Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Africas population to increase to 4.5 billion by 2100

https://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/Publicat...eyFindings.pdf

It is imperative that we stop immigration from Africa now! Nip it in the bud before they will overrun us in the future, playing on our politicians sympathies that their countries are unable to host life! The politicians need to stop feeling sorry for them and stop this! Europe will not be europe if the population is african!! It will be african!!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Their starvation levels due to poverty and being unable to sufficiently fend for themselves on a continental level means it will likely hit a point where more are dying than are breeding.

Unless of course Western countries continue to be morons and throw aid at them constantly instead of teaching them to be self-sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Education is the answer

Deleted
    It doesnt matter how well fed or educated you are.
    There's only so much you can do in a barren wasteland with wild animals that can easily kill humans.

lulz. i laugh every time a white scream about "africanization" of their states.
    thank you

Deleted
    I for one welcome our new African warlords.

By that time the world is half a desert due to climate change, other country's cant afford to send aid when they need it themselves by that time. So I doubt it would reach that level.

Deleted
    Don't worry, global warming will take care of that. I mean, there is no global warming, shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I doubt it. Their starvation levels due to poverty and being unable to sufficiently fend for themselves on a continental level means it will likely hit a point where more are dying than are breeding.

Unless of course Western countries continue to be morons and throw aid at them constantly instead of teaching them to be self-sufficient.
    I don't think this will result in an equilibrium controlled by deaths and births. It is more likely this will just lead to mass emigration first. Besides china is heavily investing into african farmland to feed their own population. My guess is that some of them will realize they could do that for themselves as well. Them becoming an import nation is probably out of the question.

Deleted
    "Global warming" will only push them towards Europe faster, since nothing will grow in that god forsaken continent anymore in 50 years due to exrteme heat and drought.

At some point, countries like Italy and Spain will vote for extreme leaders/parties because of the increasing immigration anyway so in the long run I doubt many will reach Northern Europe.

Europe gonna be invaded by a billion of barbarians, Rome here we go again.

Deleted
    80 years from now the majority of the posters on MMOC will be dead, or so old that that they may as well be dead.
    Therefore there is nothing to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh by that point, Italy and Spain will also be hit by desertification so Northern Europe will mostly be dealing with Southern Europeans immigrating there.
    That's why I will be long gone and be living in canada at that point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    It doesnt matter how well fed or educated you are.
    There's only so much you can do in a barren wasteland with wild animals that can easily kill humans.
    You do know that Africa is not limited to what you see in the Lion King ?

So this projection is bullshit.

Firstly, it shows a linear progression over a century, that simply does not make sense.

Secondly, Africa is not baren, however it is not exactly incredibly a fertile land. Countries like Bangladesh have a huge density of (very poor) population because they can "afford" it. The land is currently extremely fertile and can be cultivate each years, that's not the case for most Africa region. There is a limit to food production/human need.

Thirdly, The current mechanization despite being slow could improve food production to match population growth. However, the ressources are limited, especially water resources. Many region in Africa are already suffering of the growing lack of water, and it is just going to be tougher and tougher. Water wars are already becoming a thing. Also water is kind of a must have for food production and population growth.

Finally, Current population growth is not matched by economic growth. Resulting in an overall poorer and poorer population. So if there are better medical expertise in Africa it's still not good enough to match population growth. Add more density and mobility and disease will be even more lethal than they currently are.

So food, water, health and wars are limiting factor to population growth, and those problems are expected to go worse with the years. Africa had its overall population risen because there were some growth in food production, health and so on... African population had more children because of the high death rate. The birth rate does not immediately match those change resulting in population growth. The birth rate stabilize later to match current limitation, but unfortunately this can take time. We have some prime example of it with Asia lately (and every country actually).
    The limiting factors I discussed before can not put a stop to population growth and that's for the better as the alternative would be terrible. The main and better way to limit is through correct population education (not only school education, that includes things like state policies, health education and prevention). Does African countries have to deal with that on their own is a complete other question.
    China once again showed good and bad examples of how to deal with increasing population.

This kind of cheap alarmism reminds me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

That's not how it works. Birthrates can be tied to some extent to socio-economics and education and when a population is healthy, well-educated and employed, their birth (and death rates) tend to stabilize with the former gradually starting to decline. When there is a high mortality rate, that only encourages people to have way more children so if one or two or even three die, there will still be children left that will be able to care for them if they reach old age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh by that point, Italy and Spain will also be hit by desertification so Northern Europe will mostly be dealing with Southern Europeans immigrating there.
    Not really, as Northern Europe will be under a big ice sheet by then that extends all the way to the Italian Alps, it will become like Northern Canada. Spain and Italy will be the only hospitable places remaining.

Worth a mention is that African population projections from the UN have repeatedly turned out to be too low. The drop off in birth rates from development that's been seen elsewhere in the world has been less substantial in Africa.

It's going to be an interesting century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    https://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/Publicat...eyFindings.pdf

It is imperative that we stop immigration from Africa now! Nip it in the bud before they will overrun us in the future, playing on our politicians sympathies that their countries are unable to host life! The politicians need to stop feeling sorry for them and stop this! Europe will not be europe if the population is african!! It will be african!!
    Actually to avoid overpopulation in Africa it is imperative that other countries step up immigration numbers. Especially with an aging society.
    It's a win win for both parties.

seriously the next ice-age can't come quick enough.