Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'm being truthful as I can, without giving away personal information.

Don't know anything about this statement. Not like I want to litigate my doctor anyways. I just assumed that he seen a break in trust, but that wasn't the case. He just gave me such a serious diagnosis that I couldn't live with that.
    Ah I see. Sometimes it can be hard to hear information about ourselves that make us feel extremely vulnerable, which is why some people cannot handle criticism even when it's for their benefit from close friends. The fact that you are aware of your condition, your reasoning, and especially that the diagnosis was hard to hear means that you are showing a lot of insight and introspection, which is awesome and healthy.

I have to head to work but if you want to vent without sharing personal information I'll be more than happy to hear you out as I have had my fair share of personal struggles with mental health. PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime I sincerely hope you feel better and remember that there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of from your diagnosis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Aha, didn't know that.

What's up with your avatar? It's horrifying.
    It's the not-racist butt .

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time and your feelings of frustration are very valid and understandable. As someone mentioned earlier mental illness is so complex and at times frustrating because people can't see it in the surface unless your have an obvious physical manifestation. As such hearing "just get over it" can be disheartening and I'm glad to hear you're trying to address the issue which will hopefully lead to a higher quality of life for you.

I don't have access to your medical records so I can't comment on the care your primary care physician is administering, but please understand that while it can be very frustrating, treating mental health isn't an exact science in a number of cases and it's an ongoing process to see which procedure or medication works. Tell your physician exactly what's bothering you, that you feel your diagnosis doesn't fit, and your current state of mind and emotions regarding the whole ordeal. Chances are that they might have picked up on symptoms from your history that you might not even be aware of and there's nothing wrong with that.

Unless the treatment has been going on for a while I would strongly suggest that you find a healthy way as an outlet for your frustration, even if it's something as small as venting to strangers on a video game forum . If you feel social enough then try to spend some time in the company of friends, family, or where people who share any hobbies you might have gather. Lastly if your treatment has been going on for a while then definitely bring up all of your concerns and thoughts with your physician, and be completely open and frank with them. Since you mentioned he's well known in your area I would give him the benefit of the doubt on his expertise.
    Thanks, for your thoughts and concern.

Yeah, not lying to your doctor is pivotal to getting help. Lying only prevents them from actually helping. Part of my therapy is not lying about anything. Even white lies. Because, I said before it's like disastrous for me. Like an alcoholic, I can't even have a sip less I slide into depravity again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

I'm not convinced psychology is actually a science, but I hope you get the help you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'm not convinced psychology is actually a science, but I hope you get the help you need.
    That part was completely unnecessary and it only detracts from your concern. Don't have time to address the why so just going to leave with educate yourself.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Thanks, for the concern. I feel a bit better, even if there isn't a concrete solution, just knowing that I'm not the only seeing this an conflicting is enough. Of course my family wants Doctor Two for obvious reasons, but the good ole American Health Care is getting in the way. Which why there is a conflict to begin with...

I will be checking on this thread for a little bit longer. Guess, I kinda knew what the answer would be, just hoping for more insight.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    It's the not-racist butt .
    Oh, from a comic strip. I feel I don't understand it. :/

I'm on Medicaid, currently. It's the only reason I can even go to the doctor. But Doctor Two isn't cheap, and Medicaid won't subsidizes his costs. At 300$ an hour. He gave me charity for 100 an hour and after 20 sessions, he said his charity was up. I don't blame him for that. He has costs to operate, considering he has to schedule his classes(he teaches at a University), according to how many patients he has. He was seeing me on his lunch break for damn near 6 months, once a week.

But I get all the support I can from the government... it's just not enough sometimes.
    Yeah, that sucks... What sort of social/support network do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yeah, that sucks... What sort of social/support network do you have?
    I have a couple of family members, an amazing wife who has been nothing but supportive and loving. I don't deserve her, but I treat her well and have never and never will hurt her.

Outside of that, not much. Not really much support for the kinda fucked up I am.

I have a couple of family members, an amazing wife who has been nothing but supportive and loving. I don't deserve her, but I treat her well and have never and never will hurt her.

Outside of that, not much. Not really much support for the kinda fucked up I am.
    There is support for you, response to your thread is just an example of it, and you deserve help. That you have your wife is a good thing (and she wouldn't be with you if she didn't find you worthwhile). And hey, I assume you're not a serial killer, child-molester or rapist, so you really aren't that fucked up.

Best I can suggest though, is to hit up some forums for mental problems, I've stalked a few during some of my worst times, and you can find support there, possibly tips as well on alternative options, or just someone with some experience on the subject who would lend an ear, give you some new perspective/insight. It won't replace a psychologist, most likely, but it might offer some relief for you. And it keeps you active, which is important...falling into a slump and giving up is just...awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to look into cognitive behavioral therapy, as an avenue for dealing with mental health issues it can be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does that help me live an honest and clean lifestyle?

Lying, and manipulating the truth is like crack for me. If I'm lying and being dishonest with you, is because I am using you for something. I'm not using my therapists for anything.. I honestly need them.

I'm getting better, not worse.
    Medicine is a science; doctors are scientists. It is the nature of science that you always be willing to ask questions. If they are so attached to their opinions that they can't stand the thought of you asking for more information from new sources, they shouldn't be doctors. Your health is more important than their ego.

The best thing you can do for yourself, as someone who understands, is go jogging outdoors every day. Do it until you're so tired all you want to do is take a hot bath and fall asleep. Being out in nature is incredibly therapeutic. Jog to new places. Don't jog your body to failure, take rests, walk. Don't give into self-defeating thoughts, tell yourself you can do it. Allow yourself to have new experiences without ruminating on old ones. Stay hydrated. Stay positive.

This is not the correct place to get medical advice.