Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Like DPRK actually needs help

They are not afraid to trade blows and have been prepared for this scenario for decades

The us would be shredded in pieces with a civilian population totally unprepared outside of a few preppers
    Thanks. I needed to spit my water out in laughter.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan could legally intercept a North Korean missile headed towards Guam, Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera said on Thursday in remarks reported by Kyodo news service.

Onodera told a lower house of parliament committee that Japan would be allowed to hit a missile headed towards the U.S. Pacific territory if it was judged to be an existential threat to Japan, Kyodo said. This is a reiteration of the Japanese government's position.

Experts say Japan does not currently have the capability to shoot down a missile flying over its territory headed for Guam.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ja...KBN1AP055?il=0

Japan says it will shoot down any missile heading to Guam. We might get to see how good Japan's missile defenses are, I wonder if they have their own anti missile system or are using US stuff?

Would Japan be hitting the missile on lift off?

Nice to have an ally.

Missile shields are the way to go. If we make a good missile shield, Russia will have to spend trillions of dollars trying to figure out how to overwhelm the shield, money that they don't have.

Kill two birds with one stone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    No. China may arm them and Russia might fund them for no other reason than to bog the USA down in another foreign quagmire, but frankly they've got nothing to gain by going to war with the USA, at least not over N Korea. They both know N Korea is likely to go for the "genocidal maniac" route and demolish Seoul at the first moment war is declared and if they really do have functioning nuclear missiles they're reasonably likely to use them. Which is going to label them "bastards who need to die now" in about 90% of the views of the world (I find it unlikely that even Iran could see NK as allies if NK nuked someone). So it would end up being Russia, China and NK against what, the whole fucking world? Yeah, China and Russia would stand more to gain by siding with the "good guys" against their crazy little brother.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I wouldn't worry about China or Russia.

Neither is going to risk the insane amounts of $$$ siding with north Korea would cost them. China in particular is way to heavily invested in America to risk any kind of aggression.

- P

China will stay in the middle, if we fire the first shot at NK then China will defend them but if NK fires the first shot they wont step in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully nuclear war does not happen if that's so i'll lose my internet and become bored cause we all know what the fallout from a nuclear war does it ruins electronics.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

No they wouldn't. Very unlikely. Of course war is unpredictable and who knows how it will actually unfold, but as things are and have been for years now, no they absolutely wouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Hopefully nuclear war does not happen if that's so i'll lose my internet and become bored cause we all know what the fallout from a nuclear war does it ruins electronics.
    Worse even a limited nuclear war could cause a global nuclear famine.

So your weird prepper neighbors could outlast everyone.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/n...erature-2017-8

The bombs would ignite firestorms in the cities they hit, tearing through every available source of fuel — buildings, vehicles, fuel depots, vegetation, and more. These firestorms are what would make the use of these weapons in cities different from the nuclear tests of far more powerful weapons that have already occurred.

The flames would release even more energy than the bombs themselves, sending smoke into the stratosphere.
    Those black-carbon aerosols would then spread around the globe.

War won't happen, North Korea aren't idiots, they know USA is a superpower and they aren't. They won't fire the first shot, and neither will America, because China (and maybe also Russia) won't let them. Not even sure America would start a war if Russia and China didn't care.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-08-11 at 01:11 AM.

Whos chinas biggest trading partner? Oh right the US. Check where all your shit is made. They gain nothing by going to war with us. Now if we wipe out the powers that be in Nkorea china would try and step in to take over their coal industry because Nkorea exports 90% of it to china or somthing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Like DPRK actually needs help

They are not afraid to trade blows and have been prepared for this scenario for decades

The us would be shredded in pieces with a civilian population totally unprepared outside of a few preppers
    LMAO, you are super under educated of the US military might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

NTH Koreans at a pro Kim anti US rally yesterday.
    Looks like they are doing Hitler Salutes...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...d6abffbdc198bc

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    War won't happen, North Korea aren't idiots, they know USA is a superpower and they aren't. They won't fire the first shot, and neither will America, because China (and maybe also Russia) won't let them. Not even sure America would start a war if Russia and China didn't care.
    Outside of Trump's talk, the USA wouldn't go to war with a nation that actually has nuclear weapons and nothing to lose. They don't have to use them on us, for all their talk I doubt they can reach the USA, but they can reach Japan and SK. I mean, they are going to lose any war declared on them and the leadership knows it, so the thing they will do before they are stripped from power is to make it a Pyrrhic victory and take down as much around them to escalate the costs as high as they can.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Pretty much this.

The U.S. is China's largest trade partner and Russia has nothing to gain by backing NK.

China might not want to deal with the refugee crisis and have a U.S. ally next door.
    Yes, the last thing you mention is especially important. A unified Korea under US protection? Really bad for China from a military point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    NTH Koreans at a pro Kim anti US rally yesterday.
    Looks like they are doing Hitler Salutes...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...d6abffbdc198bc

How the hell are closed fists even remotely hitler salutes?