Low rupture uptime on Fallen Avatar

In a rather casual guild but we finally killed Avatar HC today.

On more or less all fights in tomb i have 97%+ on rupture uptime. But avatar. I am having a hell of a time getting it above 90. On our kill i had 88%,
    It fell of during maidens cleansing protocol thing. It fell off from time to time when i had to run out with the shadow dagger and on the way back i had to turn around for the rupture realities. It feels like i am getting shafted by Rng. Is this a thing or am i just not aggressive enough ?

our team struggled a lot on the cleansing protocol. We had times we cleared it with less than a second pefore it popped. So should i still reapply rupture on avatar while fighting the cleansing protocol or let it fall off ?

Do i need to ignore rupture realities and run in to get rupture off and not getting as far away before the blows up ?

How do you manage to keep a high uptime on rupture in this fight ?

I am not posting logs because i don't think its neccessary for this post. If it is. tell me and i shall abide.

Rogues should have 100% uptime on this fight.

• You can stand at max melee range with Feint up for Rupture Realities.
    • You should stand still with Feint up for Unbound Chaos.
    • You should put Shadow Blades in the far left or right corners in melee range.
    • You should solo Dark Mark in melee range with either CoS or Feint + Crimson Vial DR (pop it as soon as you get Mark to stack it up) + ShS (to negate the knockup).

As far as Rupture uptime itself, you should plan around when Cleansing Protocol is coming and put your DoTs up on Maiden a few seconds early so you can just dump Envenoms into her during the shield with your DoTs already ticking. Keeping it rolling on Avatar during this time is not super important, but you can try to refresh your DoTs on him as well just before Cleansing Protocol is coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    [*]You should stand still with Feint up for Unbound Chaos.
    o_O one hit without feint puts me to about 20% health, not saying you are wrong but this seems very risky. I'll try it though next time

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    o_O one hit without feint puts me to about 20% health, not saying you are wrong but this seems very risky. I'll try it though next time
    Nothing risky about it if you Feint, because Feint is bugged and reduces it by like 95% instead of 50%.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Nothing risky about it if you Feint, because Feint is bugged and reduces it by like 95% instead of 50%.
    Huh, guess ill just stand still in future, nice tip

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Rogues should have 100% uptime on this fight.

• You can stand at max melee range with Feint up for Rupture Realities.
    • You should stand still with Feint up for Unbound Chaos.
    • You should put Shadow Blades in the far left or right corners in melee range.
    • You should solo Dark Mark in melee range with either CoS or Feint + Crimson Vial DR (pop it as soon as you get Mark to stack it up) + ShS (to negate the knockup).

As far as Rupture uptime itself, you should plan around when Cleansing Protocol is coming and put your DoTs up on Maiden a few seconds early so you can just dump Envenoms into her during the shield with your DoTs already ticking. Keeping it rolling on Avatar during this time is not super important, but you can try to refresh your DoTs on him as well just before Cleansing Protocol is coming.
    Thanks. Super nice info here. This will make me improve more than just getting my rupture uptime up. Did not know about chaos and feint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Do you have logs to prove this? I'm not inclined to try on our heroic runs just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    Do you have logs to prove this? I'm not inclined to try on our heroic runs just yet.
    Just tried it tonight, can confirm it works beyond expected -- it didn't matter if I was standing in mine and other melee's or just mine, I took next to no damage. You don't even need elusiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    Just tried it tonight, can confirm it works beyond expected -- it didn't matter if I was standing in mine and other melee's or just mine, I took next to no damage. You don't even need elusiveness.
    I noticed it two weeks ago. Why is it that buggy tho? Its like reducing almost every dmg taken from chaos.