Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    She's a slick ho.
    I don't get how you don't learn your lesson the first time. You get knocked up once but then allow it to happen again. How does that happen. Especially now with contraceptives.

Isn't this fairly common in the new divorce heavy, nuclear family removed society we're in? Maybe not having two kids with different fathers and not being with either of 'em, but even that isn't really surprising.

I mean, whatever floats your boat. I come from the most ordinary family ever and I'm way more fucked up than most people I've met who didn't. So that's probably not the biggest contributor to ones eventual well-being in life.

I think the main oddity to me is that the article presents it as a cultural ideal, rather than "shit happened, we're making it work". I know plenty of folks in similar situations, but they didn't like, set out to get knocked up by guy A, then guy B, and work out stuff. They just didn't care not to.

The idea that they make things work with helping out money wise is a good example of it. In most of these situations, they can't afford child support, so they just give money when needed/ available with no regard to a steady situation. So it's more of a "in my soceity this is how it happens" not "in my culture, this is how we plan things".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes a lot more sense from a biological perspective than the insane 'till death do us part' monogamy that usually ends up failing anyway. But in Western culture, founded on on roots of Christian morality? No, I don't think it's very common and I can understand why cultural outsiders would feel pressure to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It makes a lot more sense from a biological perspective than the insane 'till death do us part' monogamy that usually ends up failing anyway. But in Western culture, founded on on roots of Christian morality? No, I don't think it's very common and I can understand why cultural outsiders would feel pressure to change.
    If we look at thousands of years of mankind, humans have been getting married and sticking together. Not having kids out of wedlock with different men. We aren't wild animals.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am oh, so glad that they sometimes help out and give her a little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Isn't this fairly common in the new divorce heavy, nuclear family removed society we're in? Maybe not having two kids with different fathers and not being with either of 'em, but even that isn't really surprising.

I mean, whatever floats your boat. I come from the most ordinary family ever and I'm way more fucked up than most people I've met who didn't. So that's probably not the biggest contributor to ones eventual well-being in life.

Define fucked up.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-08-14 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its common...

Divorce rates are what, around 50%? Add people having babies out of wedlock. If the kids are taken care of then who cares?

Resident Cosplay Progressive