Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll never get tired of the thicker skin/ignore it crowd. Sounds like something a weak person would do.

Someone strong would stand up against shitty people and show them there are consequences for being garbage people.

The normalization of shitty behavior needs to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    Probably blizzard was right at the end and forums should show real names?
    Nah, violating everyone's privacy because of some people choosing to be douchebags is and will likely remain the worst idea they've ever had.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Playerunknown bans Hatespeech in his Battleground-Game

Good luck with that.
    Seems to work with pretty much every game and game forum I go to that has a decent moderation community.

You know, like this one. Post hate speech here, I dare you. Or posting it in trade chat, haha. I watched a friend say the "n" word once in trade and the strings of "reported" following it was frightening. Was pretty much a 12 hour ban in 2 minutes.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'll never get tired of the thicker skin/ignore it crowd. Sounds like something a weak person would do.

Someone strong would stand up against shitty people and show them there are consequences for being garbage people.

Well said. It shouldn't be 'cool' to treat people like shit but in online games/communities it often is treated that way.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Isn't that what every issue voter does?
    Depends on the issue and the manor one goes about it. The religious right sure had a grand time enforcing their morality, the PC left is now in their heyday of it. It doesn't last, ever.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Sounds like terrible players can't tolerate criticism of their gaming skills.
    And it also sounds like you enjoy talking out of the wrong end of your body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

The normalization of shitty behavior has been a constant trend since the average person has begun to look up the definition and concept of "freedom" without actually heeding any mind to every other word, letter and clause in constitutional laws or other bi-laws in their area as well as being willing to spread their vitriolic "freedom" on any forum they please because they think that a freedom to speech means a freedom to platform or forum.

It's an education over normalization thing. The problem is that 99% of people on this planet have a device that can educate themselves pretty damn easily if they actually used the tool for what it is.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-08-09 at 06:20 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    In theory. In practice they don't really get punished.
    I'd say all of the people who come on here to cry about how they got banned for X is pretty clear indicator it does do something. I know you've had problems with that shit in the past, but acting like reporting people doesn't do anything makes you part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    That street goes both ways, you realize that right?

Just because you have shitty morality doesn't give you any extra protection from having other people project their opinions on you. That's called life.
    Im sure you felt that way when the religious right was telling you how to act and feel and what was and was not proper forms of social behavior.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'd say all of the people who come on here to cry about how they got banned for X is pretty clear indicator it does do something. I know you've had problems with that shit in the past, but acting like reporting people doesn't do anything makes you part of the problem.
    I've reported countless of people in Overwatch for racist hate speech, all they'll get is a mute at most which really hurts the team more than it hurts the individual, it's not even really a penalty for the individual as it doesn't matter that much to the individual that they're muted.

Bans need to happen instead of muting.

Deleted
    "Ignorance is strength" is a quote from 1984. By using this slogan, Big Brother could reign supreme, destroy the past, and build up the future on account of the ignorance of people.

The full text is this:

Ignorance is strength.
    Freedom is slavery.
    War is peace.

I dont believe that ignorance is strength. Countering lies is strength. Punishing lies is strength. Punishing those who lie and hate is strength.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-08-09 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    The problem with this stance is the subjective nature of what people consider hate speech.

If a said "50% of all crimes in the US are committed by African Americans" Someone would deem this as hate speech even though facts can't be racist. Who decides? Some leftist moderator like on MMO-C?
    1 that's false, 2 misrepresenting statistics indeed can be used to further a racist agenda. Case and point, your made up ones.

Remind me again when I can log into WoW or any game every date and throw around bigot terms in a public chat and not get suspended. You can get a 3 day just for having a name that references sexual innuendo.

If they're trying to police the voice chat... well good luck with that.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...n-3794721.html

If just every game company and gaming forum would have as much courage as PLAYERUNKNOWN. Chats in PVP games and Forums often are filled with hate speech, and often, the owners do not reallly care, often even with a purpose as a large minority of the gamers actually has a right wing bias.

I think it is a great move and an example for those that think that ignorance is strength.

What do you think?
    Does it really take courage to be against hate speech? It's a good move, but I think the reason most games don't stamp it out so hard is because it can use a lot of resources to do so - especially when it becomes a meme to spam hate speech, then you'll be banning a lot of your playerbase, so you have to consider compromises or just accept the fact that a lot of your playerbase liked "funny hate speech"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    Does it really take courage to be against hate speech?
    I think it does.

It only takes laziness to be ignorant. And not being lazy, and being willing to fight lies and hatred actively, is courageous.

Meh. Easiest solution for everyone - someone says bad words in chat; ignore and move on with your day. Nearly 0 effort involved. No mental anguish or hurt feelings

I may be especially adept at this strategy because I apply it in real life. Wife and kids love me, boss likes me enough to keep paying me. Passsed that I don't give a shit. Call me any racist or "hatefull thing and you get a big fat "meh"
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    ignore and move on with your day. Nearly 0 effort involved.
    Big brother would be proud.

You call invoking racist stereotypes "criticizing gaming skills"?

In which universe is that actually building any logical coherence?
    So only racist speech is banned? But it's still ok to say, things like "you suck and your mom is a whore?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And it also sounds like you enjoy talking out of the wrong end of your body.
    My breath smells the same either way.

Who even determines what "hate speech" means? I'm overweight, so if someone calls me fat am I supposed to throw a fit and have that person executed for hurting my feelings? How about you just grow a spine instead of crying about what someone says on the internet?

In the immortal words of Tyler, the Creator: "Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha"

Just block the person and move on.

Big brother would be proud.
    The TV show? I tried out for that once. I wasn't pretty enough.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours