Returning player question.

Been a long time since I played, so long that I forgot my account info and ended up just starting fresh account. Never got far in the original anyway. So after trying all the classes I boosted my thief to lvl 80 and started exploring.

My mastery is cap and I see I'm suppose to head to Heart of Maguuma to unlock it. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how. I'm the type that likes to try on my own first before I hit google plus exploring is really good in this game. Several hours later still nothing. So I hit the internet but all I get are bait videos. If it wasn't for the fact I'm wasting valuable mastery xp while I'm exploring and looking for entrance of HoM I would just continue taking my time and enjoying the scenery and lore.

So couple questions if you guys would,

How do I get to Heart of Maguuma?

What is the fastest way to get a couple decent pistols? "Wish the boost came with those instead of the short bow"

Is there anyway to keybind the special skills away from F1 F2... keys? (especially annoying when I play elementist.)

Will probably have a couple more to ask later, thanks for any info you guys can share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I assume you went to the Silverwastes to go to the level 80 mentor? Since you have that unlocked, it is a fairly easy trek to go to the Heart of Maguuma. But you will need to complete the first story part of HoT.

if you don't care about spoilers, here is the wiki page for that first mission https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pro...lly_to_Maguuma

You can activate it by going to your story journal (press H, the story journal is one of the tabs on your left when your hero panel comes up). After that, just follow where the green star takes you. Once you complete that whole mission, you'll be at the heart of maguuma

fastest way to get decent pistols, the trade broker

Deleted
    1) there's an entrance in the west of silverwastes, which is the place you got teleported to after using your boost (i think? at the very least it's the area where you did your trial). I think if you press H and go to living/personal story (not sure what it's called) there is a tab called Heart of Thorns (if you actually have heart of thorns purchased). You should be able to play the first episode which would ping a green star on your map. make your way there and you'll get to the maguuma jungle pretty fast after some small events.
    Once again though, you need to have purchased heart of thorns first.

2) Fastest would be to buy exotic pistols from the trading post. Exotic equipment isn't too expensive usually but for a new account you might have to do some minor farming first.

3) There is. There should be a tab called 'keybinds' in the options menu. I had my attunements bound to alt+1 through alt+4

Thanks for the reply. Trade broker is the auction right? Doubt I'd have gold to afford anything but I will take a look. Thanks again.

And yes I purchased both expansions.
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    What is the fastest way to get a couple decent pistols? "Wish the boost came with those instead of the short bow"

Is there anyway to keybind the special skills away from F1 F2... keys? (especially annoying when I play elementist.)
    The market I suppose when it comes to the pistols. Rare quality (Yellow) is not awful (altho not great either), and doesn't cost that much. Check exotic (orange) price might be worth it.

For the special abilities -> Options -> Control Options ->Profession Skill 1-5

Out of curiosity - EU or US? (or any other region)

Thanks for the reply. Trade broker is the auction right? Doubt I'd have gold to afford anything but I will take a look. Thanks again.
    yes, pretty much the same thing although there is more functionality with the trading post (not broker but it's just a name)

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a long time since I played, so long that I forgot my account info and ended up just starting fresh account. Never got far in the original anyway. So after trying all the classes I boosted my thief to lvl 80 and started exploring.

My mastery is cap and I see I'm suppose to head to Heart of Maguuma to unlock it. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how. I'm the type that likes to try on my own first before I hit google plus exploring is really good in this game. Several hours later still nothing. So I hit the internet but all I get are bait videos. If it wasn't for the fact I'm wasting valuable mastery xp while I'm exploring and looking for entrance of HoM I would just continue taking my time and enjoying the scenery and lore.

So couple questions if you guys would,

How do I get to Heart of Maguuma?

Will probably have a couple more to ask later, thanks for any info you guys can share.
    How to start HoT? Hole in the wall near yellow for in Silverwaste

Pistols - depends on what currencies your have available - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equ...ition_by_stats

Keybinds - Yes. In settings. Look for the ones that are F1, F2...etc. I don't remember what they are called.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Thanks for all the response guys. I used my second boost on a Mesmer. Was having survivability issues on the thief. will have to take the time to change the thiefs build around for survival but for now I'm loving the Mesmer. Can solo group of mobs that usually kill my thief if I fight more then one at a time. Events are a none issue with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the ranger also get to use pistols if they want, or is that something they have to "spec" into?

Here are the weapon skills for Ranger

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_ranger_skills

no pistols, sorry. For traditional ranged weapons, they use the longbow and shortbow