What Is A "Moment of Glory"?

I hear people like Preach and Bellular mention that it's important that DPS specs have what is known as a "Moment of Glory". However, I never understood what they meant? Some of the specs they mention as not having any include ret paladin, Affliction locks, and Balance druids. Wait, seriously? Pulling off great DoT management or DPS tanking to save a tank aren't moments of glory? What about timing crusade with other damage buffs for insane damage? What is a Moment of Glory supposed to be? Does anyone have any idea?

First thing I think of is old enhancement shaman with windfury procs.

I disagree with Affliction locks not having a moment of glory. Sow the Seeds with Soul Flame in a heavy add fight is magnificent.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a longtime DPS player, to me, a moment of glory is that moment when you're on the burn phase, you pop every cooldown you've got, and you big-dick the boss and see huge numbers fly across your screen. It's that moment in the martial arts film where the music hits a crescendo and the hero goes on the offensive, tearing the antagonist's defenses to shreds and crushing him. It's that moment in the boss fight where people are screaming in Discord, cheering the raid on, and spell effects are exploding all around you until the boss drops or you wipe at 1%, run back in, and try it again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

My moment of glory was in Vanilla when my Destro 'lock (backed up by a Shadow Priest and Moonkin) got a crit that procced Imp. Shadow Bolt then 2 more crits that caused more than 2k damage each.

Also the first time in TBC when I popped out 3 or 4 Seeds of Corruption and set them all off with a Shadowfury. THERE WAS SO MANY NUMBERS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I hear people like Preach and Bellular mention that it's important that DPS specs have what is known as a "Moment of Glory". However, I never understood what they meant? Some of the specs they mention as not having any include ret paladin, Affliction locks, and Balance druids. Wait, seriously? Pulling off great DoT management or DPS tanking to save a tank aren't moments of glory? What about timing crusade with other damage buffs for insane damage? What is a Moment of Glory supposed to be? Does anyone have any idea?
    I think the entire "Moment of Glory", or MoG, is a very personal term. If i know Bellular and Preach right, even their definition of MoG varies and does not fit on the same situations.

When i hear moment of Glory, i think about procs lining up and you feelling insanely powerfull. Its the moments where you play shadow priest, have 3 tendrils up and get to 60 stacks of Voidform. It is getting a huge concave of crits as fire mage, getting to fire pyro every 2nd cast for 35 sec. It is the moments where everything line up, where RNG favors you and you feel like the game is totally doing what you want it to. Since procs are a thing many classes have nowadays, it is a thing, that nearly every class have.
    Personally, i believe that ret paladins can get MoG with Divine Purpose, but i do agree, that you arent really getting it with the base build, especially with divine hammer.

I don't really know if every dps class needs a chance for MoGs, but i do agree that they do feel amazing and can help make some dps specs feel more empowering and less boring. But it does require alot of RNG, because you can't really create MoGs without it. You have to be able to experience Moments of Weakness to experience MoGs.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    As a longtime DPS player, to me, a moment of glory is that moment when you're on the burn phase, you pop every cooldown you've got, and you big-dick the boss and see huge numbers fly across your screen. It's that moment in the martial arts film where the music hits a crescendo and the hero goes on the offensive, tearing the antagonist's defenses to shreds and crushing him. It's that moment in the boss fight where people are screaming in Discord, cheering the raid on, and spell effects are exploding all around you until the boss drops or you wipe at 1%, run back in, and try it again.
    This right here is freaken badASS! I had no idea at all..