Poll: Who?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Who has more Power? Arthas or Illidan?

I personally feel that Arthas has more power, but you may feel differently.

They both have their power due to the Legion, sooo....
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

And this was before Arthas put the helm on I might add.

The Lich King would probably give him a good fight, but ultimately I think Illidan (as he is now) is the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Reminder that Illidan was winning that fight, and he only lost because he was arrogant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Reminder that Illidan was winning that fight, and he only lost because he was arrogant.
    Is arrogant, not was, Illidan is still an asshat. Arrogance is something that should be taken into account in a fight, because it can and will get you killed.

Also none of that fight in the video looks like arrogance to me, it looks like Illidan just made a miscalculation and got shit on, that's a lack of skill, not arrogance.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

illidan.

arthas only won because of frostmourne's power. if illidan wasn't half demon, that hit would have killed him. any other fighter, that hit would have killed instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Arrogance is something that should be taken into account in a fight, because it can and will get you killed.
    Getting flashbacks from Oberyn vs the Mountain

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King would probably give him a good fight, but ultimately I think Illidan (as he is now) is the strongest.

Because Arthas is a level 82 elite and Illidan is now 112 elite?

Arthas lost a few levels heading to Northrend as Death Knight Arthas in Warcraft III - the Frozen Throne, when he confronted Illidan, who was at full power mind you, Arthas was able to best him in pure combat.

Is arrogant, not was, Illidan is still an asshat. Arrogance is something that should be taken into account in a fight, because it can and will get you killed.
    My point still stands.

Also none of that fight in the video looks like arrogance to me,
    I was referring to how it played out in the book, because it fleshes out the fight far better than the cinematic does.

it looks like Illidan just made a miscalculation and got shit on, that's a lack of skill, not arrogance.
    After burning Arthas with fel fire, Illidan assumed he had won because he's arrogant - and because he's arrogant he got careless. That's why he lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Arthas lost a few levels heading to Northrend as Death Knight Arthas in Warcraft III - the Frozen Throne, when he confronted Illidan, who was at full power mind you, Arthas was able to best him in pure combat.

Arthas was also at his full power when he faced Illidan. Ner'zhul restored it when he arrived at Icecrown.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-08-14 at 03:49 AM.

Illidan has more power overall when it comes to magic and stuff like that.

arrogance is his biggest enemy.

I don't know enough about the rules around corpses and demons, but the Lich King has an army of corpses, how does a demon go about killing what is dead? Can LK raise the corpse of a slain demon to fight for him? It almost feels like the characters exist in the same world, but not the same timeline. Just how Marvel has so many heroes yet you only see a select group of them at a time facing world ending events. :P

Yes yes Arthas did defeat Illidan at the foot of the Frozen Throne.
    But if you think about it, the reason Illidan lost to Arthas is because he was cocky.
    At least, this is what I got out of from the novel "Arthas". When they fought, Illidan easily toyed with Arthas and the Warglaives of Azzinoth was unbreakable by Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Stop guys - let's settle that case that happened in Wc3:TFT.
    In the game and in the Lore(CANON BOOK) you can see that:
    -Arthas had his power restored by Nerzhul, he was also empowered by him,
    -Illidan was winning, but got arrogant, and instead of killing him off, he was mocking him, and this is the reason why he lost, (same case as Oberyn Martel vs Gregor Clegane, aka The Red Viper vs The Mountain)

Anyway - we're talking about raw power, not character or who could win the fight - I'd vote for Illidan.

Also none of that fight in the video looks like arrogance to me, it looks like Illidan just made a miscalculation and got shit on, that's a lack of skill, not arrogance.
    It's explained in the book.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-08-14 at 09:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Illidan by a landslide

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I personally feel that Arthas has more power, but you may feel differently.

They both have their power due to the Legion, sooo....
    First we had Garrosh vs Arthas. Then we had Garrosh vs Illidan. Now we have Illidan vs Arthas....

The problem with this particular argument is that neither Arthas' or Illidan's max power levels are clearly defined. Between the Lich King's power and Frostmourne, Arthas is nearly godlike in power. Between his own potent sorcery, the knowledge from Gul'Dan's skull, and his new demon form, Illidan is also nearly godlike in power.

What it comes down to is which one is more popular. There isn't enough clear cut info to have a real conclusion to this discussion. Good luck arguing about it, however. ;D

With Legion Illidan has a lot more power, back in WotlK Arthas had more but his character development stopped there.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    First we had Garrosh vs Arthas. Then we had Garrosh vs Illidan. Now we have Illidan vs Arthas....

The problem with this particular argument is that neither Arthas' or Illidan's max power levels are clearly defined. Between the Lich King's power and Frostmourne, Arthas is nearly godlike in power. Between his own potent sorcery, the knowledge from Gul'Dan's skull, and his new demon form, Illidan is also nearly godlike in power.

What it comes down to is which one is more popular. There isn't enough clear cut info to have a real conclusion to this discussion. Good luck arguing about it, however. ;D
    Well the Skull of Gul'dan is not that powerful (Compared to Frostmourne) ... It just had Raw Fel Power sucked into it + The knowledge of the most powerful mortal Warlock to has ever existed
    Off-topic : That was me xD

- - - Updated - - -

What is funny is people don't want to get over this entire "Illidan vs Arthas" OR "Who is stronger ? Illidan or Arthas?" it has already been answered in the novel : Illidan was stronger BUT he lost to Arthas due to his Arrogance , He was basically overwhelming him with his Warglaives and Arthas was exhausted by his fight with Kael'thas And then he went Metamorphosis and started flying , He casted a fel-ball and made Arthas feel pain (That's impressive if you ask me , Making an Undead Death Knight like Arthas to feel pain) then Illidan Started using Lethal attacks to finish him off , It was the call of frostmourne that saved Arthas from getting owned , a total of 2 slashes from Frostmourne was enough to bring Illidan down

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if Illidan was completely serious he'd fuck Arthas up really good.

I haven't read the Arthas novel, but in the W3 TFT cinematic they were pretty close, however Illidan used like no spells when he is a fucking beastly spell-caster and instead relied on his martial prowess, which is also top notch but still only used half his arsenal... He didn't even use Metamorphosis...

I don't think Arthas gained that much of a personal boost by putting on the Lich King helm, he was just granted full control over the Scourge and just a slight power boost.

Illidan on the other hand I believe improved significantly since then, by traveling through the Nether and through Legion, to the point when he can contain Sargeras himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, Arthas. As long as Illidan has the personality he does, he won't be the sole winner.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wrong. Read the book and stop spreading misinformation. Arthas won because he was quicker than Illidan and because of how powerful Frostmourne made him.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Yet we know who actually won the fight.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-08-14 at 11:38 AM.