Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    US history book. But if you wish you can prbly google the same info.
    Which book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    A few advisers != being at war. You are getting very desperate.
    True or False. If Eisenhower hadn't gotten the US involved with helping the French and Diem in Vietnam it would have likely been over by the time Kennedy had been sworn in ?

  3. #423
    No war is exciting but a new series of M.A.S.H.? I'm down.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Which book?
    The Wars of America: From 1600 to 1900. Harper Collins. 1998.

    You can start there.
    #bluelivesmatter

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    1998.
    Ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    True or False. If Eisenhower hadn't gotten the US involved with helping the French and Diem in Vietnam it would have likely been over by the time Kennedy had been sworn in ?
    Unlikely Being one is just sending advisers which is quite common. And the other 2 sent in troops. IN fact our real regular army wasn't there till 1965. Before that we weren't really fighting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ahahahaha!
    Yea 1998. I added in all the other ones too. That was just one of the sources.
    #bluelivesmatter

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Unlikely Being one is just sending advisers which is quite common. And the other 2 sent in troops. IN fact our real regular army wasn't there till 1965. Before that we weren't really fighting.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yea 1998. I added in all the other ones too. That was just one of the sources.
    We did a whole lot more than just send "advisors" or are we just going to ignore the CIA efforts that we know about. Let's also not forget all the war supplies we sent.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...Advisory_Group
    The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of US military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces. By 1953, aid increased dramatically to $350 million to replace old military equipment owned by the French.[2]
    Kind of hard to fight a war without guns, ammo, and bombs.

  8. #428
    The Insane Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    18,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    True or False. If Eisenhower hadn't gotten the US involved with helping the French and Diem in Vietnam it would have likely been over by the time Kennedy had been sworn in ?
    It would not have had much effect. In 1960 we had a whopping 900 advisors in Nam.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    We did a whole lot more than just send "advisors" or are we just going to ignore the CIA efforts that we know about. Let's also not forget all the war supplies we sent.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...Advisory_Group


    Kind of hard to fight a war without guns, ammo, and bombs.
    Prior to 1961 US involvement was minimal and full combat troops did not come until 1965.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    We did a whole lot more than just send "advisors" or are we just going to ignore the CIA efforts that we know about. Let's also not forget all the war supplies we sent.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...Advisory_Group


    Kind of hard to fight a war without guns, ammo, and bombs.
    It's still common knowledge that Vietnam war was the legacy of Lyndon Johnson.

    As for all that you would then have to start adding little things such as use refueling and using spy planes on Saudis attacks on Yemen under President Obama. Which of course we wouldnt because U.S troops were not used in an armed battle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    We did a whole lot more than just send "advisors" or are we just going to ignore the CIA efforts that we know about. Let's also not forget all the war supplies we sent.


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...Advisory_Group


    Kind of hard to fight a war without guns, ammo, and bombs.
    Even then your link says that Harry S. Truman a democrat sent maag.

    In September 1950, US President Harry Truman sent the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) to Vietnam to assist the French in the First Indochina War. The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of US military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces. By 1953, aid increased dramatically to $350 million to replace old military equipment owned by the French.


    So you kinda failed.
    #bluelivesmatter

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It's still common knowledge that Vietnam war was the legacy of Lyndon Johnson.

    As for all that you would then have to start adding little things such as use refueling and using spy planes on Saudis attacks on Yemen under President Obama. Which of course we wouldnt because U.S troops were not used in an armed battle.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Even then your link says that Harry S. Truman a democrat sent maag.

    In September 1950, US President Harry Truman sent the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) to Vietnam to assist the French in the First Indochina War. The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of US military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces. By 1953, aid increased dramatically to $350 million to replace old military equipment owned by the French.


    So you kinda failed.


    Did you know that only under democratic presidents America has won any wars..if you count old Lincoln as current democrat?

  11. #431
    The Insane Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    18,397
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Did you know that only under democratic presidents America has won any wars..if you count old Lincoln as current democrat?
    We won GW1, GW2, and Afghanistan. The occupation however....
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Did you know that only under democratic presidents America has won any wars..if you count old Lincoln as current democrat?
    Bush Sr won Operation Desert Storm. But then we are talking about starting wars.
    #bluelivesmatter

  13. #433
    The US will not invade N Korea. This is just a attempt by the US Administration to draw attention away from its problems and obvious corruption. They just did the same with Venezuela and Iran. Expect more threats as the investigations into the US Executive branch get closer to finding something.

    Even if the US magically teleports the personnel and equipment needed for a invasion into position for a invasion they will not invade. Because
    1. It will be another quaqmire. The US is struggling in Afghanistan to keep some regions properly patrolled.
    2. N Korea has been preparing for over 50 years for the US to attack and has been observing US tactics and how to counter them.
    3. N Korea has Nuclear weaponry, artillery aimed at S Korea and if pushed into the corner will use everything it has take as many Japanese, Americans , S Koreans with them. N Korea is even rumoured to have Smallpox.

    I can also guarantee you that Xi Jinping and Putin will go out to N Korea with a Shovel and dig that country so deep below sea level that it will become Atlantis 2.0 before they let the Americans get a foothold or set up a puppet state so close to their borders.

    TLDR. Kim and Trump are screeching at each other and that will be all and both sides are using this to hide information from their populations.

  14. #434
    No, I am not really that excited about war in general, I understand they are a necessary evil but I am in no way excited about it.

  15. #435
    It's just too bad that moderators on this site and many many other internet sites are only capable of banning people and locking threads and not doing what a moderator is supposed to do which are promoting discussion and steering that discussion unto it's correct course.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-08-13 at 11:30 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

  16. #436
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    20,148
    I don't see a safe and stable future with North Korea in it.

    Shit will suck, but a nuclear North Korea will suck worse.

  17. #437
    I am Murloc! Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    5,204
    Never realized how many stupid people there are in the world (Well, I knew, I just didn't want to believe it) and then I saw pro war people on this forum and it confirmed it for me.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

  18. #438
    Merely a Setback Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Winter is here.
    Posts
    29,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    The US will not invade N Korea. This is just a attempt by the US Administration to draw attention away from its problems and obvious corruption. They just did the same with Venezuela and Iran. Expect more threats as the investigations into the US Executive branch get closer to finding something.

    Even if the US magically teleports the personnel and equipment needed for a invasion into position for a invasion they will not invade. Because
    1. It will be another quaqmire. The US is struggling in Afghanistan to keep some regions properly patrolled.
    2. N Korea has been preparing for over 50 years for the US to attack and has been observing US tactics and how to counter them.
    3. N Korea has Nuclear weaponry, artillery aimed at S Korea and if pushed into the corner will use everything it has take as many Japanese, Americans , S Koreans with them. N Korea is even rumoured to have Smallpox.

    I can also guarantee you that Xi Jinping and Putin will go out to N Korea with a Shovel and dig that country so deep below sea level that it will become Atlantis 2.0 before they let the Americans get a foothold or set up a puppet state so close to their borders.

    TLDR. Kim and Trump are screeching at each other and that will be all and both sides are using this to hide information from their populations.
    As said earlier, the US has Military bases in SKorea with active duty military living on them and the needed equipment. They also have bases in Europe and Japan (also with military personnel and equipment). Should something happen, the US is already prepared to invade.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2017-08-13 at 02:55 PM.

  19. #439
    Immortal Dukenukemx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Better part of NJ
    Posts
    7,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Never realized how many stupid people there are in the world (Well, I knew, I just didn't want to believe it) and then I saw pro war people on this forum and it confirmed it for me.
    North Korea is going to cause a war, so why wait until they attack or have better weapons? It's not like the people there are going to overthrow the government and install democracy. Just as likely as Mexico to overthrow their corrupt government.

  20. #440
    Over 9000! Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    9,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah a foreign power attacked my country. "Get over it". Right. When Red Square is mostly known for its breadlines maybe.

    I'm American. We don't get over. We get even. And Russia will be paying for this for years to come.

    Don't project your increasingly obsolete Euro-weakness on to us, especially when so many of you people, at long last, are shedding it.
    You really need to look up the definition of "attack". And it is the EU that will ultimately prevail, as the US slowly descends into chaos and goes the way of the Western Roman Empire.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •