Cinidaria the Symbiote

Is it normal that this legendary sims higher than the Soul of the Shadowblade or Shadow Satyr's walk? I thought this leggo was crap.

Also AskMrRobot is telling me to replace legendary shoulders with soul of the shadowblade for higher dps? This doesn't make sense at all. I thought shoulders were bis legendary.
    Last edited by Twix; 2017-08-23 at 01:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its one of the best for Sub, decent for Sin, sims alright for Outlaw with SnD but crap otherwise.

I don't use AskMrRobot so how accurate it is, I cannot say, but it sounds wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Is it normal that this legendary sims higher than the Soul of the Shadowblade or Shadow Satyr's walk? I thought this leggo was crap.

Also AskMrRobot is telling to replace legendary shoulders with soul of the shadowblade for higher dps? This doesn't make sense at all. I thought shoulders were bis shoulders.
    I am not a melee expert, I've been playing caster for 3 expansions now but I have one thing to say. Even if it's stronger than other legos due to the insane burst it gives you above 80-90% (can't remember what boss health is required for it to activate), it's not the first 10% or 20% of a boss that is giving you trouble most of the time. For that reason alone, I'd prefer a slightly weaker legendary, which could give me a good dps advantage spread more evenly across the boss' phases. But that's my opinion and someone more knowledgeable on the matter can just correct me or support me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    I am not a melee expert, I've been playing caster for 3 expansions now but I have one thing to say. Even if it's stronger than other legos due to the insane burst it gives you above 80-90% (can't remember what boss health is required for it to activate), it's not the first 10% or 20% of a boss that is giving you trouble most of the time. For that reason alone, I'd prefer a slightly weaker legendary, which could give me a good dps advantage spread more evenly across the boss' phases. But that's my opinion and someone more knowledgeable on the matter can just correct me or support me.
    this is true the worst fight to use it on is star augur, when you see people top dps first 100-90% then you wipe 3% and they're mid pack? they're basically the worst dps in your raid, no-one cares about your dps when the boss is in the easiest phase, another fight would be mistress the fight is chaos in the final phase and you have a legendary that contributes nothing at all during that phase.

Deleted
    i thought it was because the sims dont count for health loss on bosses, its max health always? so cinds burst is always counted for. I am probably wrong tho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    this is true the worst fight to use it on is star augur, when you see people top dps first 100-90% then you wipe 3% and they're mid pack? they're basically the worst dps in your raid, no-one cares about your dps when the boss is in the easiest phase, another fight would be mistress the fight is chaos in the final phase and you have a legendary that contributes nothing at all during that phase.
    It really depends on your other options of course, but to say someone is the worst dps because they used Cinidaria is a bit much. Now if that person has their best legendaries but goes "I wanna burst higher on the pull" and uses Cinidaria, then I would call them out on it and make sure they used the right legendaries.

Cinidaria for Sub is very strong because they have the highest burst in the game with the legendary shoulders. There other options are not that great, wrists are not as strong anymore and requires CoF to make them better, the boots suck now, the only other legendary thats actually good is the gloves which are now bis with shoulders so if you were to get them, drop Cinidaria as it makes each burst phase smoother for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    i thought it was because the sims dont count for health loss on bosses, its max health always? so cinds burst is always counted for. I am probably wrong tho
    you sure about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    It really depends on your other options of course, but to say someone is the worst dps because they used Cinidaria is a bit much. Now if that person has their best legendaries but goes "I wanna burst higher on the pull" and uses Cinidaria, then I would call them out on it and make sure they used the right legendaries.

Cinidaria for Sub is very strong because they have the highest burst in the game with the legendary shoulders. There other options are not that great, wrists are not as strong anymore and requires CoF to make them better, the boots suck now, the only other legendary thats actually good is the gloves which are now bis with shoulders so if you were to get them, drop Cinidaria as it makes each burst phase smoother for you.
    then take a prydaz if you really have nothing else? im serious this belt gives you nothing below 90% and if there is no gain to phasing 5 seconds earlier or you consistently wipe in the final phase, use something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    then take a prydaz if you really have nothing else? im serious this belt gives you nothing below 90% and if there is no gain to phasing 5 seconds earlier or you consistently wipe in the final phase, use something else.
    You assume they have a Prydaz. I certainly don't have one

Anyways, you make out that someone using a Cinidaria is the cause of 1% wipes. Don't be silly, its a team effort, if you keep dying to berserk, look at boss damage. If people keep dying and damage is not a problem, then sure, switch to a defensive lego IF you have one, like a Prydaz hehe

You assume they have a Prydaz. I certainly don't have one

Anyways, you make out that someone using a Cinidaria is the cause of 1% wipes. Don't be silly, its a team effort, if you keep dying to berserk, look at boss damage. If people keep dying and damage is not a problem, then sure, switch to a defensive lego IF you have one, like a Prydaz hehe
    you have to actually go WCL to look at boss damage then and exclude everything but 0-30% but then you're a sub rogue and you're a FoTM OP spec so basically do whatever you want, you've brung the spec, you don't need to bring the player - signed blizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    you have to actually go WCL to look at boss damage then and exclude everything but 0-30% but then you're a sub rogue and you're a FoTM OP spec so basically do whatever you want, you've brung the spec, you don't need to bring the player - signed blizz.
    I thought we were having a discussion on our thoughts about this legendary, but it seems thats now escalated into something else. I'll leave it there.

Forgot to mention that I am sub. Is it true that sims always count boss as being at 100%hp?

I thought we were having a discussion on our thoughts about this legendary, but it seems thats now escalated into something else. I'll leave it there.
    well you can't look at the boss damage because some specs like sub rogue are so fucking far ahead of others, you can wear the belt and if you need more boss damage at 10-0% you still bring a sub rogue because it's not going to lose on boss damage.

so you can only compare to another sub rogue using something else basically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Forgot to mention that I am sub. Is it true that sims always count boss as being at 100%hp?
    No, otherwise simming the belt would add 30% more dps.

Belt is undervalued in SimulationCraft unless you use fixed_time=1 in which it's overvalued.

With fixed_time=1 each % of the boss health drops at the same rate. (100%->90% time interval equals 10%->0% time interval, which is not true in real raid) => belt overvalued

Without fixed_time=1 SimulationCraft does a guess on how long it will take for boss' health to drop down, based on your own gear. Meaning: it burns the first 10% of boss health faster than it happens in reality, because not everyone has belt in a real raid. => belt undervalued

If you sim with Ask Mr. Robot, there is a field that lets you say how fast the boss's health drops. We base the default off what appropriately geared teams are doing. For Goroth, we say that 10% into the fight, the boss has 80% health left. Here's the boss page for Goroth: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory...y&version=live

If you want to change it to match what your team is doing, click the 'copy' button at the top of that Goroth script page (you'll see the button when you are logged in). Then see the last field in the top section, titled "Health Modifiers" ? Change either of those numbers. The first one is how far into the fight you want to designate the health drop, the 2nd number is how low the boss's health is at that point.

Hit me up if you have any questions, or if you want me to make a version for you. I know editing these isn't everyone's thing, so I'm happy to help.

Also, on the sim setup page (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/run), expand the "More Options" section on the right to change the number of cinidaria's in the raid.

@Twix, if you give me your best in bags string, I can run some tests for you. It all depends on your gear, and if you have to break a set bonus, or replace a 940 titanforged item, or any other number of things, the legendary might not be best for you... right now! But it will likely be best as you get more gear and have more options to work with.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2017-08-23 at 08:18 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion