Thread: holy palys bad?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

holy palys bad?

am looking to get a healer up. and thought paly as they seems cool. but a friend of mine said they are in a realy bad state now. and rather go for resto druid or shaman. are palys realy that bad? side question. lvling as holy is it hard?

Deleted
    paladin is by far best healer for raiding and mythic+. i dont know what your friend is talking about, maybe he is just to bad to play healpala because you have to do a lot cd management

lvling as holy is okay, i prefer protection

Yeah, that's just wrong. I personally think holy pally is kind of boring right now but it is very strong in all aspects of the game.

And no, it's not hard to level as holy. You hit really hard. Not much AE damage, but a consistent stream of it, and your ability to turn Holy Shock offensive or defensive as needed will get you through most pulls.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    ok nice to hear

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between being bad, and being boring.
    Right now they're boring, but not bad.

Deleted
    havent tested them so cant say if boring but i like the idea of having a two hander as healer. even if its just for show

Quote Originally Posted by Seraak View Post
    paladin is by far best healer for raiding and mythic+. i dont know what your friend is talking about, maybe he is just to bad to play healpala
    I second this, every raid wants at least 1 holy pala and for m+ after removal of overflowing, there is no "anti-holy pala" affix and their burst healing actually helps with new affixes like grievous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    havent tested them so cant say if boring but i like the idea of having a two hander as healer. even if its just for show
    I mean, you're free to try them out. I just find them insufferably boring this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    This is it holy paladin is pretty boring.

I mean, you're free to try them out. I just find them insufferably boring this expansion.
    "Hi, I raid LFR only, let me tell you my feelings about a class which has nothing to do with reality."

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is fun if you just play LFR and ignore the meters.

[Insert Class]
    [Insert Spec]

Me:

Personally Holy pally are a very strong healer and can have the ability to out heal other classes in oh crap everyone is dying situations. At times your burst can go into the 2mils or higher HPS for a good 15-30 seconds if done right. plus try giving a shockadin build a try. You will then be able to burst heal and burst dps and may even out dps most people in your group but only for limited time. Stack crit and haste and vers around 10-15%. then try to float mastery close to equal of your amount of crit and you'll have fun and be in the top. Let me know if you want a couple burst macros too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    am looking to get a healer up. and thought paly as they seems cool. but a friend of mine said they are in a realy bad state now. and rather go for resto druid or shaman. are palys realy that bad? side question. lvling as holy is it hard?
    Your friend must be living in opposite-land, you can tell him that from me.

Deleted
    Healing M+ as a Holy Paladin has to be the most fun thing I've done in WoW for years.

Gets a little dull when things are trivial, but there's nothing like pushing for a high key and feeling like a god while healing. I can't say it's not the same for other classes, but healing as Holy seems fucking perfect to me.

Deleted
    heres the cliche one......play what you like. You are most likely going to do the best job on a toon/spec that you like rather than on something that is top according to sims or community.

personally played most healing specs. Shamans are strong...but i find them utterly boring when not having enough haste. most fun i had on a healing spec in legion so far is the mistweaver monk.
    Last edited by mmoce43b7b3b8f; 2017-08-16 at 07:56 AM.

I feel I can never top everyone off in M+, and Holy Shock barely moves the HP bar. Using the beacon which heals 4 people on 12 sec CD (can't remember the name). What's the best build to run M+ in the 7-12 range?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    I feel I can never top everyone off in M+, and Holy Shock barely moves the HP bar. Using the beacon which heals 4 people on 12 sec CD (can't remember the name). What's the best build to run M+ in the 7-12 range?
    I prefer Lighbringer. If you're playing reactive, the GCD used to cast Beacon of Virtue is often wasting too much time, and party members will be dead in the meantime. I only use Beacon of Virtue in weeks with bursting, where it is incredibly strong to heal even high stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiaar View Post
    "Hi, I raid LFR only, let me tell you my feelings about a class which has nothing to do with reality."
    I do mythic, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothran View Post
    I prefer Lighbringer. If you're playing reactive, the GCD used to cast Beacon of Virtue is often wasting too much time, and party members will be dead in the meantime. I only use Beacon of Virtue in weeks with bursting, where it is incredibly strong to heal even high stacks.
    I see, so build is 1133232?

Totally agreed, except I'd modify the last line to be something like "They're always boring, but almost always very powerful."