Question Seeking Help for Holy

Hey everyone,

I had not touched Holy since MoP; in the beginning of Legion, I did fiddle a bit with it, but I just could not wrap my head around it. Now I am trying again, slowly getting into my rotation and cooldowns. However, I am afraid I might be doing things wrong.

Last night I did KJ on LFR and healed as per what the guides I have read suggest (mainly Icy Veins), which has FoL/HoL at the center of the rotation and as a filler. LotM is only recommended for movement, as it is an instant cast. The thing is, there was another paladin topping the healing meters with virtually 0 overhealing. I was checking Recount and 25% of his heals were LotM; then HS and LoD. But this guy had cast virtually no FoL/HoL at all. I got puzzled by it, as this involves and altogether different playstyle from the one I am trying to learn.

So, in a nutshell: would someone care to explain, and kindly suggest the best current rotation (or source for it)?

Thank you in advance!

Deleted
    Might of been using the lego cloak which procs LotM buff after LoD. Does seem very strange not using FoL but what he did is possible.
    You say he was topping the meters with no over heal, what kind of HPS was it as I do not imaging this would work or heroic or even normal.

This was lfr and there isn't very much to heal. Using lotm is just for snapshot heal, as casting costs to much time (6 healer in lfr, there are many instants/hots). In norm/hero he would use more FoL for tankhealing and less snapshot with LotM. Just lazy casting and wanting to top the meter by LotM everything.
    I'd say, that this is the reason, but I could be completely wrong, as I don't know him.

I've been using maraads/ilterendi for a while now, and lotm still isn't cast very much, beacon and fol are still the top two healing for the fight. He was just spamming lotm to snipe, and got away with it because there's no damage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Deleted
    I dunno what you're doing but my beacon is never in the top 2 ever. Also anyone can get away with spamming LoTM in LFR there is so little damage its easy to just spam it knowing one of the other 5 healers will keep you alive. Its pretty cheesy.

I think it's from t20 4pc and steady 5charge lotm sending 1 mill to each tank
    Last edited by SpekkioMoW; 2017-08-11 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong person

10+ Year Old Account
    Maraad's + 4p T20 + not a lot of damage going out in general

LotM is great in that situation.
    In general though, for anything above LFR, LotM really isn't used much, if at all. Most of the time I even forget I have it, even in some situations where it might actually save a life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    I dunno what you're doing but my beacon is never in the top 2 ever.
    quit spamming your tanks

Thank you very much for your replies! I feel better now (still a lot of work to do on my side) knowing it was just a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    I dunno what you're doing but my beacon is never in the top 2 ever.
    #1 paladin on Harjatan
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=4

#2 paladin on Harjatan
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=1

#11 paladin on Harjatan
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=16

#1 paladin on KJ (myth)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=8

#1 paladin on KJ (hc)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ing&source=259

Deleted
    Thats a nice amount of Beacon healing. I dont use the 4 set ToS set though I use Mythic Titanforged NH gear. I prefer the 2 and 4 set from this set.
    Not that I think you're wrong but my method seems to work fine. I get a lot of procs from my legendary ring meaning I can use holy shock quite often meaning 2 big FoLs all the time. My ideal is better to have 2 large FOLs frequently rather then a trickle heal from beacon. I find the damage in ToS is always huge chunks of damage and as such beacon couldnt manage to keep 2 tanks alive with just this.

Also my beacon is normally about 3rd so its not like im saying it does no healing at all :P

Deleted
    beacon goes up by 4p t20 a lot in both healing and overhealing. again i read a thread where i have a feel for negative lotm vibes. it may be correct that it ain't the weapon of choice but with maraads you have a strong healing option. personally i don't want to miss it. imo this whole tier is about LoD and utilizing it as much as possible works out really great. i just raid heroic since I'm guildless and I'm topping meters every heroic raid i run recently.

Deleted
    with t19 you'd still have beacon #1 on most fights

quit spamming your tanks