Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Two Things That Are Making Legion Miserable for me

TLDR.

1. Throughput Legendaries
    2. Titanforging

Throughput Legendaries

In my opinion this is the worst idea, and most toxic system that has ever existed in the history of World of Warcraft. There are a few main points that make it absolutely miserable.

1. There are simply just way too fucking many in the game, and if you're playing casually it still takes about 3-4 weeks to get one.
    2. This makes it almost impossible to get legendaries across multiple specs
    a) This is even worse on alts or players who are trying to return to the game
    3. It locks way too much gear. Between legendaries and some classes being forced to wear 6 tier pieces, that's half of your character that is locked to a specific item.
    a)This automatically invalidates almost half of the gear in the entire game, combined with a good portion of the gear being bad in the remaining slots because of how imbalanced secondary stats are for many specs
    b) SO MUCH LOOT IS WASTED/DISENCHANTED, it FeelsRealBadMan
    4. Many of the utility legendaries are actually pretty cool and/or fun, but no one will ever use those over a 5-8% dps increase provided by a throughput legendary. It's very simple, no one will ever do that in any raiding setting. Not once, not ever. Prydaz is the only exception in high end progression cases.

Titanforging

This one is pretty simple. I like the idea of the system for the most part, but like many things in Legion it just takes the RNG way too damn far. This is perhaps more personal so I will just list the two things that I think would make the system much more enjoyable for me. Instead of it feeling like you can get upgrades, even as a mythic raider, by helping your friends or just doing old content. It's more devolved into feeling like YOU'RE FORCED to do everything, because the Titanforging doesn't seem uncommon.

1. Titanforging is capped at the base mythic item level, 930 in the example of ToS
    a) This is still A TON of room for players to be rewarded, even your mythic player has those couple of slots they could get, but it greatly reduces the need to constantly do everything for upgrades
    2. Mythic loot can warforge at +5/10, and Mythic bosses (only Mythic bosses) drop a currency similar to old badges that will also allow you to upgrade to that cap if you don't get lucky. Let your +15 weekly M+ item also fall in this category (or whatever the max level reward is at the time)
    a) Mythic raiding needs to be more rewarding for the effort than it currently is. I think I can speak for most mythic players in that not being able to combat the loot RNG in Legion at all is VERY frustrating
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-08-14 at 04:09 PM.

You just could summarize both to "RNG factor" of Legion. It's by far the worst part of the expansion and hopefully does not carry over into the next one.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    It's more devolved into feeling like YOU'RE FORCED to do everything
    No system in the world can protect you from hurting yourself or the community to be full of shitbags.
    I for one value the ability to help out guildies on runs and still have a chance to be rewarded.

For most people I can only recommend to get out of the toxic circle of players you seem to be in that makes you want to do these things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You just could summarize both to "RNG factor" of Legion. It's by far the worst part of the expansion and hopefully does not carry over into the next one.
    I haven't seen anything from the developers that would suggest (or give me faith) that the RNG systems from Legion won't return in the next expansion. The new expansion will most likely just have new Legendaries as well. Wouldn't Blizzard figure that it'd be a little strange for Legion to be the only expansion with like fifty Legendaries?

The only things I really dislike in Legion are:

- Follower missions. I'm tired of those. And I feel forced to log into every single alt before I start to really play just to keep the missions going. I like having a base to develop, but I hope this aspect of it goes away next expansion and the HQ is more cosmetic/lore/story-oriented than gameplay-heavy.
    - AP Grind. Another thing that I find really boring. However, I think Blizzard will keep some variation of it next expansion since it keeps players playing.
    - Legendaries. Blizzard should just remove them and add two more talents rows. Legendaries are just extra talents that are acquired throught RNG and then you need extra gear to swap them.

Titanforges does not bother me at all. I actually like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    I haven't seen anything from the developers that would suggest (or give me faith) that the RNG systems from Legion won't return in the next expansion. The new expansion will most likely just have new Legendaries as well. Wouldn't Blizzard figure that it'd be a little strange for Legion to be the only expansion with like fifty Legendaries?
    I love the legendaries. I hate how we acquire them. I think they've done a great job with creating nice tools of altering your character with items but the rng factor and no way to somehow counter it make the entire legendary system awful. They can keep it for xpac 7 but improve it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR.

2. Titanforging

Throughput Legendaries

In my opinion this is the worst idea, and most toxic system that has ever existed in the history of World of Warcraft. There are a few main points that make it absolutely miserable.

3. It locks way too much gear. Between legendaries and some classes being forced to wear 6 tier pieces, that's half of your character that is locked to a specific item.
    Firs of all, you are not "FORCED" to do anything regardless of what character / spec you play"

a)This automatically invalidates almost half of the gear in the entire game, combined with a good portion of the gear being bad in the remaining slots because of how imbalanced secondary stats are for many specs

Complete and utter lies. They changed the way ilvl and gear works, so now its almost always the better choice to choose ilvl over stats. Get with the times.

4. Many of the utility legendaries are actually pretty cool and/or fun, but no one will ever use those over a 5-8% dps increase provided by a throughput legendary. It's very simple, no one will ever do that in any raiding setting. Not once, not ever. Prydaz is the only exception in high end progression cases.
    It makes the gearing and playstyle game much more interesting than "herpa derp i only choose gear that gives me moar powa!" Utility legendaries might actually be more powerful than "throughput" legendaries if used correctly. If you choose a movement speed legendary on a fight that has high movement required, then you might be doing more dps than not having the extra mobility. Your point is invalid.

Titanforging

This one is pretty simple. I like the idea of the system for the most part, but like many things in Legion it just takes the RNG way too damn far. This is perhaps more personal so I will just list the two things that I think would make the system much more enjoyable for me. Instead of it feeling like you can get upgrades, even as a mythic raider, by helping your friends or just doing old content. It's more devolved into feeling like YOU'RE FORCED to do everything, because the Titanforging doesn't seem uncommon.
    Again, you're not FORCED to do anything. This is you making up a problem in your head.

1. Titanforging is capped at the base mythic item level, 930 in the example of ToS
    a) This is still A TON of room for players to be rewarded, even your mythic player has those couple of slots they could get, but it greatly reduces the need to constantly do everything for upgrades
    2. Mythic loot can warforge at +5/10, and Mythic bosses (only Mythic bosses) drop a currency similar to old badges that will also allow you to upgrade to that cap if you don't get lucky. Let your +15 weekly M+ item also fall in this category (or whatever the max level reward is at the time)
    a) Mythic raiding needs to be more rewarding for the effort than it currently is. I think I can speak for most mythic players in that not being able to combat the loot RNG in Legion at all is VERY frustrating
    [/quote]

The one thing that I will agree on is that the Titanforge system should have caps at the difficulties people do. So +15 or +20 ilvl for any difficulty should be the MAX a piece from that content will drop. That way it makes each difficulty you progress into feel more rewarded for going into that difficulty.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the legendaries. I hate how we acquire them. I think they've done a great job with creating nice tools of altering your character with items but the rng factor and no way to somehow counter it make the entire legendary system awful. They can keep it for xpac 7 but improve it.
    They might address the Legendary acquisition in the next expansion, but I meant that in regards to OP's complaint that it invalidates a ton of other gear. I'm sort of inclined to agree. Having to take into account set bonuses and the fucking wild array of titanforging on top of Legendaries is a huge pain in the ass but not necessarily "miserable" for me.

At least I don't have to keep a separate set of full gear for my DPS and Tank spec anymore (and PvP sets for those specs as well). Overall, things are still less complicated in Legion in terms of bag space than they've been in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Complete and utter lies. They changed the way ilvl and gear works, so now its almost always the better choice to choose ilvl over stats. Get with the times.

It makes the gearing and playstyle game much more interesting than "herpa derp i only choose gear that gives me moar powa!" Utility legendaries might actually be more powerful than "throughput" legendaries if used correctly. If you choose a movement speed legendary on a fight that has high movement required, then you might be doing more dps than not having the extra mobility. Your point is invalid.
    I can't claim I know the stat weights for all classes, but I do know them for Warrior. Mastery is 37-50% more powerful than any other stat for Arms warriors. Crit is a shit tier stat for both specs, and haste is as much as 60% more powerful than any other stat up to 30% haste for Fury. So no, I can not just wear the higher item level most of the time for either of my specs. Either way, the point was more that much of your gear is locked regardless of stats because it's a tier piece or legendary.

Show me a mythic guild that has people using utility legendaries that aren't Prydaz over their best in slot throughput ones. I certainly don't see that in most logs I look at. Everyone uses the throughput ones, because combined it can easily be 12-15% dps increase. No one is ever not going to take the 15% more dps, it's just not going to happen.

TLDR.

2. Titanforging

Throughput Legendaries

1. There are simply just way too fucking many in the game, and if you're playing casually it still takes about 3-4 weeks to get one.
    2. This makes it almost impossible to get legendaries across multiple specs
    a) This is even worse on alts or players who are trying to return to the game

Titanforging

unlucky for you both of those are huge succes in eyes of dev so you should look for another game if you dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    unlucky for you both of those are huge succes in eyes of dev so you should look for another game if you dont like it.
    I will definitely not be buying the next expansion of these are not greatly improved or addressed

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    What is the point of this thread then? Everyone knows how legendarys and RNG is a weakpoint, is this just another personal blog thread or what m8.
    Everyone knows, except the developers it seems. Just collaborating my thoughts

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If some game is miserable for me, I just don't play it. I found out that's better way to send message to devs that pointless whining. What's wrong with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the titanforging.. It gives you a chance to get useful gear when doing old content, and when doing current content you always have a chance at getting an upgrade. But I don't feel forced to do EVERYTHING, because the chances of getting an upgrade from anything aside from heroic/mythic ToS is minimal at best.

Legendaries can fuck off though, they're the WORST thing ever. Holy fuck.
    I rerolled for ToS, and before I got DECENT (I still don't have BiS) legendaries, the other paladin healer in my guild just completely destroyed me. I'm still lacking behind, but if I get lucky I can actually do better than him sometimes.

Titanforging

Titanforging itself isn't uncommon, but Titanforging to useful levels is going to be exceptionally rare in old content. Doing it purely for the gear generally isn't worth the time investment. Your feeling comes from you undervaluing time as a resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    Word. The principle behind legendaries is great. Distribution is awful. They belong on a vendor for currency.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Yeah. I appreciate the OP's effort in breaking down pretty much what I share as exactly what is wrong with Legion, but he is just going to be met with an onslaught of "RNG IS EVERYWHERE IN WOW DEAL WITH IT" and "IF YOU DUN LIKE IT, ITS OPTIONAL".

I love how content that is required to progress farther in the game is "optional" *rolls eyes*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Word. The principle behind legendaries is great. Distribution is awful. They belong on a vendor for currency.
    Agreeeeeeed. Some manner to check your progress as you work for your next legendary. Something that doesn't keep the player guessing and guessing and giving more disappointment than the "epic" feeling you'd get when it drops.

Legendaries are counter intuitive because they are a grind that you can't actively check your progress on. Where as if it were a point system and it costs 1000 points, oh gee I can see how I gain points over time and how close I am to achieving that goal in a simple system UI! It's simple, and not filled with idiotic gimmicks like bad luck protection that works less than half the time.

My favorite "epic" feeling is when a legendary drops off a WANTED world quest and I cannot be assed to loot it, so it gets mailed to me. Yeah, mailed oranges is real fucking cool blizzard.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

All of this whining is about such silly and minor things that it's hard to take any of that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The only things I really dislike in Legion are:

- Follower missions. I'm tired of those. And I feel forced to log into every single alt before I start to really play just to keep the missions going. I like having a base to develop, but I hope this aspect of it goes away next expansion and the HQ is more cosmetic/lore/story-oriented than gameplay-heavy.
    - AP Grind. Another thing that I find really boring. However, I think Blizzard will keep some variation of it next expansion since it keeps players playing.
    - Legendaries. Blizzard should just remove them and add two more talents rows. Legendaries are just extra talents that are acquired throught RNG and then you need extra gear to swap them.

Titanforges does not bother me at all. I actually like it.
    ad 1 - get mobile phone managed it in work/on toilet
    ad 2 - seems like mmorpgs are not for you if you dont like grinds

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    All of this whining is about such silly and minor things that it's hard to take any of that seriously.
    Doing 15% less dps, often combined with a sub par rotation as the legendaries also improve the gameplay of many specs is hardly minor.