Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    AutoHotKey. Just keep the button pressed. It's not against ToS because you are pressing and keep that button pressed until you decide to stop casting Shred.
    Made my life easier for Rogue and Druid in all specs except Resto which i don't play.
    That would be absolutely against ToS, one cast per key press is what you're allowed, as far as I understand it.

Deleted
    AutoHotKey. Just keep the button pressed. It's not against ToS because you are pressing and keep that button pressed until you decide to stop casting Shred.
    Made my life easier for Rogue and Druid in all specs except Resto which i don't play.
    You play rogue wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    That would be absolutely against ToS, one cast per key press is what you're allowed, as far as I understand it.
    Hmm I did Google stuff up and apparently you are right, it's not in a gray area, more of a black greyish ) Regardless, I'm 1 year into it, no issues. I have AHK for 1 2 3 4 with 300 ms pause, which is very humanly. I still think it's bullshit because automation would be pressing it one time and casting shred 100 times. I have to keep it pressed for it to work, but Blizz decides in the end.
    Regardless, I will not risk fucking up my hand for a game, so this is my save.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You play rogue wrong
    I played Sub Rogue back in MoP with it(now I'm not playing) and BS was a good chunk of casts. Idk now, maybe today you don't need to spam it.

First, it is against TOS, they just won't do anything about it because they don't care. It is automation though and against TOS.

Secondly, you do more than shred. Don't encourage the hyperbole. You are playing the class horribly wrong if you think it can be autohotkeyed. Same goes for the rogue class. Even in MOP. All you will end up doing is wasting combo points.

Oh and...

I have AHK for 1 2 3 4 with 300 ms pause, which is very humanly
    An exact 300ms pause every time is the opposite of humanly. It is very very easy to track and ban in fact.
    Last edited by Hobbes0773; 2017-09-05 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    First, it is against TOS, they just won't do anything about it because they don't care. It is automation though and against TOS.

Secondly, you do more than shred. Don't encourage the hyperbole. You are playing the class horribly wrong if you think it can be autohotkeyed. Same goes for the rogue class. Even in MOP. All you will end up doing is wasting combo points.
    Oh and...
    An exact 300ms pause every time is the opposite of humanly. It is very very easy to track and ban in fact.
    Why do people read whatever they want is beyond me.
    If you go back one page and read what I first quoted regarding Shred, let me help you - Click Here -, you would see that I suggested AHK for that type of Shredding. I never once said you should spam Shred or BS. Where the hell did I even say I am just spamming BS/Shred and NOT doing anything else? I even said
    keep that button pressed until you decide to stop casting Shred.
    !
    Either people are deliberately getting more toxic or are just too dumb to read and comprehend.
    I just wanted to help the Shred guy by giving my insight on this. My apologies...

Ow and I use AHK since I started Legion Balance and I parse more than 90% on 7/9 bosses, so yeah, if you know your class and how to play, AHK will just make your life easier and your hands hurt less.

Why do people read whatever they want is beyond me.
    If you go back one page and read what I first quoted regarding Shred, let me help you - Click Here -, you would see that I suggested AHK for that type of Shredding. I never once said you should spam Shred or BS.
    First you quote a guy that says all feral does is spam shred. Then you show the guy how to spam shred without mashing the button. Now you act incredulous because everyone thinks you feel the same way as the guy you just helped out... while not mentioning one time that you don't think that it is necessary.

That isn't everyone reading whatever they want. That's everyone getting exactly what you were saying, and you backtracking on your post after the fact.

And for the icing on the cake? I never actually even stated that you said "you should spam shred or BS" you found the implication on your own. Notice all I said was "you do more than shred. Don't encourage the hyperbole."

Now I could go on and twist my first statement and pretend I never meant the implication. All I really stated was that you encouraged the guy to make more hyperbolic statements. But I own my words and the obvious implications they come with. You should do the same. Because you know full well what your implication was with your post.

Own it.

Oh and

Either people are deliberately getting more toxic or are just too dumb to read and comprehend.
    ...a toxic sentence about how other people are toxic. You win the award for "most ironic statement in the thread". Congrats.

First you quote a guy that says all feral does is spam shred. Then you show the guy how to spam shred without mashing the button. Now you act incredulous because everyone thinks you feel the same way as the guy you just helped out... while not mentioning one time that you don't think that it is necessary.

That isn't everyone reading whatever they want. That's everyone getting exactly what you were saying, and you backtracking on your post after the fact.

And for the icing on the cake? I never actually even stated that you said "you should spam shred or BS" you found the implication on your own. Notice all I said was "you do more than shred. Don't encourage the hyperbole."

Now I could go on and twist my first statement and pretend I never meant the implication. All I really stated was that you encouraged the guy to make more hyperbolic statements. But I own my words and the obvious implications they come with. You should do the same. Because you know full well what your implication was with your post.

Own it.

Oh and

...a toxic sentence about how other people are toxic. You win the award for "most ironic statement in the thread". Congrats.
    It was an exaggeration, but not much, once every 5 or so (depending on crits) shreds you FB...due to the length of bleeds on the target now you basically *do* just spam the shit out of shred, especially in Incarn.

Go and look at logs, look at the 25% or so of total damage being shred and total shred casts.

It was an exaggeration, but not much, once every 5 or so (depending on crits) shreds you FB...due to the length of bleeds on the target now you basically *do* just spam the shit out of shred, especially in Incarn.

Go and look at logs, look at the 25% or so of total damage being shred and total shred casts.
    I play the spec. I know how often we spam shred. It is quite an exaggeration. No one is going to damage their hands and needs AHK to survive.

I play the spec. I know how often we spam shred. It is quite an exaggeration. No one is going to damage their hands and needs AHK to survive.
    "It is quite an exaggeration" it is an exaggeration, but not "quite an exaggeration" - if you want to do the best dps the spec can possibly do, you're spamming the shit out of the next spell to queue it up, as I said...shred should be around 25% of our damage now, which means it is important not to miss several casts over the course of a fight due to slow casts. During incarnation you need to spam it, and heroism.

Logs?
    Last edited by Thorim; 2017-09-06 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Spamming shred" is a little bit deceptive to say because that's not actually the problem. You don't actually spam Shred or use Shred that much differently. Without JW Rake lasts longer, for sure, so yes you end up swapping a few Rake casts for Shred casts. However you still Shred up to 4-5 combo points before using a different ability (Rake or a finisher). That hasn't changed.

The real problem is that with Incarnation being the go-to you have too much damn energy at times so a large chunk of the gameplay feels spammy. So I would agree that it is "quite an exaggeration" to say the spec spams Shred and that it's hyperbole. The idea of using an AHK script for Shred is ridiculous tbh.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is a significant buffer on inputs for abilities. I can press a button before the ability is off cooldown, as long as it is within a couple of tenths of a second or so, and it will fire once it is done. It is not hard to get near perfect spam on a filler ability without aid from some kind of automation, and due to filler being on the lower end of the dps spectrum, it is unlikely to be a significant amount of damage lost by not hitting it perfect every time.

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    Loving my druid now. Having brutal slash builds actually be viable on add fights is a thing of beauty. Incarnation also being viable feels great because you're not spending an entire fight doing catch up damage and cursing the fact the boss died too soon.
    Yes you are, because Incarnation relies much more on kill time lining up with it than non-Incarnation builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MookieRah View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is a significant buffer on inputs for abilities. I can press a button before the ability is off cooldown, as long as it is within a couple of tenths of a second or so, and it will fire once it is done. It is not hard to get near perfect spam on a filler ability without aid from some kind of automation, and due to filler being on the lower end of the dps spectrum, it is unlikely to be a significant amount of damage lost by not hitting it perfect every time.
    Yes, you can queue up abilities(and change the queue window if you want).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

"It is quite an exaggeration" it is an exaggeration, but not "quite an exaggeration" - if you want to do the best dps the spec can possibly do, you're spamming the shit out of the next spell to queue it up, as I said...shred should be around 25% of our damage now, which means it is important not to miss several casts over the course of a fight due to slow casts. During incarnation you need to spam it, and heroism.

Logs?
    This is not how energy specs work. The only time you can "miss a cast" is during incarnation.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes you are, because Incarnation relies much more on kill time lining up with it than non-Incarnation builds.
    Yup. Nothing worse than a boss on farm dying right before Incarn pops and missing out on a buffed execute phase.

Why would you be using Incarnation on farm bosses that die in 3 mins or less.