Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It seems like Shadow is the only class that is still held back by the Hybrid Tax. We have to talent into our AoE, and even then, it's mediocre compared to other classes. Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Rogue, Druid....all of them have really good, BASELINE, AoE spells/abilities. Why not Shadow? Why is Shadow constantly treated like shit expansion after expansion?

how about if they changed SWain. instead when cast on a target it does instant damage, and instead of the dot part, it summons a non targetable tentacle that channels a non slowing flay to the target and all within 10 yards of target, until pain ends/mob dies.

more mobs with pain = more tentacles aoeing. and we can stil cast other spells and aoe at the same time.

I really hope they will rebalance shadow AOE after mythic+ invitational results. Shadow(and whole priest class tbh) is just way out of the 5-man league.
    Mb they could add more talents to make Mind Sear great again, so channeling MF for full duration for AOE could have more sense, or talents to make DOTs spread.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Move Shadow Crash to baseline, speed up the projectile, have it apply Shadow Word: Pain to every target hit, Mind Flay critical strikes (including Mind Flay cleave damage crits) reduce the CD by half a second.
    Definitely this.

Honestly making Psychic Link baseline or at least moving it to the normal talent tree instead of the Honor tree sounds like the best idea to me and I'm surprised only two people in this thread have mentioned it! Of course, at the same time as doing that Mind Sear would have to be returned to its pre-7.1.5 version or something close. That way Mind Sear can be the 'lazy' aoe meant for weak stuff and Psychic Link can be what you set up for things that live long enough to effectively use it.

That one talent that made mind sear add SWP to all targets it hits. Was a Honor talent iirc. Make that instead of Shadow Crash. That wouldn't be AoE actually but adding dots easy without needing like 10 GCDs for a group of mobs.

Deleted
    We lack a burst aoe on large packs of mobs that survive less than 10s.
    Any spell/buff we would receive on packs of this type should not just be linked to spreading dots. As our dots don't really do anything until we have been in voidform for 30s.

I would like to see the soul of the high priest ring giving shadow crash as baseline.

Then to have crashes travel time reduced, and have it apply swp on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    We lack a burst aoe on large packs of mobs that survive less than 10s.
    Any spell/buff we would receive on packs of this type should not just be linked to spreading dots. As our dots don't really do anything until we have been in voidform for 30s.

I would like to see the soul of the high priest ring giving shadow crash as baseline.

Then to have crashes travel time reduced, and have it apply swp on impact.
    Could probably just give us Shadow Crash baseline without it being tied to a legendary and do a slight reducion to the damage modifier. Since release it has just been a talent you never take, which is kinda sad.

Deleted
    I vote for Shadow Crash baseline. Awesome spell. Shorter missile time would be good aswell. Doesn't need any DoT interaction so it would be purely burst aoe and be treated as burst for dmg tuning. Delete Mind Sear.

I think faster dot spreading is must for M+ dungeos like Misery or Twins ring but that should not have anything to do with our burst aoe abilities.

Deleted
    Just give us Halo back again. Make it powerful and with 1min CD if that what it takes to balance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see shadow crash become baseline and leave behind an AOE, that spread one of your dots every time it ticked for half or 1/4 of the duration. With 2-3 characters dotted, you could pretty much keep a large group dotted throughout.

But yeah, we are in need of AOE right now. If i face 100 small creatures with low enough HP to be insta killed by Shadow World Pain, i would just run, because i would never be able to kill them xD Especially when shadow crash is not a talent, that is widely usefull.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Would love to see shadow crash become baseline and leave behind an AOE, that spread one of your dots every time it ticked for half or 1/4 of the duration. With 2-3 characters dotted, you could pretty much keep a large group dotted throughout.

But yeah, we are in need of AOE right now. If i face 100 small creatures with low enough HP to be insta killed by Shadow World Pain, i would just run, because i would never be able to kill them xD Especially when shadow crash is not a talent, that is widely usefull.
    I found a solution. When im farming transmog, ill do that in healer spec for Halo. That in other hand, is super epic.

But yes, it got me worried that when I recently started off as SP, that we have a problem with low HP mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I found a solution. When im farming transmog, ill do that in healer spec for Halo. That in other hand, is super epic.

But yes, it got me worried that when I recently started off as SP, that we have a problem with low HP mobs.
    The first thing is that when you pull like 8-12 small minions and use SWP+MF on one target and it dies before the other small ones are dead. Because then there is nothing to do but just doing mass SWP
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Spreading Panic: Each tick of Mind Flay now spreads your dots on one target to a random mob hit by the Mind Sear effect.

or

Heart of the Void: Void Eruption gains Void Bolt's cast time, cooldown, and insanity generation and then replaces Void Bolt.

or

Contagious Panic: Finishing a fully-channeled Mind Flay cast while a target is afflicted by Mind Bomb causes all targets within 8yds to be afflicted with SW:P and VT.

or

Encroaching Tendrils: Tendrils created by Mind Flay now gain a specialization from Encroaching buffs. You may only have one Encroaching buff at a time.
    Encroaching Upon The Blood: Casting Vampiric Touch causes you to gain Encroaching Upon The Blood for 15s, causing your next Void Tendril spawned by Mind Flay to cast SW:P or VT on enemies that do not have the debuffs. Acts as normal if it cannot find a target without a DoT.
    Encroaching Upon The Mind: Casting Mind Bomb causes you to gain Encroaching Upon The Mind for 15s, causing your next Void Tendril spawned by Mind Flay to spawn in melee range of the target and wrap itself around the victim, rooting it for 10s. This root is not broken by damage.
    Encroaching Upon The Rush: Casting Void Torrent causes you to gain Encroaching Upon The Rush for 15s, causing your next Void Tendril spawned by Mind Flay to generate 15 insanity per second for you while it is channeling.
    Encroaching Upon The Shadows: Casting Dispersion causes you to gain Encroaching Upon The Shadows for 15s, causing your next Void Tendril spawned by Mind Flay to throw Shadow Crashes at its target.
    Encroaching Upon Your Shadow: Casting Fade causes you to gain Encroaching Upon Your Shadow for 15s, causing your next Void Tendril spawned by Mind Flay to act as normal, but it is bound to your soul and will take damage for you.
    Encroaching Upon Life: Casting Shadow Mend causes you to gain Encroaching Upon Life for 15s, causing your next Void Tendril spawned by Mind Flay to cast Shadow Mend on injured allies within 40 yds of it. Acts as normal if it cannot find an injured ally.
    Last edited by twibird; 2017-10-13 at 06:11 PM.

I think good Spriest AoE would be to take the original Twin's Painful Touch effect (Mind Sear spreads SW: Pain) and make it baseline. Mind sear also needs to a) have its damage buffed considerably and b) become a separate spell again, because the passive causes overpulling CONSTANTLY while leveling or at low gears levels and makes SPriest frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Move Shadow Crash to baseline, speed up the projectile, have it apply Shadow Word: Pain to every target hit, Mind Flay critical strikes (including Mind Flay cleave damage crits) reduce the CD by half a second.
    Shadow Crash's problem was that it was a great boss ability because if you paid attention you could avoid getting hit but if you didn't you basically died. As a player ability, it's too fucking slow to be useful and should simply be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Following this, "Mind Crush". Removes DoTs applied in this way, and deals damage based on the number of DoTs removed in this way.
    You mean essentially a copy of the Affliction Warlock pvp talent Soulshatter?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You mean essentially a copy of the Affliction Warlock pvp talent Soulshatter?
    Wasn't aware of Soulshatter, but some key differences:

- Anything you do to the target of the Mind Meld is replicated to nearby hostiles - including Mind Crush. (Important.) [Fun to Meld: Mind Control.]
    - Soulshatter removes *all* DoTs within *moderate* remove range, Crush removes *only* DoTs applied by Meld with *higher* remove range.
    - Soulshatter grants *major resource and secondary stat*, Crush is *just damage*.
    - Soulshatter hits up to *five targets*, Crush would hit *all Melded targets*.

We just need to be able to make reliable use of Mind Sear on swarms of low hp targets like imps.
    Just give us something that can act as a catalyst for Mind Sear without requiring a hostile target.
    We don't even need an extra ability.

Anchored Mind:
    "When an enemy affected by your Shadow Word: Pain is killed, its mind is anchored to the void realm for 8 seconds."

Mind Sear:
    When Mind Flay deals damage, if the target is afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain or is an Anchored Mind, it deals (40% of Spell power) damage to all nearby targets.

That way if a target dies too fast, you can still use it as a tool for Mind Sear.
    Last edited by Powell; 2017-10-23 at 11:09 AM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Power Word: Shame, 40yd Range, Channelled 10min cooldown.
    Ring a bell continuously placing shame on your target making them vulnerable, whilst vulnerable all targets within a 15yd range receive 15% increased damage (Based on HP) from emotes and yells, stacking up to 10. Cast this again at 10 stacks to become, Full of shame, increasing the limit you can shame targets to 30yds, and increasing damage taken by a further 20%

Black Void - Similar to Mind Bomb/lock talent. Instant cast, 30 secs CD, after 2 sec, target's mind explodes creating a Black Hole. Does Explosion + Splash Damage. Leaves behind a Black Hole (Giant Sphere of Insanity) that does pulsing damage, targets closer to the center take more damage. Targets affected by DOTS take increased damage.

Also have a talent row specifically for AOE - Halo, Shadow Crash, & Mind Sear (sexier buffer version obviously)

Deleted
    Singularity (45sec CD?) (30yd AOE) - Pulls mobs towards the centre slowing their movement and draining their sanity, increasing your insanity generation by # per mob, Any Dot applied is automatically placed on all mobs within the circle. While Singularity is up Mind Sear(Now Baseline) is now channeled directly from the caster, mobs inside now pulse (#)percent of applied dot damage from each mob. (Sustained AOE)

Void Form mode: Quantum Singularity (50 Insanity Cost) (5yd AOE) Collapse a Singularity with all mobs inside dealing x amount of damage (Burst AOE)

This would both provide ease of cleave outside of Blood DK mob gathering as new Utility for the class and add to the flavour that has started since Legion. Visually this would look quite like those black holes that seem to be eating away at Mac'aree.

I honestly feel that they will build more upon Void theme and this would reward good use and preplanning the singularity in an area where mobs spawn from. They get sucked in and you enter void form and detonate.