[PvE] Blood Level 100 Talent Top Choice

I believe I read somewhere Purgatory is the main pick for raiding, is this true? Also, for M+, what would be recommended? Bone Storm being on a 1min CD is kind of blah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chance ull die to heavy hitting boss/trash=Purgatory
    No chance to be 1shot with groups of mobs, go with Bonestorm
    Blood Mirror to cheese dps on tyrannical bosses were ur not gon die, but also need some defensive help.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Chance ull die to heavy hitting boss/trash=Purgatory
    No chance to be 1shot with groups of mobs, go with Bonestorm
    Blood Mirror to cheese dps on tyrannical bosses were ur not gon die, but also need some defensive help.
    Blood mirror is also good for raid. If I'm confortable with my own survivability, I'd take blood mirror. Purgatory is kind of "meh" because you only have 3 seconds (actually less in real life) to recover from your negative hp.

Take purgatory if you're not comfortable. Can easily be the most profitable talent until you're familiar with the raid. Then take either bonestorm or blood mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonestorm does less damage and healing per RP than Death Strike, so you shouldn't take Bonestorm unless you're going to average more than 2+ targets every time you use it. It does, however, do excellent damage and healing in AoE, such as M+, Mistress Sassz'ine, Desolate Host, and Harjatan, so if you're comfortable with fight timings and know when adds will spawn, it can be your best bet.

Blood Mirror is useful for AoE and ST in terms of damage and damage reduction, and is an all-around good talent. It should be your go-to for general purpose play (unless you're worried about dying).

Purgatory is useful if you're new to a particular encounter, new to playing BDK, or any time you're worried you'll die from random spike damage that wouldn't otherwise be avoidable with Blood Mirror.
    Last edited by Tehr; 2017-08-13 at 01:43 AM.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Bonestorm does less damage and healing per RP than Death Strike, so you shouldn't take Bonestorm unless you're going to average more than 2+ targets every time you use it. It does, however, do excellent damage and healing in AoE, such as M+, Mistress Sassz'ine, Desolate Host, and Harjatan, so if you're comfortable with fight timings and know when adds will spawn, it can be your best bet.

Blood Mirror is useful for AoE and ST in terms of damage and damage reduction, and is an all-around good talent. It should be your go-to for general purpose play (unless you're worried about dying).

Purgatory is useful if you're new to a particular encounter, new to playing BDK, or any time you're worried you'll die from random spike damage that wouldn't otherwise be avoidable with Blood Mirror.
    Perfectly said, imo.
    After the buffs to Blood I pretty much ignored Purgatory. The mechanics I tend to die to are getting blown/falling off the edge of stuff, which Purgatory would be useless anyway.
    Dying to hard hits hasn't been a thing for me since Guarm, when I was speccing Anti-magic barrier.

I'll obviously run bone storm for m+ and quests. For raiding purgatory is Fantastic. I get the benefits of blood mirror but i can usually mitigate the damage alright as is. I however cannot mitigate peoples mistakes. Co-tank messes up a taunt or raid screws up a soak mechanic? I can basically negate it and prevent a wipe. My Worgen probably couldn't even count the amount of times purgatory has resulted in a kill on both his paws.

Quote Originally Posted by Morokite View Post
    I'll obviously run bone storm for m+ and quests. For raiding purgatory is Fantastic. I get the benefits of blood mirror but i can usually mitigate the damage alright as is. I however cannot mitigate peoples mistakes. Co-tank messes up a taunt or raid screws up a soak mechanic? I can basically negate it and prevent a wipe. My Worgen probably couldn't even count the amount of times purgatory has resulted in a kill on both his paws.
    TBF I'm one to ignore purgatory,but it's true that if you don't trust your teammates it can be a good safe choice

Are you dying while doing your content?
    Yes: Purgatory
    No: Bonestorm (2+ targets to hit whenever it is ready, for example m+ and add-heavy Bosses) or Blood Mirror if you can use the extra DR with small dps boost in ST
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-08-14 at 03:10 PM.

Hmmm. I formally used Bonestorm almost exclusively but now I use it more for solo content. If I raided more then I would take it with me to raids without question. Although, Bonestorm against Teeming affix is helpful as well. I mainly do Mythic+ and I feel Blood Mirror performs extremely well, it really does help wreck bosses. Depending on affixes however I feel Purgatory is still in suitable range of choice. Both have saved me and my team in various scenarios. I feel it's mainly up to what you feel is needed as others have stated already.
    Last edited by Dojjin; 2017-08-15 at 02:07 PM.

Bonestorm is terrible without repeated AoE targets,
    Blood Mirror is somewhat neglible without some degenerate tanking behaviour, ie. taking extra damage deliberately (which can be fun though),
    Purgatory... I dunno, I guess it was useful on M Spellblade during progress when boss would randomly get that +300% damage when the soul-thingy got too far?

They're kinda terrible, all in all. I'm wondering though if Purgatory can be used to soak Armageddon on KJ since our roster is currently really low on soakers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    They're kinda terrible, all in all. I'm wondering though if Purgatory can be used to soak Armageddon on KJ since our roster is currently really low on soakers?
    Purgatory is still the most consistent Talent for Progression imho. You probably can soak Armageddon and proc purg, but healing up afterwards can get pretty annoying depending on distance between Armageddon and Boss.

If you want to soak big Armageddons on KJ its way better to spec into Rune Tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Purgatory is still the most consistent Talent for Progression imho. You probably can soak Armageddon and proc purg, but healing up afterwards can get pretty annoying depending on distance between Armageddon and Boss.

If you want to soak big Armageddons on KJ its way better to spec into Rune Tap.
    Yeah Rune Tap was my plan A, just wondering if can Purg-soak them in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Yeah Rune Tap was my plan A, just wondering if can Purg-soak them in a pinch.
    Considering you'll be tanking KJ only 1 times out of 3 (because he'll also be in the air and you won't be using any DS), I'd strongly advise against it.

Welp, Rune Tap + another cooldown (like AHR) not enough. Seems like I don't have to soak since can't do it reliably (without burning 3+ cooldowns at once). gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the Rune Tap ring you can soak Armageddons with a pretty fair margin using just Rune Tap and Bone Shield. If Bone Shield has fallen off (e.g. during intermission) you need Rune Tap and Vampiric Blood.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Yeah missing bone shield was probably it but turns out we had plenty of soakers anyway.

EDIT: Well turns out with Spectral Deflection (and Rune Tap of course) BDKs can soak like motherfuckers. The reason I was getting one-shotted on Thursday was mainly trying to soak with felclaws *cough*
    Last edited by Barael; 2017-08-21 at 07:13 AM.