own BL, and said shaman pops his during it, will it overwrite? If so, will it apply sated?
    I don't understand why everyone makes this so complicated. To answer the question you posed, yes you get fucked if you lust and then a shaman or another mage lusts. You will get the debuff and your lust will be overwritten.

    To get 3 lusts the fight hast to go on long enough as others have mentioned. You pop lust on pull. You ask for lust somewhere in the middle of the fight when your CDs are back up and you can combine them all again just like on pull. At the 5 min mark your lust is off CD and you can lust again with your own lust, which depending on health remaining on the boss may or may not get to go the full duration. That's why you want a fight to last for 5mins 40 secs at least.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    In the best scenario you pop lust for the raid at the start. You receive no lust debuff but the rest of the raid does, and your 5 min CD starts. Then when your CD's up again (such as icy veins) you get someone to lust for you. You get your 3rd lust in if the fight is long enough (over 5 min) if lusted at the start. If your raid has multiple mages with the BL ring, then only 1 will get to benefit from this scenario.

    Usually when I pug on my mage its a less ideal version of this to fit in 3 lusts. Someone else in the raid lusts at the start. As soon as that lust ends, you lust yourself and start a 5 min CD. Then you do the 3rd lust once the 5 min CD is up. You only do this if you know the fight is going to be long enough to fit in 3 lusts (7+ minutes since 1st lust). Otherwise you just stick with 2 lusts and pop with your other CD's. Fight needs to be over 7 min long, which used to happen Heroic Avatar and KJ but kill times are getting shorter these days.
    Awesome I didn't know this at all.

  16. #16
    High Overlord Roblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    197
    I wish I could get this ring and I still need the bracers. I have 5 trash legendaries, RIP!
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

    16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

  17. #17
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    I wish I could get this ring and I still need the bracers. I have 5 trash legendaries, RIP!
    Welcome to the beginning of the expansion for me. First 5 were all the non-spec specific legendaries. The time warp ring was nice, but all the other garbage wasn't
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •