Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And then we'll run around without a weapon till 8.0?
    That's only lorewise. Think of them as old legendaries, by half of the next expansion's leveling you will outgear it and traits and such will be turned off by the next level cap.

I'm more interested in the speculated/confirmed (they said it in blizzcon, but who knows) about the number rebalance they are planning for 8.0. I personally would love if they returned numbers to vanilla/BC levels, when you were doing 3k~ dps.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-08-13 at 11:06 AM.

People need to understand that there's a difference between story and game mechanics and items. We'll probably lose the ability to continue upgrading the artifact past the levels available in Legion. Think about it: Did your garrison abilities carry over from WoD into Legion? No. But it's still there if you want to go back and muck around in WoD. Same thing with artifacts.

Not sure if we'll go back to looting weapons in the next expansion, or just re-powering them. It would be pretty lame to replace Ashbringer or Doomhammer with some lousy green weapon. So I think it's much more likely that we'll just start over from zero points or something. Not sure how well that's going to be received, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    I'm more interested in the speculated/confirmed (they said it in blizzcon, but who knows) about the number rebalance they are planning for 8.0. I personally would love if they returned numbers to vanilla/BC levels, when you were doing 3k~ dps.
    Look at how they did the last squish. Don't expect them to do more than that. You will never go back down to BC levels unless you go back to level 70(i.e. Timewalk) as well.

They'll just flatten the iLvl curve for MoP and WoD, that's it. If they do anything at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome the change of not being stuck with this weapon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hope they don't keep all the artifact abilities. Like I want reap souls to burn in a fire and not everyone needs an additional permanent .5-1 min cooldown in their rotation. Just saying I hope they don't feel obligated to keep all of these things in our rotations moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Classes will be gutted, traits made no longer valid, all our stats will be squished so our max DPS is 245 and we have 1k health and then we'll be handed a green sword of murloc slaying and go on our merry way.

Nah, you're most likely to lose it in the 8.0 intro questline. probably closing the argue portal or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I welcome the change of not being stuck with this weapon.
    Does the prospect of having some nameless weapon from a no name animal appeal to you better?

I knew when we got artifacts that this wouldnt stick and i hope blizz knows what they are doing that some crappy blue wouldnt replace our artifact without some song and dance otherwise what a fucking let down!

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    noting that they said that artifacts won't be gone in the last interview, but we'll change our weapons for sure
    No, they said it when legion started in an interview.

Whachu talkin about Willis?! Maiden already dropped a weapon me
    :P

Lore wise our weapons will be destroyed/drained and presented as such in a mechanic or a boss kill cutscene.

But they wont remove our artifacts, they'll probably disable the traits beyond level 110 or some other quick fix, probably rendering them unusable for timewalking.

Its highly unlikely Argus isnt the last raid tier.
    1. Pretty sure they alluded to this last blizzcon
    2. Lets pretend Argus raid is the last raid of this expansion, it will come out in.. 13-15 weeks? and then last for 15-20 weeks? (end of expansion content slow), so either new expansion hits April 2018, which is insane because they haven't announced anything let alone finished working on the argus content patch....
    Last edited by Spicymemer; 2017-08-13 at 01:46 PM.

They should be gone , We will most likely channel our Artifacts together for a greater purpose at the end of the expansion (most likely for imprisoning Sargeras)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Does the prospect of having some nameless weapon from a no name animal appeal to you better?

I knew when we got artifacts that this wouldnt stick and i hope blizz knows what they are doing that some crappy blue wouldnt replace our artifact without some song and dance otherwise what a fucking let down!
    In a way, yes. The prospect of holding these weapons is against what I like, really. Don't like the idea of us being too high up the rank.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    In a way, yes. The prospect of holding these weapons is against what I like, really. Don't like the idea of us being too high up the rank.
    Be interesting to see if blizz will take us down a few pegs in the next xpac cause the next step is fucking Warchief and High King!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Be interesting to see if blizz will take us down a few pegs in the next xpac cause the next step is fucking Warchief and High King!!!
    Yeah, no thanks. I can accept the 'faction hero' bit but not higher..

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    don't get your hopes up to much on keeping everything.

every spec has:
    -1 artifact ability
    -4 artifact gold traits
    -12+ legendary effects

no way you get to keep ALL of those. now admittedly over half of them are relatively boring effects, but the cool ones are quite a lot to all carry over. Not to mention the new expansion will no doubt carry some of the legion systems over, so some stuff has to be cut to make room for new legendaries etc.
    Looking at my personal spec of choice (prot paladin), the only really must haves would be the artifact ability (or prot getting divine protection again), one of the golds (avenger's shield bubbles), and one of the minors (consecration duration). Another gold (aoe damage on avengers shield), would be nice to have, but I wouldn't be very disappointed if it got left on the floor. Everything else is a little more damage on this spell, or a little more survival here or there, or a little more avoidance. Just number tweak traits that can mostly be balanced around. Of the legendaries I'd say there really is only one or two that make for considerable gameplay difference, which could be baked back in again (one was a WoD perk that was make into a Legion legendary).

Either that or we go insane after being exposed to the same crap that Sargeras encountered, and WE become the bagguys. I'd be down with that too. Would explain why we cast off the artifacts, too.

Every artifact has a story, they don't belong to us, they belong to our Orders, our class halls.

Lorewise I personally think we'll be handing them off to champions of our order.

Draining them, losing them... Why?
    The best answer is that we pass them on. We are powerful enough to make any weapon we use by now it's own "Artifact" in due time.

I think we'll give up Command of our Orders but remain in the trusted leadership.

Like Blizz said, we will never return to just being wandering adventurers, in game we are legendary heroes, it's too late to be a nobody.
    But it's true, we definitely won't be leading our factions next lol.

Pure speculation edit:
    It's possible Glyphs may be worthwhile again, they could take some choice traits and give us major/prime whatever Glyphs again. Then they could give a variety of traits, not just ones that tie into a weapon theme.
    Last edited by Slizarus; 2017-08-13 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    No, they said it when legion started in an interview.
    at first they said it will be gone, then a few days ago they said they're thinking of being able to advance all the artifact (still a lot of content) after legion, except for those from mythic dungeons maybe

Deleted
    we gona lose the weapons... but they are not going to ditch the "progression" system where people think they have a choise.. they are going to introduce a new "thing". maybe a "shrine" where we put our "artifact power" into.. or maybe this time every class gets a unique ARMORSET with a skilltree and different transmog options just like the weapons in legion.

they are not going to remove mechanics that hook the players into to game. so probably some stuff becomes baseline some stuff stays in the "artifact replacement" probably even some skills make a return.. for example antimagiczone (because developers love to take out stuff from the game just to introduce it in the next installment of the game as a "new feature")