Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There's no accountability in the online age so people can be dicks without consequence. I know it sucks but sadly there's nothing you can do.
    Honestly I'm surprised I haven't been randomly kicked from 5mans or lfr or whatever for months haha.

Expect it to happen, and be grateful it doesn't happen every run.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    ermm like i said in earlier posts we ARE ALLOWED to dp what we want at work as long as work is done,
    You could have just skipped that part in the OP as it's completely irrelevant to the story of the pug, and now 3/4 of the replies focus on the "play at work" part instead of the merit, which is state of pugs or what you could have possibly done wrong. Now the baby is spilt though. Reminds me of that other thread where someone posted about helping his female guildie with low warrior dps and 3/4 of the replies concentrated on "uuuh you want that pussay" instead of how to improve as dps warrior...

On topic, if you search the forums you'd probably find a few threads about "strangest / dumbest reasons you've been kicked from a pug", so yeah, don't get it under your skin.

"Unjust" kicks from pugs were always the problem, and one Blizzard couldn't solve, so they only thing they did was alleviate negative consequences for being kicked, things like per-boss loot lockout instead of raid id and forced personal loot. Oh, and flex raid size. You know how much it sucked in wotlk being kicked mid raid because you were a spare pug a guild picked from trade to fill the last spot, you didn't do anything wrong but a late guildie of theirs came online? Bye bye your spot and your raid lockout for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Personal attacks aside: if you're payed to do work, then work. If you want to play games, do that on your own dime and time. Don't be that guy who is nothing but a dead weight.
    I can't count the number of times I've been paid to sit and play WoW (or some other game) because I was waiting for something or I was just on hand in case something went wrong. It happens a lot in the IT world. As I said, maybe you'll be paid for your knowledge at some point and experience this too instead of doing menial labor. The assertion that he was shirking responsibility by playing WoW is presumptuous and naive in the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Are you fucking retarded?
    Nah, I'm just someone who has been paid to be on hand in case of an emergency and has played WoW, read, slept, and in general entertained myself however I wanted to while on the clock. Because that's what I was paid to do. It might be tough to grasp if all you've ever worked is customer service or menial labor so I understand your confusion.
    Last edited by niil945; 2017-08-13 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    most common reasons ive seen:
    -just kicking the lowest x dps no matter what for "hard" fights
    -cleaning up the group to x people to get less soak pools
    -kicking "bad" classes for the fight
    -leader doesn't want to do KJ cause he fears wipes, but instead of leaving he disbands the group

As title,

was at work - got in a group ready at Goroth ( Normal Raid )
    Single Shot kills and no wipes or silly deaths

All the way up to Kil-Jaedean and say the screen where if i dont move my ass i will be teleported to grave

im like WTF was i kicked for, no stupidity, no deaths - decent DPS and just kicked,

Really has pissed me off - as i was at work and thought wow a good clean run, and this shit happened,

WHY WHY WHY do some raid leaders do this ???? Are they just sad little annoying tards ??
    Maybe your boss was the raid leader and he discovered you were playing after avatar because he wanted a pepsi can from the vending machine, resulting in him kicking you from group to resume your actual job you little lazy ass? :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    "decent DPS" probably means 500k, I'd imagine?

I'm sure there was a reason. You just weren't aware of it.
    Then they should FUCKING SAY SOMETHING. Quit defending asshole behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell were you raiding at work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Maybe your boss was raiding as well, and didn't like you played instead of doing your job. In this case particluar, it was a good thing you were kicked from the group. Play on your own time, not while at work.
    So salty haha.

As others have mentioned, this happens plenty in the IT world and other industries.

I am in a similar position manning an emergency response line for my local council, long as I answer the phone (if it rings) they don't care what I do to entertain myself.
    Last edited by mmoc3ba5f2479e; 2017-08-14 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    It's a video game.
    How is that an excuse to drop any shreds of human decency? I know it's "common" over the internet doesn't mean it's justified.

cheers - my job is IT Security and i can do what i like at work as long as the work is done, a very good flexible company
    Which company? Cause if I ever turn black hat, I know where to start looking.

Do not call it "work" when you are playing videogames there. It is crime against the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Which company? Cause if I ever turn black hat, I know where to start looking.
    Gonna take a shot in the dark and say HBO.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    not revealing where i work - cos you all might wanna work here we are in Cambridge UK,

and no no no my boss or co worker was NOT playing in the same group at the time,

i just LOL at all those whinging about me playing wow at work - ahhh jealous little snowflakes !!!

Deleted
    ahhh jealous little snowflakes !!!
    If this was on the street, many of these people would probably bash your teeth in.

Random thought... just ask the raid leader why s/he kicked you? How would anyone at mmo-c know the reason ;-)

I was in one where the RL was obviously putting people in for specific gear. Dumb ass booted his top 3 DPS, including a player from top Mythic raiding guild. Which when I stated "you just booted a player from a top 50 US raiding guild" got me booted too.

So sometimes it is all about stacking deck for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Some friend of theirs wanted to join or you didn't do 10 mill dps as they would of liked.
    I got replaced from my own guild's raid at KJ for "progress". I died once in 6 wipes, soaked non stop and did 900k+ dps as trial. Of course we wiped because of others all the time. Got replaced with core raiders that did 700k dps. Left guild, joined new and better one.

You can't really explain the behavior of PUG RL.
    So? Perfectly valid thing to do. You were a trial. They trial you on their "farm" content. When they got to progression boss (for them) they removed you a took on a player they are used to , a player they might have used to progress toward KJ with, a player who (unless his own performance is the issue) deserves to be there.

As a trial your "rights" are somewhat limited and you are supposed to prove your worth -- and that's not done within one raid.

If it had been my group I would have kept you If I had the place. However if I didn't and was forced to choose between you and a core raider, you would be out in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2017-08-16 at 04:32 PM.

some people never learn

Our guild runs Normal to help gear up alts and trial new members. It's totally optional for our raider core so we fill out with pugs. We keep the loot on personal for this part of the run so any pugs have a fair/equal chance to benefit.

Now, Kil'jaeden IS required and we switch back to ML. We normally don't keep the pugs around for this part. When we list the group we put "No KJ" in the title so any pugs should know the deal from the start, and we do explain what's happening once Avatar goes down -- but other guilds doing a similar thing might not be as organized about it.

So maybe the reason you got kicked had nothing to do with anything on your part.

Can you link logs?
    Or your character name.
    I'm really curious now, a lot of people seem to think they are doing "fine" and they deserve their raid spot, when in realize they are a waste of a spot.
    I know this because I run a lot of raids to gear my many many alts/guild alts every week for a while now, and once we get to KJ or wipe a single time to any of the late bosses, its kicking spree if you are underperforming in my eyes, and my eyes are very critical as someone who is a high end raider with very good ranking on mythic bosses on multiple characters, and a lot of people get reall REALLYy salty, I get many people with 910ilvl pulling sub 800dps in KJ and that's an instant byebye, even if its not a dps problem, I just simply have no patience for shitters that don't pull their weight, a lot of new players have this mentality that they deserve to get carried just because they pay for a sub.

Specially on HKJ, I get a lot of fake achivements linked to me, sometimes I take them just to give them a chance, and they ALWAYS disappoint.

TLTR; op is hiding something