Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh come on, sheriff Joe Arpaio isnt that bad.

Arpaio told Fox News, “I would accept the pardon because I am 100 percent not guilty.”

bingo
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-22 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGregor View Post
    oh come on, sheriff Joe Arpaio isnt that bad.

Arpaio told Fox News, “I would accept the pardon because I am 100 percent not guilty.”

bingo
    Then both you and he doesn't even understand what a pardon is. If he is pardoned, it means his guilt is excused, not that he isn't guilty. It's the opposite of what both of you claim.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then both you and he doesn't even understand what a pardon is. If he is pardoned, it means his guilt is excused, not that he isn't guilty. It's the opposite of what both of you claim.
    i never said he wasnt guilty. i just said hes not a bad guy. did an excellent job as sheriff

10+ Year Old Account
    i never said he wasnt guilty. i just said hes not a bad guy. did an excellent job as sheriff
    Uhm... you posted a quote of him saying he isn't guilty, followed by bingo. While the word sheriff, excellent or job, don't even appear in your post. Wtf?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you where brown skinned, then he did a really bad job as sheriff.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Unless you where brown skinned, then he did a really bad job as sheriff.
    racial profiling works

10+ Year Old Account
    racial profiling works
    Sure it does, whatever helps you justify your prejudice. But here in America we have due process. Everyone gets it, even you and Trump.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    racial profiling works
    People with tattoos are more likely to engage in risky, even criminal, behavior. You want to keep crawling down that rabbit hole?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Their findings illustrated that tattooed individual are more likely to engage
    in risky behaviors such as drug/alcohol use and risky sexual behavior.

oh man , they are having unprotected sex. probably doing anal

10+ Year Old Account
    Their findings --
    Clearly, you didn't read the part where public perceptions were involved. People believe that tattooed people are more likely to engage in criminal behavior. And, therefore, that should lead to "tattoo profiling".

But it doesn't matter. You clearly got defensive and missed the point, which was the point. At some point, the profiling targets you. And you will have accepted it, by allowing it on someone else. Also, having tattoos is not a protected class, so don't expect any help from the ACLU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, you didn't read the part where public perceptions were involved. People believe that tattooed people are more likely to engage in criminal behavior. And, therefore, that should lead to "tattoo profiling".
    this is about Arizona and illegal immigration, not tattoos.

guess who the illegal immigrants are in Arizona?

do you know what they ask me at the Border Patrol check point outside of Tombstone,AZ? nothing, they wave me by. can you guess why?
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-22 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was also not about profiling, until you threw that in. I can't help but notice you're backing off from the unpleasant thought about that being applied to you and/or people you like. Can't handle the thought of you, or people like you, being unfairly sought by law enforcement? Maybe now you'll sympathize with African-Americans and Latinos...or not, your call. Either way, retreating is an acknowledgement of defeat.

So I'll drag this thread back on topic: Phoenix is on high alert for Trump's upcoming rally. The possible pardon is a listed reason. Even Joe doesn't know at this point.

guess who the illegal immigrants are in Arizona?

do you know what they ask me at the Border Patrol check point outside of Tombstone,AZ? nothing, they wave me by. can you guess why?
    Except that violates our rights to due process. Everyone in the country has it, American or not, and his actions also resulted in actual Americans being detained which is what led to the shitstorm against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

racial profiling works
    It's also illegal, but I'm sure you know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was also not about profiling, until you threw that in. I can't help but notice you're backing off from the unpleasant thought about that being applied to you and/or people you like. Can't handle the thought of you, or people like you, being unfairly sought by law enforcement? Maybe now you'll sympathize with African-Americans and Latinos...or not, your call. Either way, retreating is an acknowledgement of defeat.

So I'll drag this thread back on topic: Phoenix is on high alert for Trump's upcoming rally. The possible pardon is a listed reason. Even Joe doesn't know at this point.
    Arpaio was a defendant in a decade-long racial-profiling case in which a federal court issued an injunction barring him from conducting further "immigration round-ups" that targeted Hispanics.[16] A federal court subsequently found that after the order was issued, Arpaio's office continued to detain "persons for further investigation without reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is being committed."[16] In 2016, Arpaio was held in civil contempt of court, and the following year, Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt of court for "willfully" violating the order.

the entire reason hes in in trouble revolves around racial profiling. do you even know who he is , omg.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you were wrong about profiling and are now tucking your tail between your legs and running instead of doubling down on your mistake, or owning up to it?

Well I can't say that's not typical.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    So you were wrong about profiling and are now tucking your tail between your legs and running instead of doubling down on your mistake, or owning up to it?

Well I can't say that's not typical.
    racial profiling works. there i said it again so you can try to take that out of context too..

here il be more clear so you dont mix up my words

although it is illegal, racial profiling works. that is the main cause for Joe being in trouble, the sheriff from Maricopa County, Arizona,where illegal immigration is a huge problem.

let me know if you need me to spell it out for you better

i never said it was good or bad, i said IT WORKS..

also, YOU CANNOT RACIALLY PROFILE A TATTOO, tattoos are not a race of people.

of course this has nothing to do with the post. the topic of this post was to bash trump without knowing any facts.

well i cant say that's not typical
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-22 at 09:14 PM.

racial profiling works. there i said it again so you can try to take that out of context too..
    It's also illegal, as I'm sure you're aware.

Also, it doesn't always work - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3d20cea94802

YOU CANNOT RACIALLY PROFILE A TATTOO, tattoos are not a race of people.
    It's not racial profiling, but it's still profiling based on stereotypes and prejudices about people with tattoos.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you even know who he is , omg.
    Yes, omg, I'm familiar with the case, omg, wtf, bbq, wwe, mma, lbgtqand/or byob.

Again, you seemed to be fine with the idea of profiling until I pointed out how it affects you and/or your namesake, as they are more likely to use drugs (you left that part out when you were being sarcastic, by the way) and are far more likely to be viewed by the public as criminal or dangerous. Funny, you seem to be okay with profiling that doesn't target you...

Simply put, if you want to defend racial profiling as something that works, but attack tattoo profiling despite equally valid science AND feelings behind it, that says a lot more about you than it does about me. Maybe you should ask yourself why that is? What is it about you, that would be okay with seeing people of a different ethnicity as worth extra police attention, but not about people who look like you and/or people you like? What could that be? Well I'm stumped, let's see if you can come up with anything.

Oh, and just so we're clear: Sheriff Joe was ordered by the courts to stop racial profiling. He refused. He found guilty could go to jail for this. Are you really sure you want to defend racial profiling? I mean, Sheriff Joe could go to jail for it. It's illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

YOU CANNOT RACIALLY PROFILE A TATTOOl
    No. You can't.

Tattoos are voluntary. Race is involuntary. Guess which one is a protected class?