Poll: Is this rally a good idea?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Spike Lee promotes rally for Colin Kaepernick at NFL headquarters

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...dquarters.html

Famed filmmaker Spike Lee on Tuesday promoted a rally later this month to support Colin Kaepernick, the controversial free agent quarterback whose supporters say has been blackballed by the NFL due to his social activism.

Dubbed “United We Stand,” the rally for Kaepernick is set to occur outside NFL headquarters in New York City on Wednesday, Aug. 23 at 5 p.m. ET, according to a post to Lee’s Twitter account. It’s unclear if Kaepernick himself will attend the rally.
    Now in my point of view this is pretty dumb, but damn, would it be embarrassing even more then anything else. If I were him I would be in contact hoping to shut this down, like I am not being signed because I am seen as a drama bringing attention whore, this is not exactly scoring me points.

Whats are your thoughts on this?

It's really a shame how being "a drama whore" is more damaging to your career in the NFL then doing pretty much ANYTHING that is objectively worse than that...."Cough". Regardless seeing Lee get bent out of shape over it is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    It's really a shame how being "a drama whore" is more damaging to your career in the NFL then doing pretty much ANYTHING that is objectively worse than that...."Cough". Regardless seeing Lee get bent out of shape over it is pretty funny.
    You gotta remember though, its being a drama whore on the stage, while "working". This is in addition to being a low tier player in the first place, one that isnt exactly being fought over.

And? I don't really care weather he's sought after or not, the fact that he's the NFL's public enemy #1 is pretty indicative of how fucked up sports culture is. You can have multiple accusations of sexual assault against you but you toss the ball well enough, so you're good! Anyway this Kapernick situation is much to do about nothing.

And? I don't really care weather he's sought after or not, the fact that he's the NFL's public enemy #1 is pretty indicative of how fucked up sports culture is. You can have multiple accusations of sexual assault against you but you toss the ball well enough, so you're good! Anyway this Kapernick situation is much to do about nothing.
    until someone does it on the field though, its not really the same thing. otherwise i agree, look a kobe bryant and ray rice, but huge pieces of shit, but no one cares. Thats fans for you.

Says a lot that kap doesnt even have enough fans to get in anywhere LOL

NFL took a big hit last year mainly due to this issue, I don't foresee this lasting much longer in the name of money.

He wasn't good enough to be a drama whore. That's the problem.

It's one thing when LeBron wears a hoodie. That's powerful stuff. Kaepernick is a 3rd string nobody who disrupted his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

It's one thing when LeBron wears a hoodie. That's powerful stuff. Kaepernick is a 3rd string nobody who disrupted his team.
    Bingo, at least hes a martyr now

Yeah, Kaepernick vastly overrated his importance.

As Dave Chappelle said, roughly paraphrasing, "Integrity? Yeah, that's what I'm going to feed my family. Integrity sandwiches."
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

There is no controversy. People aren't JUST signing him based on his antics last season, they aren't signing him because he devolved into a mess on the field. Bad reads, bad plays, bad stats. He was good for one season, when noone in the NFL knew how to defeat the read option and the Pistol Offense reigned supreme. QBs like him, RG3 and Russell Wilson flourished. Next season: Nope to all 3.

Regardless of what CK7 fans might say, it's not a running league, it's a passing league. Hence why recent SB champions, like the Patriots lead by Tom Brady, Broncos by Peyton Manning, Seahawks with Wilson, Packers with Rodgers and Saints with Brees dominated due to aerial offense and strong QB field managing

I don't get why people care so much. He didn't stand for the national anthem, who gives a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't get why people care so much. He didn't stand for the national anthem, who gives a fuck?
    A bunch of yeehaws did, and made their displeasure known enough for him to lose any ounce of goodwill and support within the football.

That and his ability tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    A bunch of yeehaws did, and made their displeasure known enough for him to lose any ounce of goodwill and support within the football.
    Did he have any to begin with? Wasn't he already disliked for being a dick before all this started? I don't follow sports closely but the 49ers are a local team so I hear about them plenty, and IIRC he wasn't terribly well liked when he signed his extended contract with them years back when he didn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did he have any to begin with? Wasn't he already disliked for being a dick before all this started? I don't follow sports closely but the 49ers are a local team so I hear about them plenty, and IIRC he wasn't terribly well liked when he signed his extended contract with them years back when he didn't suck.
    I'm a filthy Packers fan. Knowledge of what's going on in the 49'ers is like asking eskimoe's what the best route to bar crawl in Morocco.

That being said there was a few cases I am vaguely recalling, but it didn't last long and he was still performing well so nobody gave a shit.

Does anyone think a rally for this is something that should actually be done?

Seems super dramatic to me. lol if we had rally's for everyone who couldnt get a job due to being an annoying prick, we would stay busy.

People can hold rallies of whatever they please.

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am not a fan of Spike Lee over all neither good or bad, but Sure they should do it, I think it is a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha OK damn just came right out the gate with the cold hard truth. Yeah hard to argue with the facts you pointed out.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ens/534922001/
    “For you to say you have to check with sponsors and fans because this guy took a knee and made a statement?” Sherman said. “Now if you told me this guy threw eight pick-sixes last year and played like a bum, had no talent, that’s one thing. But Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett or whoever is playing for the Jets right now – whoever is starting for the Jets is terrible – have jobs. You’re telling me fans would rather you lose and put a worse player out there because a guy took a stand? That’s where it’s so troublesome to me.”

Sherman cited a few examples, including the Jacksonville Jaguars' Blake Bortles and the Los Angeles Rams’ Jared Goff, as starters that don’t measure up to Kaepernick.

“Blake Bortles has shown you enough to where you don’t think Kaep would be a solid fit?” Sherman added. “Kaep has won games.”

Armchair coaches opinions or Richard Sherman's opinion. Hmm. Which is more valuable?

I'm really tired of Colin Kapernik's antics. I didn't care when he did his whole kneeling thing, do you, broski. But I'm tired of hearing about him and I'm tired of him and his people trying to perpetuate the false narrative that the reason he no longer has a job is because of some conspiracy to keep him out by white dudes who don't like his message, rather than the fact that he's been a total dumpster fire of a QB for the past few seasons and has shown no signs of making any real improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

As usual, Skroe says it best. Kaep had what, 2 really good years early on? San Fran had other problems besides him afterwards so it's not fair to blame their collapse into the basement of the NFC west solely on him, but he hasn't shown himself to be much of a leader, unifying figure, or quality player since.

EDIT: Should add too that I really wanted to like the guy; I didn't start out as a Kaep hater. I remember watching his college game at Nevada where he led his team over the (much hated, by me) Boise State team in a huge upset and he seemed like a cool guy with a lot to offer an NFL team. Sad to see his career devolve like this.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-08-09 at 02:52 AM.

NFL fans will overlook just about anything if you're a good player Kaepernick, AFAIK, isn't. But really, it's rather telling that his political stance bothered fans and the league more than a complete piece of shit like Vick, who managed to continue his career as a player and (so far), a coach on some level.