Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Which book?
    The Wars of America: From 1600 to 1900. Harper Collins. 1998.

You can start there.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    True or False. If Eisenhower hadn't gotten the US involved with helping the French and Diem in Vietnam it would have likely been over by the time Kennedy had been sworn in ?
    Unlikely Being one is just sending advisers which is quite common. And the other 2 sent in troops. IN fact our real regular army wasn't there till 1965. Before that we weren't really fighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ahahahaha!
    Yea 1998. I added in all the other ones too. That was just one of the sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    True or False. If Eisenhower hadn't gotten the US involved with helping the French and Diem in Vietnam it would have likely been over by the time Kennedy had been sworn in ?
    It would not have had much effect. In 1960 we had a whopping 900 advisors in Nam.

- - - Updated - - -

We did a whole lot more than just send "advisors" or are we just going to ignore the CIA efforts that we know about. Let's also not forget all the war supplies we sent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...Advisory_Group

Kind of hard to fight a war without guns, ammo, and bombs.
    Prior to 1961 US involvement was minimal and full combat troops did not come until 1965.

We did a whole lot more than just send "advisors" or are we just going to ignore the CIA efforts that we know about. Let's also not forget all the war supplies we sent.

It's still common knowledge that Vietnam war was the legacy of Lyndon Johnson.

As for all that you would then have to start adding little things such as use refueling and using spy planes on Saudis attacks on Yemen under President Obama. Which of course we wouldnt because U.S troops were not used in an armed battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Even then your link says that Harry S. Truman a democrat sent maag.

In September 1950, US President Harry Truman sent the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) to Vietnam to assist the French in the First Indochina War. The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of US military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces. By 1953, aid increased dramatically to $350 million to replace old military equipment owned by the French.

So you kinda failed.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It's still common knowledge that Vietnam war was the legacy of Lyndon Johnson.

As for all that you would then have to start adding little things such as use refueling and using spy planes on Saudis attacks on Yemen under President Obama. Which of course we wouldnt because U.S troops were not used in an armed battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Even then your link says that Harry S. Truman a democrat sent maag.

In September 1950, US President Harry Truman sent the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) to Vietnam to assist the French in the First Indochina War. The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of US military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces. By 1953, aid increased dramatically to $350 million to replace old military equipment owned by the French.

So you kinda failed.

Did you know that only under democratic presidents America has won any wars..if you count old Lincoln as current democrat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Did you know that only under democratic presidents America has won any wars..if you count old Lincoln as current democrat?
    We won GW1, GW2, and Afghanistan. The occupation however....

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Bush Sr won Operation Desert Storm. But then we are talking about starting wars.

Deleted
    The US will not invade N Korea. This is just a attempt by the US Administration to draw attention away from its problems and obvious corruption. They just did the same with Venezuela and Iran. Expect more threats as the investigations into the US Executive branch get closer to finding something.

Even if the US magically teleports the personnel and equipment needed for a invasion into position for a invasion they will not invade. Because
    1. It will be another quaqmire. The US is struggling in Afghanistan to keep some regions properly patrolled.
    2. N Korea has been preparing for over 50 years for the US to attack and has been observing US tactics and how to counter them.
    3. N Korea has Nuclear weaponry, artillery aimed at S Korea and if pushed into the corner will use everything it has take as many Japanese, Americans , S Koreans with them. N Korea is even rumoured to have Smallpox.

I can also guarantee you that Xi Jinping and Putin will go out to N Korea with a Shovel and dig that country so deep below sea level that it will become Atlantis 2.0 before they let the Americans get a foothold or set up a puppet state so close to their borders.

TLDR. Kim and Trump are screeching at each other and that will be all and both sides are using this to hide information from their populations.

No, I am not really that excited about war in general, I understand they are a necessary evil but I am in no way excited about it.

It's just too bad that moderators on this site and many many other internet sites are only capable of banning people and locking threads and not doing what a moderator is supposed to do which are promoting discussion and steering that discussion unto it's correct course.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-08-13 at 11:30 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a safe and stable future with North Korea in it.

Shit will suck, but a nuclear North Korea will suck worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never realized how many stupid people there are in the world (Well, I knew, I just didn't want to believe it) and then I saw pro war people on this forum and it confirmed it for me.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Never realized how many stupid people there are in the world (Well, I knew, I just didn't want to believe it) and then I saw pro war people on this forum and it confirmed it for me.
    North Korea is going to cause a war, so why wait until they attack or have better weapons? It's not like the people there are going to overthrow the government and install democracy. Just as likely as Mexico to overthrow their corrupt government.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah a foreign power attacked my country. "Get over it". Right. When Red Square is mostly known for its breadlines maybe.

I'm American. We don't get over. We get even. And Russia will be paying for this for years to come.

Don't project your increasingly obsolete Euro-weakness on to us, especially when so many of you people, at long last, are shedding it.
    You really need to look up the definition of "attack". And it is the EU that will ultimately prevail, as the US slowly descends into chaos and goes the way of the Western Roman Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You really need to look up the definition of "attack". And it is the EU that will ultimately prevail, as the US slowly descends into chaos and goes the way of the Western Roman Empire.
    Its the EU that is losing one of its biggest parts, not the US.....

Deleted
    Psychopaths. My region has seen enough death to realize it never wants to see a war again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Won't happen. Congress has control and they aren't going to let some man-child whine and cry to distract from what's really going on; Mueller's investigation.
    you mean like Clinton did when he dropped bombs on Iraq during the Lewinsky investigation?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As said earlier, the US has Military bases in SKorea with active duty military living on them and the needed equipment. They also have bases in Europe and Japan (also with military personnel and equipment). Should something happen, the US is already prepared to invade.
    While yes, there are bases there, United States Force Korea numbers only 28500 men; considering that North Korean army numbers between 1 and 2 million in active service, that's nowhere near enough. Ferrying menpower from all bases in Japan would do a lot to alleviate the issue, but it would take several days at best. That's under the conditions where North Korea would be VERY busy shelling the area south of the DMZ and sending rockets all over South Korea, Japan and nearby Paciffic. And even after ferrying the manpower in, invading North Korea is going to be a logistical and casualty nightmare - for comparison, take a look at what Taliban is capable of doing in Afghanistan, similarly mountainous, and they lack a military structure AND the numbers North Korean military has.
    Keep also in mind, that there is a nonnegligable likelyhood of China and possibly Russia providing material support to North Korea, even if they are officially neutral. The local relationships would also be pretty severely damaged, if the US were the invading side (and no matter what we think about Russia and China, they ARE economically very important, so a conflict in Korea would be felt everywhere one way or another).

North Korea would lose EVENTUALLY, but the number of people dead after it could make it the deadliest conflict since WW2. That's without including any nuclear strikes. After that, the US would find itself in control of territory that would be completely destroyed (taking out all industry would be pretty much a given, and considering the size of armed forces involved, agriculture would be pretty much gone as well). With insurgencies to boot. And a refugee wave more or less on par the one going on in the Middle East right now. It could be expected that South Korea would end up officially in control of the territory, but it would effectivelly fall to the US to control the area and its reconstruction (as South Korea, be it an economic giant, couldn't handle recreating North Korea from scratch). That would take a few decades, too.

All in all, an actual war in North Korea would be a nightmare for a LONG time, even after an eventual declared victory.

Oh, and let's not forget that the outlook of the Baltics would be pretty bleak once the largest NATO military would be bound on the other side of the planet. And I am not counting on the few largest following to move a finger either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its the EU that is losing one of its biggest parts, not the US.....
    We are better off without the UK who thinks they're a special snowflake.