Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Noob warrior on talents

Hello!
    So, I'm leveling my arms warrior atm and I'm in my 90s atm.
    I'm running trauma/fervor of battle build, as I read it's viable (over at icy veins and the arms compendium). I can't see any other warrior running it though, even though it's supposed to be just a bit lower than rend/titanic might. I would like to play the specc I'll be playing at level 110, to get used to it, would trauma/fervor of battle be a really bad choice? I intend to do mythic+ and raid, maybe a BG every now and then.
    Is trauma/fervor of battle somewhat competitive single target dps?
    Thank you
    - Dip

The only reason people generally dont run fervor anymore is because it can gate your CS uptime. The talent titanic might helps your "bad luck" with getting CS resets. I would just recommend going trauma/titanic might. That build is also very viable for high level m+, mythic raiding and leveling of course.

On the other hand, if you want to play the fervor build for some reason, go ahead. There are some warriors who use it to some success, but I personally hate the fact that if i dont get a CS reset, it kills my DPS. Also I hate spamming whirlwind lol.

Deleted
    Fervor might sim the best but personally I find it playing like shit I only use it on a couple of fights that are add heavy. Since you are still leveling go with what Doubleturbo suggest. Trauma/Titanic might. Its one of the easier variations and a nice spec to get back into arms. Depending on what affixes it will also be your go to spec for M+ along with Sweeping strikes. For raids it depends what bossfight. The highest single target build is Rend/Titanic might. So that will be your go to spec there. But for leveling I wouldnt worry about rend upkeep go with Trauma instead.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for your replies!
    I will go for trauma/titanic, possibly even at 110. Sweeping strikes for m+ seems fair, is that the only change I make for m+? I don't touch fervor of battle?

Deleted
    Personally I find Arms talents very versatile atm. We have alot of options AoE or Singletarget. What talents you go with on M+ depends on what affixes and what group comp you are running. For example. When its tyrannical week you may want to go a single target build instead especially when running with AoE heavy classes. Youll still be able to help out on adds with the BC+Ravager burst. There's alot of options. I would say the Trauma/Colossal might build would be the cookie cutter build along with dauntless if thats what you are looking for.

Try out Fevor and see if you like it or not. It comes down to personal preference. If you would check out warcraftlogs you would find most if not all warriors running Either Rend/Colossal might or trauma/Colossal might depending on the fight. That will also give you some guidance on what talents work well on what bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nileria View Post
    Personally I find Arms talents very versatile atm. We have alot of options AoE or Singletarget. What talents you go with on M+ depends on what affixes and what group comp you are running. For example. When its tyrannical week you may want to go a single target build instead especially when running with AoE heavy classes. Youll still be able to help out on adds with the BC+Ravager burst. There's alot of options. I would say the Trauma/Colossal might build would be the cookie cutter build along with dauntless if thats what you are looking for.

Try out Fevor and see if you like it or not. It comes down to personal preference. If you would check out warcraftlogs you would find most if not all warriors running Either Rend/Colossal might or trauma/Colossal might depending on the fight. That will also give you some guidance on what talents work well on what bosses.
    Thank you so much for your input! I will try every speccoption out and see what I like the most, and I'll have a look at logs. Much love! Can't believe how good feedback one gets on the warrior forums compared to other classes.

Titanic might is such a huge quality of life talent that it has no reason to be a talent and should be the baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Thank you so much for your input! I will try every speccoption out and see what I like the most, and I'll have a look at logs. Much love! Can't believe how good feedback one gets on the warrior forums compared to other classes.
    Leveling, you are kind of limited in my opinion. You should pick either FoB/ Trauma or Rend/ Titanic Might, propending for the latter.
    This is simply due to the fact that while leveling you don't really have access to Shattered Defenses + Exploit the Weakness, which is the bread and butter of the whole Colossus reset + Mortal Strike buff combo.
    So it's hard to give you the build you'll play at level100, because many things are bound to change once you have the baseline 35 points in your weapon. And even then, Executioner's Precision will change once more how you play around your Execute.

By the by, I'd advise following the Arms Compendium sticky in this board rather than any other guide on the internet.

Traum/FoB is strong and good on ST. Rend/TM just gets better with gear (esp. T20) but not by ton, it's a 4% difference for me but as others said TM is better on AE where FoB dosen't help you.

Rend/TM favors the helm and ring legendaries. So if you have those, rend/TM is the way to go

Arms talents are more diverse.

Deleted
    Cheers for all the input. I'm currently running trauma/TM and I think I will at 110 aswell (104 atm heh).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Bro,

if you are not a top notch raider, Trauma/Fervor is close enough to compete with the rend/might build. So don't worry too much about it. How ever, when you are at lowish gear levels, the fervor/trauma build can feel really slow because you spend a lot of rage spamming whirlwind. The Spec I chose for leveling was sweeping strikes and Mortal Combo. Before you get your artefact traits, legendaries and set pieces, a regular MS is by far the hardest hitting spell you got pre Execute. Together with Sweeping Strikes you clear mobs stupidly fast
    Last edited by Migrin; 2017-08-18 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Confused Double Time with Mortal Combo

I'd also recommend just sitting on Sweeping strikes until you're raiding. Dauntless is only good on very long ST fights. Leveling is about speed and efficiency, cleave those mobs in twain!

7+ Year Old Account
    Go for sweeping stirkes since it's insane and you gonna be pulling tons of mobs. Shockwave is your best choice cuz AoE stun. Rend+TM and Second Wind are a must. In for the kill and OS

Deleted
    Finally 110 now! Running with sweeping strikes and it feels rly good still trauma / TM build and I'm enjoying it ^_^ Thank you so much for everyones replies!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Second wind? Really? I've not used that once in Legion is it that good for PVE?
    No. Don't know what this guy is smoking. It's good for probably one fight...sisters. And that's even assuming you can avoid unnecessary damage. Helps to heal up the embrace shield.

Other than that I'm not even sure of a single fight where damage could possibly be avoided enough to do any worthwhile healing. Defensive stance and bounding stride are generally better choices depending on the fight and your needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally 110 now! Running with sweeping strikes and it feels rly good still trauma / TM build and I'm enjoying it ^_^ Thank you so much for everyones replies!
    While Trauma is made easier and is decent for AoE, I'd personally consider giving Rend a go. At least for 1-2 target situations. Makes the spec a bit more interactive and it's a bit better for damage.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Second wind? Really? I've not used that once in Legion is it that good for PVE?
    It's insane in both PvE and PvP. In Arena it's useless. In other situtations it's insane because alot of AoE damage in Raids/Dungeons does NOT break the effect. 10/10 talent. In BGs it saves your ass if you can get away + you always fight with full hp.

Deleted
    While I'm here and were talking warriors, just got t20 2set, is it worth using? I understand it's very strong with the 4set but I don't have that yet. Afaik I shouldn't be using bladestorm on ST unless I have the 4set.
    EDIT: When i do have 4set, do i bladestorm during execute phase?
    Last edited by mmoce06fa6c78a; 2017-08-23 at 12:34 AM.

While I'm here and were talking warriors, just got t20 2set, is it worth using? I understand it's very strong with the 4set but I don't have that yet. Afaik I shouldn't be using bladestorm on ST unless I have the 4set.
    EDIT: When i do have 4set, do i bladestorm during execute phase?
    Personally, I "learned" to use Ravager properly (i.e predict placement of boss/adds, always lining up with BC and so on) and using that in Execute-phases so I can just drop it and keep my rotation... Can't go back to locked-in-spin now and I am parsing higher dmg on both ST and AoE with Ravager... Don't know what sim says tho but I'm much more confident with Ravager, especially during Execute.