Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Alright dude, I don't care about your armchair psychology analysis. I saw someone being a target of a person known to be problematic and i offered my sympathy. Sorry if it upsets you. Normal people have a self criticism about it and i offered him some respite.
    @The Iron Fist is no less "problematic" than @Mehrunes is, aside the fact that maybe the latter is a bit more active. Just in case you didn't know. Unless you judge non-problematic the habit of telling to various people "L2lore" while showing industrial amounts of lore ignorance himself. A victim deserving some quiet safe space indeed.

As for the why. You might have time to waste in pointless arguments with people who are persistent for the sake of being annoying when they obviously don't have a case, but i check out. Life is not forever and wasting your time with such people will be time you will wish you had back. They are simply not worth it. Maybe you haven't been around to know that there's countless people like that online and all they do is rob you of your precious time with redundant and biased and illogical narratives. My life is more precious than that. If that is childish for you... well... fine. I don't care what you want to call it. But i call it smart use of my time.
    I mean, I literally just said that is pretty much justified to ignore people that effectively waste your time and argue in circles. Way to come up with a convenient reply to a post you read as it fitted you most. You may call the people involved "biased" and it may even be true but you should also consider the little, insignificant fact that you may be just as biased. On the end of the day, in a world where pretty much everyone has a "bias" towards something, the solidity of the arguments exposed is what matters. That's precisely from what you judge how much you can blame on "bias" the stance of a certain poster.

Needless to say, if you're incapable to offer equally grounded replies and counter-arguments than the tip of the scale risks to fall on your side. You also don't need to involve yourself in overly long discussions, I very rarely do that myself. In fact, to counter that I try to expose my points in the clearest, most complete way I can. That tends to be very helpful. If said points are "shaky" and not very convincing than indeed it can go on forever. And that marks the difference between simply agreeing to disagree and ignoring people out of disagreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    @The Iron Fist is no less "problematic" than @Mehrunes is, aside the fact that maybe the latter is a bit more active. Just in case you didn't know. Unless you judge non-problematic the habit of telling to various people "L2lore" while showing industrial amounts of lore ignorance himself. A victim deserving some quiet safe space indeed.

I mean, I literally just said that is pretty much justified to ignore people that effectively waste your time and argue in circles. Way to come up with a convenient reply to a post you read as it fitted you most. You may call the people involved "biased" and it may even be true but you should also consider the little, insignificant fact that you may be just as biased. On the end of the day, in a world where pretty much everyone has a "bias" towards something, the solidity of the arguments exposed is what matters. That's precisely from what you judge how much you can blame on "bias" the stance of a certain poster.

Needless to say, if you're incapable to offer equally grounded replies and counter-arguments than the tip of the scale risks to fall on your side. You also don't need to involve yourself in overly long discussions, I very rarely do that myself. In fact, to counter that I try to expose my points in the clearest, most complete way I can. That tends to be very helpful. If said points are "shaky" and not very convincing than indeed it can go on forever. And that marks the difference between simply agreeing to disagree and ignoring people out of disagreement.
    Yes, you are really pro at forums. Like... what are you doing here besides stroking your own ego? I have a method that works and i will stick to it.
    Thank you for the feedback. If i could care more about complete internet strangers i would do as you say. I think this whole dissertation because i agreed with someone is probably a bit exaggerated. Cheers though.