Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

In what ways is your country shit

Title says it all, talk as much shit about your own country and see if someone agrees.

And no, this is not a bait thread even if you want to believe it.

Too many people who are willing to let the country be destroyed by multiculturalism and islam.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bureaucracy. There is a paper to be signed and a commission to approve and some clerks to refuse it for every single freaking thing you can think of.
    Last edited by Tomyris; 2017-08-13 at 11:11 AM. Reason: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people just don't care and would rather spend time on social media.

I'm not sure this is an accepted topic on these forums.

I wish my country paid more attention to its own problems. The rest of the world hates us for our meddling and so many times it comes in the form of aid - not sure why we bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belgium,

Way too many Politicians per person, currently only rivaled by countries as Greece. We are around 19 per Million, They are at 22
    Divided nation in North and South, both in Politics and Media (bilingual nation), For a nation of our size we have a Federal government, A flemish, A Wallonia and one for Brussels. Each of those are even further divided in Provinces.
    Too much Bureaucracy in general and always trying to be first in the Class when it comes to European regulations is something odd. What also means often there's a political corruption scandal.

Honestly all my complaints would have to be on a political level, for the rest have plenty of nature nearby, winters are good, summers are good, have plenty of services, services are also good, we didn't invest in energy production such as electricity enough in the 80's and 90's and often sold companies that did to nearby nations what again is a Political fuck up. Only major thing that's unfavorable is probably starting a company here and the costs involved, that is something i wouldn't really consider doing here.

People are okay and diverse not to most welcoming people but far from the opposite also, more reserved in nature. (if compared to let's say the dutch)

So can't say i'm unhappy here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Belgium.

It seems hard work, and personal responsibility are anathema to the very core of the country. When I first moved here, a women at the employment office actually told me "Don't work too hard, the others won't", before I had even applied to a job. The first boss I had here even said to me "Belgian's are really lazy, so it is hard to get them to do even the bare minimum of work at times". I was genuinely shocked, and thought it was BS until I actually saw it first hand...I mean, I have seen it in UK, but this is beyond a joke here XD

That and the bureaucracy isn't even a joke anymore, but utterly depressing.
    That depends from company to company. However due to our taxation on overtime it generally its not worth to put in too much overtime unless you want to take the hours back elsewhere or get paid "off the books".

It also depends where you work, i know in the south (and really people if they don't believe me can get mad i don't care) employees can really work against the company what is sometimes good regarding unions and something bad, in the north it's hard to mobilize people. In the south i know from others that they ended up going on strike because one didn't get a new GPS.
    Also the company size matters, the larger the company often you'll experience pressure less and yes if you are the work horse people will work against you since you make them look back, the smaller the company the higher the pressure and the harder people generally work. It hasn't been uncommon for me to put in 70 or more hours per week (not all on the books of course).

15+ Year Old Account
    taxes are extremely high for people who earn decently
    little incentives to get a higher education, because you can earn similar with a trade unless you make it to some top manager position

that's it pretty much
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-08-13 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    Estonia: cold weather, too many nationalists and suppression of minority (about 1/3 of population) sponsored by EU that only supports minorities when it suits them, rather high taxes.

That's all I can think of.

Turkey,

shit in every imaginable way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denmark,

too many people pushing aside for other people to use their rights. (No, I am not racist, just stating that we are using way too many resources on the criminal and non-integrating people. Can't handle, move).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

US
    Politics and people. The stronger the opinion, the dumber the person.

Deleted
    Swedish and I would say naive as few with the head up its own ass trying to avoid reality.

Norway - Way too much rain. I want my summer!

Greece

Corrupt politicians and even dumber people voting for them since the 70s, they change sides too and they still keep voting for them

The most annoying is the dumber people that keep whining about politics, while the politicians only care to get their families in the government system and nothing else.

Then the next batch does the same, and the same, has been happening for the last 40 years.

Basically, people follow the person that believes will get them into the government, it makes others follow him etc etc etc, in the end person gets elected, wife, kids, sister, cousins all find a job in the government in weeks, rinse and repeat while everyone that followed the word of the family members or familiars that want something done, vote for him.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The radical left has pushed identity politics and violence against political dissent so much it is slowly driving people nuts. That's one way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The rest of the world hates us for our meddling and so many times it comes in the form of aid - not sure why we bother.
    Damned if you do and damned if you don't. In this situation, I would say it is a vocal minority. Problem is if America gives aid, they are just sticking their noses in everyone else's business and if America stops giving aid they are just selfish bastards. I don't agree with that, but its the sort of rhetoric that those vocal minorities will spout in either situation. I guess this is the price of being the most powerful country in the world, other nations can become jealous, so no matter what you do, in their eyes nothing you do will ever be good enough but personally I don't see why all those that benefit from American aid should suffer because you got your feels hurted. It shouldn't matter what the jealous idiots in the world think, what should matter is that you are doing the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland:

Our neighbor is quite unstable.

Stuff is expensive.

Weather is kinda bad. Short summer, with just a few days that go beyond +20°C, with plenty of rain. Read about that "Lucifer" heat wave affecting Europe. Too cold for the devil, it seems.

Deleted
    The people and the government here are very naive and not very ambitious.

Oh, and our re-elected Prime Minister lacks a vision for the country and only reacts to things.

Deleted
    Random weather

That's my only criticism of the UK

My country has a lot of old, superstitious people ( religious ). They vote with the commies and are okay with the country spending a lot of money on churches instead of shit like hospitals.

We also have a lot of corruption, I'd like to say it's only in politics but that would be a lie. Shit like Consumer Protection for instance is hard to get into without knowing people on the inside and they often take bribes to look away from hygiene issues.

Now I'm sure this probably applies to all countries since corruption is everywhere but it's really sad to see how far we've fallen. It's slowly getting better but not by much.

On the other hand I'm happy that shit like PC culture hasn't reached us yet. There are no ( very few ) scholarships for minorities, our court battles are somewhat equal between men and women, false rape accusations aren't really a thing and alimony doesn't exist.

So I'm content for now.

Also our summers are horribly hot.