Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Tauren hunt and have fishing villages, so I would say no.

Aside from worgen, I'm pretty sure all of the playable races are omnivores.
    Worgen are Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.
    Its a mystery, even to villages oldest woman.

With Pandaria being discovered I would say they are the major food distribution in the world now. Cata really messed up alot of areas and the goblins poisoned the river that goes by org which is why the whole war started up full swing. The orcs were starving and the night elves were no longer trading with them.
    Forsaken also have control of hillsbrad and all the farms now. The revamp shows they are trying to take care of the land again. It would be nice to have a small tune up and add farms and small little community's all over the old world.

Hunting was a big part for some of the orc clans back on Draenor, especially the Frostwolfs where on the hunt on regular basis. Of course, they have to, in a winter area that they live in.
    I like to think that the orc diet is very diverse. Around Orgrimmar I think there are mostly animal farms since the land is very sparse, and I think there is also a lot of fishing going on in the sea, and the river.
    Besides what is growing in Durotar, I think they import a lot of vegetables and fruits. Echo Isles could have a loot of fruits, and in the areas around Durotar you can find a lot of vegetables I think.
    But mostly I think that its a gameplay thing, that we dont see a lot of farms, as already mentioned the zones are not that big and a realistic depiction of farms and food sources would probably not be possible. Then again, there are Caravans coming from around the Horde territory which is sadly not shown in game. Also, mages can conjure food, what could solve some issues, but since Garrosh had to invade Ashenvale to feed Orgrimmar, I doubt that the mage food solves anything^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    they are focused on raising animals more than growing crops
    Animals are fed with crops. Can't have one without the other. Just like in the real world where most of the crops produced worldwide are used to feed animals (which are then used as food).

Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    Worgen are Humans.
    In worgen form, they're carnivores.

Durotar is all dry and arid land, not exactly good for crops. The cataclysm wiped out many of the farms, I can see how in the comics when in negotiation before the invasion of Ashenvale they talked of the Horde's surplus of animal hides and copper. Things that they could trade for timber and plants. Cataclysm also wiped out many of the fresh water sources, which is why they were importing so much water from Mulgore. Not many places that I can envision being good farmland that aren't Night Elf havens. Now if they could do like the Drakkari did in Northrend with the irrigation on a massive scale then perhaps parts of the Barrens could be made into farmland. Maybe.

Orcs seem to have historically relied more on hunting than agriculture to sustain themselves. The only farming we've seen from them is livestock. That seems to be case for all three of the Horde races residing on Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    With Pandaria being discovered I would say they are the major food distribution in the world now. Cata really messed up alot of areas and the goblins poisoned the river that goes by org which is why the whole war started up full swing. The orcs were starving and the night elves were no longer trading with them.
    Forsaken also have control of hillsbrad and all the farms now. The revamp shows they are trying to take care of the land again. It would be nice to have a small tune up and add farms and small little community's all over the old world.
    The capability of Pandaria to produce crops depends on how quickly the Vale recovers from Y'Shaarj's corruption. It was the source of the water that allowed them to grow abnormally large, and plentiful crops.

Which part of Cataclysm demonstrated the Forsaken's desire to heal the land? In the Western Plaguelands, they douse a newly cleansed Alliance farm with their own chemicals, and at least Apothecary Dithers was exasperated that it was ever being used to grow crops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Given that we've seen farms outside of Orgrimmar, more than likely yes. I couldn't imagine orcs living off of pork alone.

EDIT: Well, they are orcs... so maybe it is just a pork diet.
    Saurfang doesn't eat pork.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In worgen form, they're carnivores.
    If they eat human meat while in worgen form does it count as cannibalism ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given orcs natural affinity for evil as well as absurd ability to repopulate, i assumed cannibalism is main form of obtaining food for them.
    There are no sources, to my knowledge, that states Orcs are cannibals.
    The only cannibalistic race, available to players, is Troll.

And what "natural affinity for evil" are you referring to? Brown/red (green can be argued) orcs are no more evil than any other player race..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There are no sources, to my knowledge, that states Orcs are cannibals.
    The only cannibalistic race, available to players, is Troll.

And what "natural affinity for evil" are you referring to? Brown/red (green can be argues) orcs are no more evil than any other player race..
    Arrashi just likes taking crazy things people have said in the past and seeing how far he can go with them.

Arrashi is super srs
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-08-12 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

In the Stormrage novels it's actually mentioned how odd a human character (I believe Rhonin) finds it when he witnesses orcish farmers tilling fields. Orcs do in fact have farms of all sorts, likely the world of Azeroth is just depicted to small to show it ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Orcs seem to have historically relied more on hunting than agriculture to sustain themselves. The only farming we've seen from them is livestock. That seems to be case for all three of the Horde races residing on Kalimdor.

The capability of Pandaria to produce crops depends on how quickly the Vale recovers from Y'Shaarj's corruption. It was the source of the water that allowed them to grow abnormally large, and plentiful crops.

Which part of Cataclysm demonstrated the Forsaken's desire to heal the land? In the Western Plaguelands, they douse a newly cleansed Alliance farm with their own chemicals, and at least Apothecary Dithers was exasperated that it was ever being used to grow crops.
    The forsaken like using the blight because it ensures the humans would leave. They expressed disappointment in south shores case that they wouldn't be able to live there now. I haven't seen anything about forsaken farms, but that would be a interesting .

The forsaken turning lordaeron into a breadbasket. Since they don't need to eat at all. They export massive amounts of grain and become the hordes main food source, or if they were malicious they could also supply grain to the alliance and create a gap between people who want lordaeron, and people who wouldn't want to invade because the food would stop coming.

End of wishful thinking/headcanon.

But yea, forsaken want to restor blighted land to live there, they use the blight as a pesticide.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-08-12 at 08:46 PM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Arrashi just likes taking crazy things people have said in the past and seeing how far he can go with them.
    That's true, but....bonechewers ? Weren't they "true" omnivores ?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true, but....bonechewers ? Weren't they "true" omnivores ?
    They prefer the term "bity orcs"

Iirc they did ritual cannibilizm of their dead.
    Holy shit lol

I doubt any sizable civilization, especially one with the capability to wage war and finance large construction projects like the orcs do, would be able to sustain itself without either an appropriately sizable base of agriculture or trade with other cultures around them that have one. We simply don't see these things in-game just like we don't see every tent, hut, and building that would be required to house everyone who lived in a city like Org.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-08-12 at 08:53 PM.

Orcs do grow crops. In Rise of the Horde Durotan and Draka discuss the implications of their crops failing, it partly motivates Durotan to bring the Frostwolfs to Hellfire Citadel and from there through the Dark Portal.

If they eat human meat while in worgen form does it count as cannibalism ?
    actually in warcraft cannibalism is eating sapient species (most of forest troll are described more as eater of humans and belfs than other trolls) and one of the typical food of stormwind is murloc. so yes, worgen would be cannibals and actually wow humans are cannibals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    actually in warcraft cannibalism is eating sapient species (most of forest troll are described more as eater of humans and belfs than other trolls) and one of the typical food of stormwind is murloc. so yes, worgen would be cannibals and actually wow humans are cannibals
    I wouldn't count murlocs to be sapient enough to count. If it can't say "don't eat me" its ok to eat it.