Need new Desktop

My laptop has been on the struggle bus lately. I'm starting to get more free time in my life and would like to start playing PuBG and WoW again. I know nothing about computers and am looking for a website that has a good build+monitor for under $1300. Looking for a one stop shop where i just click and pay instead of building anything. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    My laptop has been on the struggle bus lately. I'm starting to get more free time in my life and would like to start playing PuBG and WoW again. I know nothing about computers and am looking for a website that has a good build+monitor for under $1300. Looking for a one stop shop where i just click and pay instead of building anything. Any and all help would be appreciated!
    No one around here is a fan of pre-builts. They almost always are very lopsided systems with too much CPU Power and not enough GPU or vice versa and they usually skimp on certain parts like PSU or Motherboard, the most likely components to fail just after warranties expire. If you really do not want to learn to build it yourself, which is like playing with legos for adults and super easy, then I generally still recommend you purchase your own parts and find a local shop to put them together for you. You save money, get a more balanced system and ensure all high quality components this way.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go Dell, they deal in prebuilts, and they also provide monitors. Not sure about the prices though. Or just look for any online computer shop that offer pre-building service and they will build you a computer to your price range and liking.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

As much as this forum is against prebuilts, walmart is actually not terrible as you get walmarts return protection and a storefront to return if you need to

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CYBERPOWE...-Home/55764697
    This is overkill but you can still throw in 2 mid of the pack monitors.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER...uded/390208263

This is a cheaper end computer, and will give you money for other things for your set up (headset, mouse, keyboard, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by teamkiller View Post
    As much as this forum is against prebuilts, walmart is actually not terrible as you get walmarts return protection and a storefront to return if you need to

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CYBERPOWE...-Home/55764697
    This is overkill but you can still throw in 2 mid of the pack monitors.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER...uded/390208263

This is a cheaper end computer, and will give you money for other things for your set up (headset, mouse, keyboard, etc.)
    While neither of those look like terrible PCs, it doesn't really say what RAM, PSU or Motherboard they put in them. With the RAM it doesn't even tell you the speed. Ryzen actually benefits from higher clocked RAM, so that makes a difference. Ryzen also actually get some benefits out of Dual Channel and we don't know if that's 1x8 or 2x4. I'd be wary of them being lower quality and failing after the warranty period.

Just looking at the first one, add $30 for Windows from Kinguin and you get:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-A ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card ($444.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($60.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1013.80
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-10 13:32 EDT-0400

Just slightly less, but you know exactly the quality of what you are getting. This is why I personally am against pre-builts. Yes, if done right nowadays, they are not much more expensive than doing yourself, but the quality of the components you get is questionable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    While neither of those look like terrible PCs, it doesn't really say what RAM, PSU or Motherboard they put in them. With the RAM it doesn't even tell you the speed. Ryzen actually benefits from higher clocked RAM, so that makes a difference. Ryzen also actually get some benefits out of Dual Channel and we don't know if that's 1x8 or 2x4. I'd be wary of them being lower quality and failing after the warranty period.

Just looking at the first one, add $30 for Windows from Kinguin and you get:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-A ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card ($444.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($60.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1013.80
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-10 13:32 EDT-0400

Just slightly less, but you know exactly the quality of what you are getting. This is why I personally am against pre-builts. Yes, if done right nowadays, they are not much more expensive than doing yourself, but the quality of the components you get is questionable IMO.
    All this! Just giving that option. Building your own will always be better.

Quote Originally Posted by teamkiller View Post
    All this! Just giving that option. Building your own will always be better.
    what about a website where you pick your parts and they build it for you? Would that be a fine alternative for the OP?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    what about a website where you pick your parts and they build it for you? Would that be a fine alternative for the OP?
    Find me one that lets you choose specific PSUs, Motherboards and RAM that is not super overpriced and yes. In my, albeit limited, experience looking at pre-builts, this just does not exist. Now, I have not looked seriously at pre-builts in quite a while, so maybe this changed, but I somehow doubt it. Please, provide some sites or specific pre-builts and we can critique them and do a comparison build. I actually kind of enjoy doing that so I look forward to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Find me one that lets you choose specific PSUs, Motherboards and RAM that is not super overpriced and yes. In my, albeit limited, experience looking at pre-builts, this just does not exist. Now, I have not looked seriously at pre-builts in quite a while, so maybe this changed, but I somehow doubt it. Please, provide some sites or specific pre-builts and we can critique them and do a comparison build. I actually kind of enjoy doing that so I look forward to your response.
    idk, I mean the OP doesn't want to put one together and rather just pay the extra money so if you can select the parts yourself why not? But quick google search oh some sites are.

http://www.digitalstorm.com/
    https://www.pugetsystems.com/
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

idk, I mean the OP doesn't want to put one together and rather just pay the extra money so if you can select the parts yourself why not? But quick google search oh some sites are.

At his budget, puget is completely out of the question. just a base 7600k system with a 1050ti and 16gb is almost 1800$

Thats just nuts.

Digital storm is okish. a ryzen 1600 system with 2133hz ram, a 1050ti for 950. That's almost a $150 mark up to building it yourself.
    On top of that, it goes with slow ram speeds. At that point something like ibuypower or cybertronpc would be better. Even then the part selection gets expensive instead of using their bulk products

For Digital Storm, here are the first 3 RAM options when choosing to customize a build:
    8GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
    More Info
    16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series <br><strong>[+$79]</strong>16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
    [+$79]
    More Info
    32GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series <br><strong>[+$220]</strong>32GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
    [+$220]
    More Info
    Even clicking more info just tells you:
    Designed specifically for power users and gamers, Digital Storm Certified memory modules are a unique advantage that we offer to our customers. By working with top memory brands such as Corsair, Kingston, ADATA, and Mushkin, we’re able to purchase entire batches of memory to offer our customers the most performance per dollar. By ordering Digital Storm Certified memory, you will receive a quality name brand module that delivers outstanding reliability and performance.
    So at least I can choose a speed, but I still don't know what specific brand I am getting or if it is 1x8 or 2x4.

For the PSU you are basically limited to EVGA. There are nome much higher priced options, but realistically, EVGA is your only choice. Now EVGA is actually a pretty good brand for PSUs but they do use multiple OEMs and I can't even check the OEM on the default one I am looking at so I have no idea of the actual quality.

Motherboard they at least give you decent info on.

Overall, I guess on that front, they are not too bad, but with RAM speeds and Dual Channel actually making a difference on Ryzen, I'd prefer to know what I am getting. However, doing a matching build myself is $375 cheaper. He could buy the components himself, step up his graphic card to the next tier and pay a local shop to put it all together for him and still have extra money left over. It's s rip off, which is why I'll never recommend them.

Puget systems I have some experience with and as @teamkiller said, that's likely out of his budget range as well. Not even seeing any Ryzens as an option there either.

The choice is ultimately his obviously, but I will not recommend people go and get ripped off. As you can see from the lack of other responses, most people here will not even touch these threads because we don't like seeing people get ripped off and will not support it.