Unclear on the rules regarding leak threads

Ok, so Leak Season is upon us. General is getting multiple alleged "leaks" of the next expansion.

But I just have a weird question about something that happened that piqued my curiosity. I'm sure if I get a decent answer I'll let it go.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-of-Kul-Tiras
    (August 9)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eil-of-Shadows
    (August 9)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Reddit-source
    (May)

So why did http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...es-of-Nazjatar get zapped when potential leaks have been being discussed since May?

Did the mods decide to start zapping them today, and thus the other three I linked will get deleted, or was that one chosen specifically, and if so, why?

I'm used to Gen OT, where spastic, inconsistent enforcement of the rules is the rule of the day. I'm just curious what's going on with all these silly leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    any "leak" thread should just be closed since they are always bullshit fanfic anyway
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the policy is exactly, but I do think they need to be deleted. Its getting ridiculous. There have been like three or four "leak" threads started this week by new accounts just to troll everyone. I think they need to at least gate posting new threads behind a wait period of some kind. Its not just the leak threads either. We get a decent amount of accounts popping up to spam MMO-Champion with random garbage for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    We get a decent amount of accounts popping up to spam MMO-Champion with random garbage for various reasons.
    Ah yes, the "call so and so for black magic love spells" spam posts.

The WoD leak that was deleted was the one that ended up being accurate even though it sounded bat shit crazy.

It's probable that the deleted post is accurate and the red herrings will stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    The WoD leak that was deleted was the one that ended up being accurate even though it sounded bat shit crazy.

It's probable that it's accurate ansld the red herrings will stay open.
    The thought crossed my mind. Just as a lark I have the cached page with the leak. Gonna save it and see what comes of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmo-champ tend to close leak threads that tend to be genuine. It's not always accurate, but it's mostly the case.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    They should all be closed so nobody gets spoiled. Just wait for the official reveal.

Tziva was a good sport and posted an extra message on my closed topic about it.

Going to reply for the sake of clarity so no one reads some kind of deeper meaning in this where this is none.

The thread is here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...es-of-Nazjatar

Because the OP is a new user with very few posts, the system stuck it in the queue for manual approval to make sure it wasn't a spambot. This can happen anytime a user with less than 15 posts makes or edits a post.

Ok, that seems understandable...

But I'm on to you...

*X-Files theme plays*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just weigh in to say that posting threads as "leaks" automatically makes them suspect and more likely to get a ton of derailing and abusive posts than if they had just posted up a thread saying something like "World of Warcraft: 'Noid about the Void" [fan proposal]. Probably get a better discussion too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'll just weigh in to say that posting threads as "leaks" automatically makes them suspect and more likely to get a ton of derailing and abusive posts than if they had just posted up a thread saying something like "World of Warcraft: 'Noid about the Void" [fan proposal]. Probably get a better discussion too.
    True enough, but in that case why is the OP deleted while the rest of the posts remain? If there was an issue with abusive posts, infract the individual posters and/or close the thread. Isn't that how it's normally handled?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said in the other thread you made on this, that particular "leak" was not closed or deleted or whatever other conspiracy one might attribute to it. It got caught in the spam filter because the account that made it had only a few posts. That's it. When I cleaned out the queue, it went live again and the thread can be found in WoW General with the OP visible.

As a general rule, we don't close leak threads because people like speculating and discussing and we don't want to take a stand on what is legitimate and what is not.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |