10+ Year Old Account

Angry Just a general heads up on the direction Scammers are now heading in

Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

If you give out information to a stranger calling you, then you deserve the shit storm that might follow. You have to be amazingly dense to just offer shit up to a random stranger.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Must be a land of the free willy thing only. here in europe they still try the old "hey this is Blízzard! immidiatly go to we-want-your-account.scam and log in with your details or your account gets suspended!"....

10+ Year Old Account
    People still not learnt that if Mr. Blizzard isn't in a blue box, pinging or with a blue icon, then it is fake.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Just replace Blizzard with the name Microsoft and this scam has been happening for 15 years.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing new.. Scammers have been doing that for years, just not necessarily for WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Must be a land of the free willy thing only. here in europe they still try the old "hey this is Blízzard! immidiatly go to we-want-your-account.scam and log in with your details or your account gets suspended!"....
    Well, for me it's still outnumbered by the people wanting me to confirm my banking account. They still haven't managed one with a bank i'm actually using.

Deleted
    Scammers? You mean like the ones that invite you to play a MMO with many players only to leave playing areas to turn into ghost towns where you ahve to pay fees to get what you were originally sold?

Or scammers like ones that sell a game and subscription only to try and force you to pay to win with boosts and items?

Strange person randomly calls you, pretends to be a person of authority, then asks for personal information over the phone?

This is rookie level scamming. In fact, this doesn't even fall under "scamming". This is just fishing for stupid/gullible/ignorant people.