Poll: How did you feel?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    necromancy is a branch of arcane magic
    this is old lore

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Antorus who?
    Tier 21 Raid.

We don't really know the rules governing demon respawn.

Look at how many times they retconned the Pantheron:

1. At the start, Blizzard said the Pantheon was running around elsewhere crafting worlds.
    2. Then we find out the Pantheon is dead.
    3. Then we find out the Pantheon spirits lived on and tried to reach Azeroth.
    4. Then we find out the Pantheon is alive on Argus getting corrupted.

If they can retcon the Pantheon 3 times, they can retcon demon respawn rules as many times as they like. They aren't sticking to the plot in any way.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

1. At the start, Blizzard said the Pantheon was running around elsewhere crafting worlds.

If they can retcon the Pantheon 3 times, they can retcon demon respawn rules as many times as they like. They aren't sticking to the plot in any way.
    i hate this kind of "argument" if we took this seriusly then we cant have lore discussions at all, because i can say whatever stupid thing i want, other people will call me out and i´ll answer, blizzard can change the lore and make it happen

Demons have always respawned. When they die they eventually return. The Titans figured this out during ages past, when they saw demons popping back up they had long since defeated. In that way, they are probably much like the Ancients, which eventually return.

Now we know Sargeras is respawning his armies swiftly using the energies of Argus' soul. According to a tweet from Muffinus, both these things are true. So what does that mean? Way I see it, it can mean 2 things:

1. Demons usually respawn slowly, taking centuries to return. And Sargeras is simply speeding up the process. Or;
    2. Rather than permanently dying on Argus, Sargeras is using Argus' essence to draw in the souls of demons that die on Argus, respawning demons that die on that planet, instead.

Both statements would make sense out of NPC claims that Sargeras is bringing back his armies using Argus' soul. I think it's probably the first, or I don't see why we wouldn't see Kil'jaeden again.

It was indeed revealed to us that unbeknownst to us on Azeroth, the Titans had been slain. The Titan Spirits lived on and tried to reach Azeroth, but failed to take possession of their keepers. We don't know what happened to them afterwards. But according to stuff in the raid, their spirits survived and all but one were hunted down. They are tortured till their minds are broken, in preparation of being given a new (smaller) body and serving Sargeras once more. So far, this process has only been completed for Aggramar. The other Titans remain just souls. They aren't really "alive".

I don't think we should yell "retcon!" whenever Blizzard takes up a loose lore thread and builds more on top of where it was left off. I would certainly like to know the details of what happened with the Titans after their failed merger with the Keepers. But not every addition is a retcon.

We went from 1 immediately to 3. 4 doesn't contradict 3. For that matter, for the longest time the Titans were unaccounted for. We don't even have any hard numbers on when they last visited Azeroth.

At most, you have 1 retcon there, and that's a pretty minor one. Sargeras entire origin story wouldn't work if Demons didn't resurrect naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Actually, I think the entire "demon respawn" idea to be retarded, period. So meh.
    It works better in most D&D settings. Because there demons respawn in hell if killed on prime material planes, but it also takes a lot more effort to summon even one. With the Warcraft Legion it just felt bad with the neverending armies it created needing such a major plot change in order for them to ever be a surmountable obstacle.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

When I die in game I can respawn at the graveyard, which is pretty quick. Or I can run back to my body, which takes a lot longer.

Deleted

You know that 2 and 3 were disclosed at the same time in Chronicle vol. 1 and doesn't change 1? And that 4 was factually wrong because at the beginning of 7.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Antorus is not responsible for the respawn of demons, it simply makes it far quicker.
    They left it rather ambiguous, and their response on twitter even told us as much - it's up to us to speculate: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/890417060106219520

"Turalyon says: A titan... the Legion must have harnessed the power of its soul to regenerate its armies in the Nether! If we can destroy it, the infinite army..."

He's pretty clear in what he says - the titan is being used to resurrect the demons. However, if it's the ONLY reason they resurrect is left up to speculation. Was it a retcon, or did they simply mean that his power was in addition to the latent power of demons?

Considering they ALSO retconned the fate of the titans with 7.3, I'd say there's a VERY good chance they retconned demons, and once Argus dies, so does their resurrection.

They did retcon stuff - Chronicle was ambiguous on if the titans actually died or not, as it said Norgannon's spell protected their spirit, but then it also said that the memories of the titans appeared and disappeared in an instant to the watchers, suggesting the spirits were destroyed by the watcher's own spirits. Considering, as you said, they previously said the titans were alive prior to Chronicle, it was a retcon, and there's potentially ANOTHER retcon in 7.3 depending on how you see it.

In the Eonar dialogue, it suggests that Sargeras hunted the titans spirits after their destruction (which wouldn't explain how Eonar escaped, as they were all in the same place, if anything, Aman'thul should've been the one to escape, since his spirit went into Ra while the others went to Ulduar), but Eonar was able to escape and hide until we arrived. At which point she put all her eggs in one basket (us), and revealed herself to Sargeras, leading to the Eonar encounter in Antorus where we protect her.

It's kind of ironic when you think about warcraft on how varying things can be. Pandaren were made by Mogu, but overthrew and wiped them out. We were created by the titans, but in the end, the titans needed our help in order to survive.
    Last edited by Myzou; 2017-08-13 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if it was a retcon it would be a horrible one. Why did Sargeras make Mardum? How were demons ever such a danger that two Titans needed to dedicate their lives to killing them if they could not respawn? Making it be "they normally respawns very slowly and Argus let's Sargeras make it very fast" makes sense.
    If it was a retcon, it'd make sense.

There's only Azshara and the Void Lords left to tackle in wow. In combination with N'zoth, the final old god that's still "Awake," in the azshara expansion, that gives WoW 2 more expansions.

At which point we'd be out of antagonists. Meaning Blizzard could "end" wow (no new content updates) in order to work on Warcraft 4, to introduce new lore. With no antagonists, they could focus 100-200+ years in the future, and set the stage for a WoW 2 years later, with new faction lines, a new driving force behind the war, etc.

Leaving the Burning Legion intact means that they'd always have a common enemy on Azeroth, and the faction lines would likely not splinter and reform.

Deleted
    It's fucking degusting all these people who choosed : "The story just got cheapened"... WE DON'T KNOW THE ALL STORY YET, STOP COMPLAINING AS ALWAYS !

No respect for Blizzard's work. These people feels like they are above everything...