5+ Year Old Account

Proffesions question

So I finally made up my mind and starting my journey as an archer recently which will eventually become a bard. My question is concerning professions. Several times I have run into ppl that I examine and it does not list their class but a profession for ex. Random dude lvl 70 miner, how does that work? I would figure it would still show their class somewhere. Also for a new player like myself on a new server (adamantoise) what would be the best income generating profession?

Its not proffessions like other mmos, they are none combat classes. With gear, skills and quests unique to their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    Also for a new player like myself on a new server (adamantoise) what would be the best income generating profession?
    Right now, Fisher can make a ridiculous amount of money at level cap farming/aetherical reduction on False Scad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip btw adamantoise isn't new just small population so set as a preferred server (xp bonus faster leveling and so on..actuallly may remake my alt on their)

When you change into a profession you become that "class" (miner in this case).

Also, since you can switch between any class at any time (archer, warrior, blackmage, miner, leatherworker, etc), "I figured I could see their class somewhere" doesn't work like you think it does (they don't have one particular class).

You can right click their name in certain places and select "show job status" (or something like that). That right-click option will bring up a list of all the jobs (and professions) and show what level each of those are for that particular person.

For some dumb reason it only works in certain places. I know it works from the party list. I know it works for the "search" list. I think it works from their health bar (if you right click their health bar after you select them). For some dumb reason it doesn't work from guild chat, which is where I need it the most (when someone just says "inv me" without stating their role).

Like I said, I know it works from the search list, so when I need to know someone's job(s), I type:

/sea forename <person's first name>

then I right click from that list.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-08-10 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    So I finally made up my mind and starting my journey as an archer recently which will eventually become a bard. My question is concerning professions. Several times I have run into ppl that I examine and it does not list their class but a profession for ex. Random dude lvl 70 miner, how does that work? I would figure it would still show their class somewhere. Also for a new player like myself on a new server (adamantoise) what would be the best income generating profession?
    You'll see them listed like that because the gathering and crafting "professions" are treated as jobs in this game, just as Disciples of War and Magic are all jobs as well. You switch to them by switching gear just like you would going from, say, archer to gladiator, only in this case it's archer to miner.

If you target someone, right click on the target frame and you should get an option for "View Search Info" or something to that effect and it will let you see all the different jobs that person has unlocked/leveled. The Examine function is mainly for checking out someone's gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all very much! I'm kickin myself in the arse for not checkin this game out prior to now. There is so much that's different from traditional mmo's, its crazy.