Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alternate realities bronze dragon-flight dungeons [Idea]

I just thought about this in another thread and thought i would make my own thread for it, see what the community thinks.

Would you lot like to see dungeons that have nothing to do with the lore, dont push the story forward, or anything, bassicly just errands for the bronze dragonflight.
    Set in alternate realities we have different versions of our story, of our planet, etc, and we see what happens, and we get to do dungeons based on them.
    Could give some cool mogs, some cool cheives, pets, mounts, etc.

Some examples.
    "Knights of the frozen throne"
    In this realitiy the lich king won, and raised the greatest heros as his servents, we must fight them all, then to find Jaina the lich queen and fight her. (we would fight the heros all from the new hearthstone expansion, thrall, garrosh, anduin, jaina, malfurion, etc) = rewards their armor depending on your class.

"World of MRGLEcraft"
    A Universe where everyone are murloc. We come into the universe to find something, and find a battle between the horde and alliance, but they are murlocs, so we must fight through them, fighting garrosh fishscream, jaina pondmoore, anduin finn, and others.= rewards baby murloc versions of each leader depending on your race.

"Seige of stormwind"
    In this reality Anduin was killed by garrosh when he crushed the bell, this pushed Varian too far, he dug and found the heart of yash, then used it to empower himself, we storm stormwind and find a hidden cavern under the throne room into the mountain behind them, were we fight the SI:7 and eventually an old god empowered Varian.= rewards a robotic lion mount
    "Betrayer becomes the betrayed"
    In this reality Malfurion plays the role of illidan, tyrande a warden, illidan the druid, and Maiev, his love intrest, we fight through some of the key points of "malufrions" life to try and help him return to his brother, and it ends with them becoming good friends, working together to fight the legion.= rewards a pair of druidic looking warglaives, aswell as a pair of swords version, and a fel corrupted version of the scythe of elune (for all casters) aswell as a polearm version.

and many more, feel free to share your ideas of what you would like a alternate story to be, and feel free to share if you think this would be cool or not, and if you would like it.

(Forgot to make it a poll for yes or no, fuck!)

- - - Updated - - -

Going to see if i can get a mod to add a poll to this >_>
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-08-13 at 09:52 PM.

Question:How and when those dungeons would be available, it would be like Timewalking or standard dungeons?

Ideas?

The Horde won the second war and now are trying to invade Kalimdor, Tyrande and Caerne team up to defeat the Orcs.

Velen is part of the Legion(idk i just like to see what he would look like)

The Alternative timeline where Blackmoore conquered Lordaeron and we help Arthas, Varian and Jaina reclaim it.The End boss is Blackmoore and slave Thrall.

Deleted
    This all is obviously inspired by the deaths of chromie scenario, which is quite awesome indeed.

Something like that would surely be great, however you have to consider what would be possible in a timely manner as it is optional content that not everyone would ever do or see. Totally up for it though, the possibilities are endless. Almost every single event would change the future of Azeroth considerably if it would have taken a turn for the worst (or best, in some cases).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would love something like this. I had the same thought, that characters based on alternate skins from HOTS could be brought in.

Would love to see an incarnation of Hellhammer Thrall.

Not going to lie - that would be interesting, though I think that I've had enough of alternate universe/time-walking in expansions... but as dungeons? Sure thing.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-08-13 at 09:45 PM.

I would love more CoT dungeons or raids, they were always my favorite. And these are absolutely wonderful ideas.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Question:How and when those dungeons would be available, it would be like Timewalking or standard dungeons?

Ideas?

The Horde won the second war and now are trying to invade Kalimdor, Tyrande and Caerne team up to defeat the Orcs.

Velen is part of the Legion(idk i just like to see what he would look like)

The Alternative timeline where Blackmoore conquered Lordaeron and we help Arthas, Varian and Jaina reclaim it.The End boss is Blackmoore and slave Thrall.
    i think we would have a "Bronze dragonflight" holiday, where the bronze dragonflight get our help for a few weeks, with these alternate reality raids and dungeons, and they can give gear on level with the current raid/dungeon (or abit lower) or simply have them be part of the expansion, like next expansion we start with 1 raid, then the other being one with the bronze dragonflight, has nothing to do with the current lore, so we get abit more time till the nesxt big thing happens, but we still get that raid

also yeah one where velen joined the legion, and we fight an empowered version of him, with kiljaden and archimonde helping us!

Sounds fun, though I'd hope for something more serious than the murloc one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Sounds fun, though I'd hope for something more serious than the murloc one.
    Well why im saying there would be tons, they could be small 1-2 boss dungeons up to like 9 boss dungeons to 1-3 boss raids, we could get one every patch, alot of them could reuse old assets, with some different and new models. The stories could be butt fuck crazy for all i care because they would be alternate realities with nothing to matter on the current story. so the murloc one could work fine

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to write an Infinite Dragonflight filler expansion concept about this, but I'm too lazy. It sums up to Murozond opening temporal rifts leading to parallel 'what if' timelines in several parts of Azeroth.

One of the rifts would include Icecrown 2.0 featuring Jaina as Lich Queen. Or Sylvanas. Whatever.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm up for it. Using the Caverns of Time as 'what if' scenarios would be perfect, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yes, I would love something like this. I had the same thought, that characters based on alternate skins from HOTS could be brought in.

Would love to see an incarnation of Hellhammer Thrall.
    Peacemakers of draenor
    We fight a corrupted Thrall and Durotan with our allies Guldan, blackhand, nerzhul, grom, and killrog

Deleted
    How about a scenario where gul'dan said no to the legion and helps the orcs fight off an actual legion invasion. (probably a fair bit different than the legion expansion) He could still be power hungry, he just would see that the legion isn't the best place to look for that power. Gul'dan, Grom and Kargath would make much better heroes than all the ultra-good guys we have now. If only there was a way to make actual questing experiences in such scenario's without making it an expansion.

(WoD kindof ruined such scenario's tho )

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    How about a scenario where gul'dan said no to the legion and helps the orcs fight off an actual legion invasion. (probably a fair bit different than the legion expansion) He could still be power hungry, he just would see that the legion isn't the best place to look for that power. Gul'dan, Grom and Kargath would make much better heroes than all the ultra-good guys we have now. If only there was a way to make actual questing experiences in such scenario's without making it an expansion.

(WoD kindof ruined such scenario's tho )
    I would love to have us fighting off the legion, with guldan as a shaman, like he says no to the fel, and the elements see this and empower him, he has alot of the same abilities he had in his fight but as a shaman, and we have 'anti mechanics"
    where for example bosses and mobs come, and in order to lets say, a big mob spawns, we need to dps it down 5% then guldan will gather a water scythe, people must run to one side of the room, kill adds, gather the water runes they have, and run them to guldan, each one empowering his attack to do another 1% of the bosses health, we have 20 seconds then he casts it, then we must on our own do another 5% so on so forth, maybe a big blast comes from a legion ship and he puts up a wall, we must get behind it.

A fight where we are on the side of the boss, not the ones fighting the enemy, but assisting our ally.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would actually love an alternative reality, where Garrosh actually turned out to be a good and honorfull warchief, taking after the teachings of Saurfang during his time in Northrend. Could lead to a leader, who united many races and lead the Horde into glory against the evils of the world and not the Alliance.

..It would also give them a chance to start over with Garrosh from scratch, since he pretty much ended up being one of the worst characters in WoW history.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I would actually love an alternative reality, where Garrosh actually turned out to be a good and honorfull warchief, taking after the teachings of Saurfang during his time in Northrend. Could lead to a leader, who united many races and lead the Horde into glory against the evils of the world and not the Alliance.

..It would also give them a chance to start over with Garrosh from scratch, since he pretty much ended up being one of the worst characters in WoW history.
    Yeah, I honestly wouldn't mind some lore resets through time travel stuff. but then Legion, WoD and MoP would be called filler (Which is such a ridiculous term when you are talking about a continuous story btw).

Maybe we could play a scenario where the bronze dragons didn't lose the entirety of their power to manipulate the time ways during the events of Cataclysm. Oh wait...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I honestly wouldn't mind some lore resets through time travel stuff. but then Legion, WoD and MoP would be called filler (Which is such a ridiculous term when you are talking about a continuous story btw).
    Ohh i would never actually have the world be reset. I have accepted the things happening in WoD and MoP and they should stay. But i would love to give Blizzard a 2nd chance to just show us, that they could have made Garrosh a better character, if they just had pulled themself together. Garrosh is by far the character with most promise and with the largest ability to become an iconic character for Blizzards story-team. Just ahead of Wrathion and Yrel, Garrosh is the character with had the most backstory and cultural importance for Warcraft universe and if they had actually used all of this backstory to develop his character, they could have made something amazing.

But either because Blizzard don't believe their community can actually handle/understand a complex and interesting character or because they are simply imcopetent, they wasted him and made him a generic evil character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Maybe we could play a scenario where the bronze dragons didn't lose the entirety of their power to manipulate the time ways during the events of Cataclysm. Oh wait...
    Chromie has pretty much shown, that we can still be sent back in time. The bronze dragonflight is losing their absolute power over the timestream, but it does seem like they still have more then enough power to send us back in time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Ohh i would never actually have the world be reset. I have accepted the things happening in WoD and MoP and they should stay. But i would love to give Blizzard a 2nd chance to just show us, that they could have made Garrosh a better character, if they just had pulled themself together. Garrosh is by far the character with most promise and with the largest ability to become an iconic character for Blizzards story-team. Just ahead of Wrathion and Yrel, Garrosh is the character with had the most backstory and cultural importance for Warcraft universe and if they had actually used all of this backstory to develop his character, they could have made something amazing.

But either because Blizzard don't believe their community can actually handle/understand a complex and interesting character or because they are simply imcopetent, they wasted him and made him a generic evil character.

I don't mind MoP or WoD existing, I just find it such a shame that all those characters they have ruined over the past few years, even if we see them in their full potential (as villain or hero or whatever), will still leave a sour taste. It's a rather complex feeling I have over it and I just wish that I could travel back in time to 2001, smack the writers and tell them to stop fucking up. Alas, there is no good solution to this problem. But yours would be the best way to see some of those past characters blossom.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind MoP or WoD existing, I just find it such a shame that all those characters they have ruined over the past few years, even if we see them in their full potential (as villain or hero or whatever), will still leave a sour taste. It's a rather complex feeling I have over it and I just wish that I could travel back in time to 2001, smack the writers and tell them to stop fucking up. Alas, there is no good solution to this problem. But yours would be the best way to see some of those past characters blossom.
    I don't think it is a thing that can ever be solved. The characters are lost and bringing them back for real is just gonna make things worse. But having a few fun scenarios like OP have suggested might help us remember them in a different light. Giving Garrosh some great armor, some great moments and a real conclusion to his relationship with his father and the legacy he left behind, would allow us to atleast hold dear what might have been.

To be very honest, i would love to go to Blizzard HQ now and smack the writers a bit. They are still to this day wasting good characters on generic roles and i fear that in the future Wrathion, a diamond in the coal when it comes to Blizzard characters, will be made into a generic evil villian, who want nothing but death and destruction. You can even just look at the 7.3 PTR and the Army of Light. This is faction, that have been hyped for a several expansions and yet they seem to be nothing more then a small group of people when we finally meet them. Talking about anti-climatic.